• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins in a fight?

• Knull

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • The Batman Who LMAOs

Votes: 39 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
EKz8Ul_W4AA0902
Bottom middle, is that Corsair?

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Havok, Wolfsbane/Feral?
Rasputin, Nanny, Orphan Maker?
Cable, Sinister
Corsair or Vulcan?

For sure nanny and orphan maker

screen-shot-2019-04-21-at-11.09.25-am.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Some talk about Doomsday Clock ending, and trying to connect everything going on in it and the DCU as a whole:

Scott Snyder was asked about it:
And then from that, we get to the thing that we've been planning since Metal #1, which is the biggest cosmic showdown between everyone and that addresses a lot of the connectivity. What we want to do is do a story where everything matters, where at the end you say, "Oh, the JSA was introduced in Doomsday Clock that way, I get it. Now it's over here, it makes sense why that happened, what the timeline did, why it buckled the way it did, why it's being fixed the way it is." All of that stuff is meant to come together in one, big, singular plan. That's our job. That's what we're trying to do; working on Justice League, our team, and Josh Williamson, as well, we're trying to build you something that says, this is one big immersive narrative.

I havent been reading Doomsday Clock, but apparently Alfred is alive in it? So he was "killed" in King's Batman a few months ago, but hes alive and well in the "near future" in Doomsday Clock lol.

EDIT: Also about bringing in the JSA now, instead of waiting:

Why was now the time to introduce the Justice Society back into the fold?

Snyder:
We wanted to wait until they were properly reintroduced by Doomsday Clock. But spiritually, the reason why I think they make sense now—and why "Doom War," sort of brings them in and it also brings in the Justice League of Justice League One Million, Justice Legion A—We wanted to show in a way that sometimes we look back and say, "Oh the fight against evil was so clear cut. Morality was very black and white back in the JSA's time. They just punch Nazis and that was it." Or in the far future, there's these synthetic brainiac robots and they're very easy to determine that's evil. But the truth is, when you look at the entire span of time, being good or believing in justice, believing that our nature it not cruel and selfish and taking that leap of faith is never easy. There's never a time when that doesn't come with tremendous anxiety and tremendous adversity and pressure.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Guy Gardner what's wrong with your faaaaaaaaaaaaaace

Also I'd didn't realize that Jane's friend in Valkyrie was America's GF for like 2 seconds in Ultimates. Ewing the mad lad.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Rather than Sabretooth that might be Monet

The egg thing is Nanny, so Orphan-Maker is probably on the team.

This is probably going to be the X-Corps book that Carmen Carnero is working on.
Nah, X-Corp got name-dropped in New Mutants as Roberto's new company of some sort. This probably isn't it

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Venditti's (filler?) run is going to be so weird following up Snyder's. I know they need to keep a JL book on the shelves but still.

Speaking of I wonder if we'll get more info about the Crisis this month or if we'll have to wait until January. Since the next solicited Hell Arisen issue will be the last.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The piracy thread in Gaming right now is gross. Nobody is admitting to piracy but everyone they know is doing it and it's normal OP! Get a grip! Dont be a narc, lol, etc.
I tried posting the comics example of books getting cancelled off of 20k sales while youtube recaps have a million views.

....What does this example prove, exactly?

Every time ya'll do this it bugs me lol. Stop trying to shame people out of pirating, it doesn't work and it's never worked. Netflix didn't beat piracy by finger wagging, it just made it easier to pay money for stuff.

"Give us $12 and we'll give you a shitton of content you can watch in HD, no viruses or law problems."

"....Uhhhh. Yeah, sure."

Deleted member 60729

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 20, 2019
I hereby demand that all instances of "legal trouble" be replaced by "law problems". It just sounds more fun.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering where this piracy discussion was coming from so I looked around and found the thread.

I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Reading Young Justice and I'm actually enjoying it? The Bendis dialogue actually kinda fits the tone and style here.

arkon

Nov 6, 2017
you know, i didn't even think of the possibility of a sequel, but it definitely could. i'd love to have a murder mystery franchise.
Yeah. That would be amazing. It's fine if that is the end of it but the prospect of more movies as tightly written as this is exciting. I live for this stuff. Craig's Benoit Blanc has lots of potential.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Craig is just incapable of doing a normal American accent or he just picks these cartoonish roles, like Knives Out or Logan Lucky.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Batman #84
Green Lantern: Blackstars #2
Justice League #37
Young Justice #11

Amazing Spider-Man #35
Daredevil #14

excluding next week, I'll be pulling more DC than Marvel for the foreseeable future

feels weird

Status
Not open for further replies.