• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favourite comics publisher?

• Marvel

• DC

• Shonen Jump (best boy Bakugo)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Also, why is Tom Taylor doing all the marketing for this book lol? If this was Marvel, all these DCEASED teasers would be released every day until the book was finally announced.
DC doesn't really tease books like that. Everything we hear pre-announcement is basically just stuff from the creators and rumors.

I would imagine he's referring to the ongoing layoffs and restructuring among other things.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
All of this for a zombie book?

Really?

Hey, Marvel's Two-In-One is really good lol. Why didnt anyone say anything! Shame Cheung only did 3 issues, he is a great fit for the book.

I havent actually read an X-Men comic since Bendis's All New, aside from the first few issues of Lemire's Extraordinary and X-Men Red. So im itching for a good X-Men story again lol. I LOVED Extermination and I was really hoping that it would set the tone for the X-Men books going forward.

But yea, im dropping Uncanny after issue 12 and just waiting for the trades (if I read them at all)

Age of X Man is already a bomba, calling it, there's no point to the X line. Only to appeal to the boneheads who still think it's 1995.

Again, you killed Blue and Red for this shit? I guess X-Force will fix things but man, this line is already flopping.

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
heyyyy comics community I should check this thread more often!

question!

is anyone excited for the new Spider Man arc Hunted??

I been reading the Spencer run since it started and thinking of dropping it... wondering if it's worth staying on for one more arc...

was gonna drop Jason Aaron Avengers too but think I'll stick thru the end of the Vampire story
anybody?!?!?!

:(

the new Spider Man comes out tomorrow... still debating if it is my last issue, or if there's genuine excitement for the next arc and I should stick around...

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious as to how Rosenberg plans on wrapping up this storyline given how dark things are for the mutants and whether or not it will still be going when other X-men come back in ~August.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
anybody?!?!?!

:(

the new Spider Man comes out tomorrow... still debating if it is my last issue, or if there's genuine excitement for the next arc and I should stick around...
Honestly, I dropped it a couple issues ago and haven't really missed it. There are other books I'm enjoying much more. I think cape books in general just wear thin with me relatively quickly compared to other genres, outside of certain exceptions.

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I dropped it a couple issues ago and haven't really missed it. There are other books I'm enjoying much more. I think cape books in general just wear thin with me relatively quickly compared to other genres, outside of certain exceptions.
what are your exceptions?

the only superhero comic I genuinely like now is Batman. I also like Justice League due to how ridiculous it is lol, like every arc is some high stakes world or universe threatening thing.

ready to drop Avengers and JLDark, but also gonna stick with Fantastic 4 and Daredevil for a bit

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017

the only superhero comic I genuinely like now is Batman. I also like Justice League due to how ridiculous it is lol, like every arc is some high stakes world or universe threatening thing.

ready to drop Avengers and JLDark, but also gonna stick with Fantastic 4 and Daredevil for a bit
Hulk, Martian Manhunter and Shazam are all really good rn if you're interested in checking out other current stuff.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

Ms. Marvel is a book I've continuously bought since Kamala's first issue, except I did drop it for a bit during the arc where she went missing because it was dog shit. The current Snyder run on Justice League has been excellent as well. Also Immortal Hulk. I have high hopes for Ironheart new book, despite it only being two issues in. I was enjoying West Coast Avengers but I think I'm about to bail on that one.

And Kelly Thompson's Jessica Jones has been really REALLY good. Even better than the last Bendis run.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Original story from Marv Wolfman. Got FANTASTIC reviews across the board. I'm really excited to read it.
As someone who is jaded from all the nonstop retellings of Superman's origin, I actually liked it. It was kind of a hybrid of Post Crisis and New 52, even though it was written before the New 52 was conceived as an idea at all.

You're not feeling JLD? Interesting, most people seem to be loving it. And it's always interesting to meet someone who is still openly a fan of Tom King Batman on the Internet, you guys are becoming a rarer sight with each issue.

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
Hulk, Martian Manhunter and Shazam are all really good rn if you're interested in checking out other current stuff.
Ms. Marvel is a book I've continuously bought since Kamala's first issue, except I did drop it for a bit during the arc where she went missing because it was dog shit. The current Snyder run on Justice League has been excellent as well. Also Immortal Hulk. I have high hopes for Ironheart new book, despite it only being two issues in. I was enjoying West Coast Avengers but I think I'm about to bail on that one.

And Kelly Thompson's Jessica Jones has been really REALLY good. Even better than the last Bendis run.
ahhh thanks! definitely gotta add some of these to the bucket list then lol.

