• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who wins in a fight?

• Knull

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • The Batman Who LMAOs

Votes: 39 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I like reading the books :( and tbh I like the finished art more than the weekly stuff on the Shonen Jump app. MHA is better than most but I feel like I'm reading a lesser series on the app.

I'm gonna have to catch up because everything keeps getting spoiled on me.

I mean, I'm saying this as someone that gets all my comics physically, but it just makes life so much easier reading MHA digitally every week. Think of it less like a comic and more like a tv series. You get to stew for a week on what's going on and what's gonna happen next. It's actually helped increase my enjoyment.
Assuming there isn't a cliffhanger cause those suck

May 24, 2019
Next month's poll:

Who's the worst artist in comics?
Michael Fiffe
Javier Pulido
Jeff Lemire/Matt Kindt (they're the same person)
Frank Quitely
Chris Burnham/Ian Bertram/Ramon Villalobos/Raphael Grampa (and all other Frank Quitely Jrs)
e: Tom Scioli receiving the special Jack Kirby prize presented by Kieth Giffen.

Deleted member 60729

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 20, 2019
The list is a lot of master storytellers who people dismiss for style reasons.

Jim Lee, though, has a very widely appealing mainstream style, but can be lacking when it comes to storytelling.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
The list is a lot of master storytellers who people dismiss for style reasons.

Jim Lee, though, has a very widely appealing mainstream style, but can be lacking when it comes to storytelling.
I just hate his style. There's too many lines, you don't need so many lines. It looks overly gritty and it turned me off reading american comics for well over 5 years

His art works in stuff like that nazi superman story in Multiversity but that's it

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
The more I look at Gleason's art the more I realize It's just Doug Mahnke but actually good

Deleted member 60729

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
I just hate his style. There's too many lines, you don't need so many lines. It looks overly gritty and it turned me off reading american comics for well over 5 years

His art works in stuff like that nazi superman story in Multiversity but that's it
I like a decent amount of his pinups and splashes.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Next month's poll:

Michael Fiffe
Javier Pulido
Frank Quitely
Chris Burnham/Ian Bertram/Ramon Villalobos/Raphael Grampa (and all other Frank Quitely Jrs)

woah

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I like reading the books :( and tbh I like the finished art more than the weekly stuff on the Shonen Jump app. MHA is better than most but I feel like I'm reading a lesser series on the app.

I'm gonna have to catch up because everything keeps getting spoiled on me.
What different on the app compared to the books?

Deleted member 60729

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
I like Mahnke.

I'm not going to say there haven't been a few times when his work wasn't up to the quality of my favorite work, but hey, it's a deadline medium. Happens to everyone.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Personally, I think some of his current stuff is still great. This is from tec this year.
2311c9c374e83a3aa10aa8c7d165bd3c.jpg

(though Batman's left knee is admittedly odd.)

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Mahnke is good. But then othertimes he over lines his face details and makes the teeth look too... teethy in a jarring way that pulls you out of a moment.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that if 5G is real, it means that DC is going to replace Wonder Woman with a literal who less than 6 months after what will likely be a billion dollar movie

lol

May 24, 2019
They're getting their WW84 tie in comics out of the way now. That's why Steve Orlando is continuing stories with The Cheetah instead of starting something new.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm technically on your side, since I haven't read the book everyone is arguing about.

He's an indie artist who does Copra, which is essentially his version of the Suicide Squad. Sort of in the vein of Miller or Chaykin. His strength is largely in layout, and I don't feel his art carries the sense of motion and weight that some of my favorites do.
51GEU-wZafL.jpg

coprav2_01_pg_02-03_sol.jpg

wir.VS_.klaus_.FINAL_.jpg

Rax.jpg

Deleted member 60729

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
He's an indie artist who does Copra, which is essentially his version of the Suicide Squad. Sort of in the vein of Miller or Chaykin. His strength is largely in layout, and I don't feel his art carries the sense of motion and weight that some of my favorites do.
51GEU-wZafL.jpg

coprav2_01_pg_02-03_sol.jpg

wir.VS_.klaus_.FINAL_.jpg

Rax.jpg
Is this typical coloring for the series? Because that's the element I'm feeling the least from these pages.

Foofaraw

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope WW84 doesn't continue to use Synder's action style. The trailer seems like it has a lot of soft focus, or at least that weird overly digital feeling backgrounds. It'll probably be fun. Excited to see Cheetah.

Edit: Wait. Pedro Pascal is Maxwell Lord?! What did they do to my handsome boy?! He looks like a used car salesman with trump hair. WW better kill this travesty.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Next month's poll:

Michael Fiffe
Javier Pulido
Frank Quitely
Liefeld

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.