• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who wins in a fight?

• Knull

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • The Batman Who LMAOs

Votes: 39 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
When I told Charles Soule that he was super awesome and wished him the best, he had a good response.
ELjzLOAU8AIYYVG

hahahaha

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
y'all it sucks to go to err the other side and see the exact same problems that the mods and administrators JUST talked about working harder to solver go completely ignored.

thanks for not being garbo, everyone.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How about Babylon 5?

Thinking about it, there's not a whole lot of series I liked from the first season to last.
I have not seen Babylon 5 before. Ill check it out. Meant to awhile back, but completely forgot about it. Thanks!

Also might rewatch Boardwalk Empire. Show just kinda despresed me last time lol, so im not sure how its gunna go this time.

I dunno, theres quite a few I have enjoyed from start to finish. PoI was just so good, I was hoping for a better resolution at the end.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
All the Star Wars and jj abrams circus reminds me. What happened to the nepotism Spider-Man comic?

JJ Abrams and his son asked the question "What if we made a book about Peter Parker's son, but made it as unenjoyable as possible?"

edit: lol every time I look at the OT I become more convinced that DisneyWars was a mistake or at least The Last Jedi

y'all it sucks to go to gaming side and see the exact same problems that the mods and administrators JUST talked about working harder to solver go completely ignored.

thanks for not being garbo, everyone.

What happened?

And man EviLore was and is a trash human but he would have cracked down on the awful redirect ads that are still happening with the quickness.

edit 2: holy shit an entire OT thread for Kudranski's awful art

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And man EviLore was and is a trash human but he would have cracked down on the awful redirect ads that are still happening with the quickness.

edit 2: holy shit an entire OT thread for Kudranski's awful art
hey do you, or does anyone, know what happened to those first ResetEra admins? folk like Nibel and Zhuge and so on? i don't think any of those first-generation gaming folk are around anymore. i don't know anyone on the staff anymore. maybe MHWilliams knows?

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
New Mutants was surprisingly engaging. I didn't think I'd have any interest in the story switch but I want to see more. It was a little dark. The disease they talk about was super heavy. It's almost criminal that mutants don't cure everyone in that state if they have the ability.

Deleted member 60729

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 20, 2019
edit: lol every time I look at the OT I become more convinced that DisneyWars was a mistake or at least The Last Jedi
The mistake is not the movies, the mistake is going anywhere near that kind of "discourse", where people who clearly need therapy will sit and repeat themselves over and over again for years (literally years!) about the same handful of movies and shows they didn't like.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Last Jedi is a good film but man, the discourse makes me wonder if the Disney deal was worth it

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Last Jedi is a good film but man, the discourse makes me wonder if the Disney deal was worth it
I'm of two minds about it. I'm not a fan of Disney just absorbing everything because they have too much fucking money. But on the other, it's not like we were going to get all this new Star Wars stuff without another company stepping in. Lucas seemed like he was done with it.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm of two minds about it. I'm not a fan of Disney just absorbing everything because they have too much fucking money. But on the other, it's not like we were going to get all this new Star Wars stuff without another company stepping in. Lucas seemed like he was done with it.
pretty much my attitude. i'm not one to think that new content can color old content, so i'll always be really happy with the original trilogy and my ewok movies and shit. and hey, i may not like the new trilogy much but i did like rogue one quite a bit. and the mandalorian is great! and i have no doubt i'll enjoy more star wars stuff in the future. none of this stuff would really be happening otherwise.

tho i gotta admit disney partnering with EA has been such a disaster outside of respawn's new game.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
True and it was likely they were gonna own it anyway with the Fox deal.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
We would've gotten Star Wars 1313 though instead of EA getting their grubby hands on the license :(

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
On one hand Katana should move on from her husband sword, on the other hand Black Lightning is absolutely a self insert for Hill now.
Okay I was gonna say based on this and Fallen Angels I feel like Hill very clearly has a thing. The "melodramatic Asian ninja" is a thing he has.

Outsiders is way goddamned better. My problem with Outsiders is that it feels very shonen anime in that every issue feels too short. Like, it's a cliffhanger, but in the worst way. Like too little happened in it, but not in the way that people give Bendis shit for padding out his issues with lots of stills and meandering dialogue.

I dunno. It feels super anime.
Because it was awful
Batman/Superman is great right now
Ehhhh

Lets just have a fun Flash movie that flirts with high concept but is mostly fun speedster stuff and Flashfacts instead.
But Flashpoint is the only Flash story don't you know?
I really don't understand what they were thinking with the CW
I'm actually on your side on this one. This the feature, not the bug of American Big Two comics. They will always snap back to status quo, like the timeline correcting itself. Some of these ideas will resonate with readers long beyond their starts, while others fall by the wayside.
I been feeling that lately as well. The fluidity of it all but still maintaining it is nice.
Hey don't worry, all our opinions are shit here. Except mine, of course. It is objectively measured by a panel of experts worldwide that inhumans > X-men
Agreed
Man, finished Person of Interest. That ending kinda sucked tbh. The last season just felt rushed and just didnt have a very satisfying ending because of it.