I've still never even finished Alias tho... nor read thru the DC You Martian Manhunter that came out a few years ago, which I heard is also great. I have both of them though via either trade or comixology, perhaps I'll dig em up and read them soon.
You're not feeling JLD? Interesting, most people seem to be loving it. And it's always interesting to meet someone who is still openly a fan of Tom King Batman on the Internet, you guys are becoming a rarer sight with each issue.
hmmm well I'm not gonna drop JL Dark actually... I think it's fine. Plus it comes out monthly which doesnt cost me as much as ASM is >_< I do really enjoy the characters, can't go wrong with Zatana Swamp Thing and a monkey, but I wish they put Plastic Man in there coz I really didnt like Terrifics lol, and it'd be great to read something with him again.

I really do like King's Batman... it's so weird and fun! in retrospect I did not care much for the Snyder run...

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
ahhh thanks! definitely gotta add some of these to the bucket list then lol.

I've still never even finished Alias tho... nor read thru the DC You Martian Manhunter that came out a few years ago, which I heard is also great. I have both of them though via either trade or comixology, perhaps I'll dig em up and read them soon.
hmmm well I'm not gonna drop JL Dark actually... I think it's fine. Plus it comes out monthly which doesnt cost me as much as ASM is >_< I do really enjoy the characters, can't go wrong with Zatana Swamp Thing and a monkey, but I wish they put Plastic Man in there coz I really didnt like Terrifics lol, and it'd be great to read something with him again.

I really do like King's Batman... it's so weird and fun! in retrospect I did not care much for the Snyder run...
I couldn't really see Plastic Man working on Justice League Dark, lol. Not exactly a tone-match.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cant believe how good the show Strike Back has gotten. I almost stopped watching after the second season, but theyve really turned things around. Its what I wish 24 could have been in later seasons, just with more TnA lol. Luckily, theyve really cut down on the random stupid sex scenes. Only complaint is that seasons are only 10 episodes :(
It's a great show. The Armitidge season is solid, but the Scott and Stonebridge ones are great. It declined in quality with the new cast, but is still good. You're right that it's much better than 24 ever was.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Caught up to Superman 7 and 8
I do not like teen Jon, de-age him!
The ending of #8 made me go 'Oh shit' though.

As for Action Comics...wait that final panel in #1006....
latest

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Wait, John Allison has another comic at Boom?? Is By Night good? I love John Allison, so I feel like I could buy it on that alone.

Edit: Sara is on Comixology today! Click

Edit2: Is No Road Home off to a good start?

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
That Sara tpb is like 8$ cheaper than what I paid for it lol. Waiting for Dr. Fang to go up.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
This final page of Superman doesn't make any sense. I really need to lower my expectations, I guess.

Also, DC should mandate that if you're gonna use Etrigan, he needs to rhyme. Get a rhyming dictionary and go to town.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Jessica Jones is easily Kelly Thompson's best book right now.

It's disgusting how good that series is.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This year's DC Nation #0-like one-shot

Who is the giant big head on that cover? Is that the person they just freed from the source wall? Forget her name already lol.
(Can't read the article atm)

Makes sense considering the Legion of Doom stuff coming up. But I hope they don't do another Villains month thing.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Hunted is happening next because Spencer is definitely stretching things a bit thin with all the low-stakes, set-things-up-for-later arcs. Though the only one is cut would be the JJJ one, which felt really redundant and unnecessary.

This book is gonna be cancelled in 5 issues, isn't?

Don't know what kind of genius at Marvel decided to tie in the relaunch with Spider-Geddon. It feels like #5 is real first issue but by now it's probably too late. Like here's a character super popular with non-comic readers let's connect it to some trash they don't care about.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Hunted is happening next because Spencer is definitely stretching things a bit thin with all the low-stakes, set-things-up-for-later arcs. Though the only one is cut would be the JJJ one, which felt really redundant and unnecessary.

Don't know what kind of genius at Marvel decided to tie in the relaunch with Spider-Geddon. It feels like #5 is real first issue but by now it's probably too late. Like here's a character super popular with non-comic readers let's connect it to some trash they don't care about.

They did the same to Spider-Woman

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This year's DC Nation #0-like one-shot

Sounds like this is going to lead into a Villain centered on-going. Probably Legion of Doom book, but it might be even bigger than that?

I also really like this bit:
Finally, in this issue long-time collaborators Bendis and Maleev will "kick off a new status quo in DC's dark world of espionage and terrorism" with a story billed as having major ramifications for Superman and his summer. This is, of course, will tie into the Leviathan story arc that started in last month's Action Comics and has been teased by Bendis going back even further.

And Cheung is drawing the Batman Who Laughs portion of the book! I actually quite like this new villain. Yea hes another Joker, but the take is unique enough to stand out, and it says something that event the actual Joker seems to hate him lol.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Faces of Evil never really lead anywhere but I like themed months. But they should do more ambitious ones like back in the 90's. I'd love a return of the Pulp Adventures month. Or even the Ghosts branding. Those were dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.