• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favourite comics publisher?

• Marvel

• DC

• Shonen Jump (best boy Bakugo)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Reading the newest volume of The Devil You Know bums me out that we're probably never gonna get this type of Hellboy stories in movie form.

Or maybe we will when the new trailer gets released and we find out the first trailer was just really poorly edited and wasn't representative of the movie's real tone.

But yeah, this new volume was fucking awesome.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Someone hurry up and vote before the thread gets closed! We cant let DC win, not like this.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
YOU ARE BANISHED FROM THIS THREAD. HOW DARE YOU SULLY OUR HOME WITH THESE LIES
BmUc6KgCcAAyBGC.jpg

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
That's kinda rad. I should pick Silencer back up. Think I only have the first two issues.
Highly recommend it. Silencer is definitely the best new character DC has created in a long time. Plus I'm pretty sure this is the only DC book with a WoC as the star.
The fight scenes when she uses her powers are amazing

Here's an example of her after after going into a lab:

tumblr_pnmwajKFc41sqep2mo2_1280.png

tumblr_pnmwajKFc41sqep2mo4_1280.png

tumblr_pnmwajKFc41sqep2mo5_1280.png

I want Silencer on the next Suicide Squad.
Why do you want her to be cannon fodder for Harley?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Has MHA jumped the shark with

6 quirks? Seems as dumb as when Naruto completely abandoned its initial ideas of the lead character. Maybe it is a trope being set up to be inverted, we'll see.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
She's been back for a while. And you think death matters to an Al Ghul? Hah! Hah, I say!
I know,. I swear I saw something talking about how it was a big deal she was even mentioned in a book recently. Think it was in Bendis's Action Comics, like issue 1006 right before the Leviathan stuff started.

If she is alive and kicking atm, then im glad Batman didnt get married! Now he can marry Talia!

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Flash #65 - Definitely more of a Flash issue than a Batman issue. Liked seeing them go all out with the shouting match... I feel like "we're shitty people" isn't the tack people have wanted for Rebirth though.

Action Comics #1008 - Shit, this is REALLY good comics and Bendis at his best. Even roping in Bones and Waller feels natural here. We've already hit the "covers for Bendis books don't even remotely reflect interiors" stage though after 8 issues.

The Terrifics #13 - I'd really, really like to see Ms. Terrific become a major character going forward but... I'm seeing death flags all over. Like the team getting their own supporting cast though. In general this feels like the buildup to a real "status quo" that Yang can work with. I'm more interested now than I have been for most of Lemire's tenure.

Black Panther #9 - Coates kind of lost me here plot-wise... Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda seems way more episodic than the last two arcs.

Amazing Spider-Man #16 - This is going to be a real fun arc. Kraven at his best here, and Spidey in the mix with all those villains is a recipe for success.

Captain America #8 - Man, Coates made Sharon Carter cool. I didn't think it was possible. Cap in prison is great, and I find it funny how much the Wrecking Crew has been getting fleshed out between this and Black Panther... I'm not quite sure the parallels work here but it's very subverting for a Cap book. This feels like what Spencer was trying to do and ultimately failed at.

Invaders #2 - This book is destined to die within like 10 issues, which is a shame, because even as someone that finds WWII as a setting pretty bland at this point... this is good stuff. The mystery with Xavier is compelling and the deep dive into Namor, as hero and villain, is great. Zdarsky did his homework and it shows. Art is great in both the modern and flashbacks (even if WWII Steve is really, REALLY obviously Clint Eastwood).

Status
Not open for further replies.