Damn TV shows and their stupid ownership problems. It was apparently cancelled because of the same reason as Deadly Class and The Expanse. It was owned by another company, in PoI's case WB, than the network it was airing on.

Wish they would do a Shaw show or something. It hasnt been too long since it ended, so it doesnt need a reboot. At least Westworld Season 3 looks good.
It was a great ending. Season was a bit short I agree, but they tied up every loose end and I felt that the closure at the end was perfect. Having Shaw go on to continue the Machine's mission, along with all the other installed cells and agents around the world (of god knows how many) is a pretty perfect ending. John and Harold got beautiful endings along with Root's sacrifice to literally become a part of the Machine, which is basically what she wanted, and Fusco gets his redemption and a "normal" life as a good cop. The only real loose end I can think of off the top of my head was the one girl (whose name I forget) who was recruited to be a part of Samaritan and then used in an attempt to bait Harold into the open later on again, and when she went back to Samaritan she showed clear signs of doubt as if Harold had gotten to her that Samaritan's mission was not the pure and clean goal she believed it to be. It would've been nice to see what had happened to her, though if I recall there's an implication that she would've been killed unless she fully complied.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I've finished Earth X. Is it worth reading Universe X and Paradise X or just call it a day? For what it's worth I didn't really think the story lived it to its potential and was too long and Drawn out to meet an arbitrary issue number.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Reading some Tales from the Dark Multiverse after I read the Scarab and was waiting for Deathbringer and King Shazam Infected stories to download because apparently I hadn't done that yet.

Man Knightfall is fucked up. On to Death of Superman.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
hey do you, or does anyone, know what happened to those first ResetEra admins? folk like Nibel and Zhuge and so on? i don't think any of those first-generation gaming folk are around anymore. i don't know anyone on the staff anymore. maybe MHWilliams knows?
Only thing I know is that Nibel resigned more or less after the uh, Etika thing

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Death of Superman was okay. An interesting premise, but I'm still not clear on what Eradicator says by "too late." Oh well. This is already shaping up to be a way more interesting Dark Justice League than the dark Batmen we got in Metal

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got my Dragon's Crown artbook from IST. Also in the box was Plate Tectonics.

51OHaoYXZ5L._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I haven't started reading it yet, but I love the art and page layouts. They did away with the traditional comic panels.

71hgluBdJ%2BL.jpg
PlateTectonics_OGN_InteriorArt_019_PROMO.jpg

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
lol, DC back on the cancellation train. According to the FB page, Absolute Fables and Superman Byrne omnibus are dead.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

Totally not working on Isley stuff in secret to pitch at a later date. No Sir.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I was gonna say based on this and Fallen Angels I feel like Hill very clearly has a thing. The "melodramatic Asian ninja" is a thing he has.

Outsiders is way goddamned better. My problem with Outsiders is that it feels very shonen anime in that every issue feels too short. Like, it's a cliffhanger, but in the worst way. Like too little happened in it, but not in the way that people give Bendis shit for padding out his issues with lots of stills and meandering dialogue.

I dunno. It feels super anime.

Batman/Superman is great right now

But Flashpoint is the only Flash story don't you know?

I been feeling that lately as well. The fluidity of it all but still maintaining it is nice.

Agreed

It was a great ending. Season was a bit short I agree, but they tied up every loose end and I felt that the closure at the end was perfect. Having Shaw go on to continue the Machine's mission, along with all the other installed cells and agents around the world (of god knows how many) is a pretty perfect ending. John and Harold got beautiful endings along with Root's sacrifice to literally become a part of the Machine, which is basically what she wanted, and Fusco gets his redemption and a "normal" life as a good cop. The only real loose end I can think of off the top of my head was the one girl (whose name I forget) who was recruited to be a part of Samaritan and then used in an attempt to bait Harold into the open later on again, and when she went back to Samaritan she showed clear signs of doubt as if Harold had gotten to her that Samaritan's mission was not the pure and clean goal she believed it to be. It would've been nice to see what had happened to her, though if I recall there's an implication that she would've been killed unless she fully complied.

What I meant was it wasnt the happy ending I wanted. Maybe happy isnt the right word for it, but it just left me wanting more I guess.

The real problem was the show ended lol. I loved the show so much, I didnt want to see it end.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get a Dark Multiverse league for the Crisis. It wouldn't really make much sense for those characters to team up but it would be pretty fun to see.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Crossing my fingers for ComicsUK folk. Get out there and vote!

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've finished Earth X. Is it worth reading Universe X and Paradise X or just call it a day? For what it's worth I didn't really think the story lived it to its potential and was too long and Drawn out to meet an arbitrary issue number.
Never read them myself, although I've thought about it many times. View from the Gutters covered all of them and it seemed like they liked each one less than the previous with their main concern being that Universe X and Paradise X are really only good for mega-fans who will get the various obscure reference whereas Earth X is much more accessible to a wider audience. I know you've been posting in Comics threads for years, so it sounds like they might be up your alley.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
help it's The Game Awards day and i woke up sick.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Hope the new Batman game gets announced, will watch the trailer on Youtube later if it does.

Am I heck watching TGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.