• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who wins in a fight?

• Knull

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • The Batman Who LMAOs

Votes: 39 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2019
DEIaYRF.jpg

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
The actual Death of Superman was pretty whatever but Funeral for a Friend is actually really good.

I think after this I'm going to read all of Byrne's Post-Crisis stuff. Didn't realize the infamous Big Barda thing was part of that lol

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Never watched any of the DCEU movies

What are the good ones and what are the ones to avoid

Wonder Woman and Shazam are legit good.

Aquaman is a pure popcorn flick, very entertaining but set your expectations accordingly.

The Snyder ones... I feel like you have to watch them and form your own opinion, but I'd say they lean bad.

Don't bother with Suicide Squad.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Man of Steel is..... okay. That's the highest compliment I can give that movie.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is poop and the extended edition is just more poop.
Suicide Squad is worse than poop.
Wonder Woman is fine.

Can't say anything about Justice League, Aquaman or Shazam because I haven't seen them. But I heard the latter two are okay and the former is garbage.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Suicide: Messy crap
Batman v Superman: Boring crap
Justice League: Crap that's more entertaining
Aquaman: More divisive, but I thought it was entertaining
Wonder Woman: Not bad, though the last third could be better
Shazam: Very fun

I'd say avoid the top three and see the bottom three.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing good has ever been borne from L I E S.
you're afraid of the truth, which is that Man of Steel is the best Superman movie ever, Batman V. Superman is excellent, Suicide Squad is cool, Wonder Woman is good, the Snyder Cut of Justice League is probably very good, Aquaman is fun and Shazam! is kid-movie good

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
you're afraid of the truth, which is that Man of Steel is the best Superman movie ever, Batman V. Superman is excellent, Suicide Squad is cool, Wonder Woman is good, the Snyder Cut of Justice League is probably very good, Aquaman is fun and Shazam! is kid-movie good
I watched Suicide Squad high, and I still thought it was garbage. If even that elated state can't make me like it, it ain't happening.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
Suicide Squad is chopped and screwed by that editing process, but you can see what kind of movie it was gonna be sometimes and it looks boring. Flat, gray, poor dialogue.

I'd love to see the Snyder JL just because it would be more stylistically coherent than the Whedon one. A big problem is that it turned into a completely different movie in the second half, dialogue, color grading, all of it. I'd at least like to see the Snyder take on this.

Aquaman and Shazam are a lot of fun. They remember they're comic book movies and the villains are great. Manta was actually Manta and the Mr. Mind reveal in Shazam was the best comic movie moment of 2019.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017

outside of JL and BvS they're all fine. JL isn't even bad just kind of forgettable and messy more than anything. they aren't as bad as off topic would make you expect. I wouldn't go out of my way for them but they are far from the worst superhero movies you could watch.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
What in the...

You give WW the most middling compliment among it, SS, BvS, JL, and MoS, when it's far better than any of those. And Shazam is much better too. It's not just "kid movie good".

Elnarez, what is wrong with you

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
So did they just screw up Lois/Clark so bad in the Nu52 that they just decided to bring back the post-Crisis version rather than attempt to salvage it?

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
So did they just screw up Lois/Clark so bad in the Nu52 that they just decided to bring back the post-Crisis version rather than attempt to salvage it?
Basically. I think the plan was originally to just end Truth with N52 Superman meeting Pre-FP Superman and after that he'd start transitioning back to a more "normal" status quo. But then DC You imploded and Didio went into panic mode.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
For me there still isnt a live action Superman movie I completely enjoy.

Right now I have the first half of Superman 1. But the second half is very uneven and falls apart. 2 is pretty good, probably the most even of the movies. But the ending in the fortress is confusing

One day I'll get that perfect Superman movie

May 24, 2019
Basically. I think the plan was originally to just end Truth with N52 Superman meeting Pre-FP Superman and after that he'd start transitioning back to a more "normal" status quo. But then DC You imploded and Didio went into panic mode.

Convergence Superman, 'Lois and Clark' and the start of the Rebirth thing was great stuff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.