• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favourite comics publisher?

• Marvel

• DC

• Shonen Jump (best boy Bakugo)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
TBell before Wendy's, but honestly a lot of it comes down to regional preferences. And also the type of fast food joint.

Does Marvel really have a lot of big black heroes? Popularity, not size.

Luke Cage
Black Panther
Storm
Miles
Rhodes

Riri's coming up. Misty and Bishop are there, I guess.

Granted I know you said best and not most popular, but the thought just occurred to me.
Falcon and Blade are notable and there's favorites like Bishop and Spectrum.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Luke Cage
Black Panther
Storm
Miles
Rhodes

Granted I know you said best and not most popular, but the thought just occurred to me.
And Nick Fury (and Jr.) Cloak, Deathlok, Patriot

Also, Bishop's sister Shard lol.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What Flash runs pre-Johns/Waid/etc are a good read?

Literally all of it from the Silver Age through the end of Wally being the sole Flash. The short little run by Johns leading up to Flashpoint was good but not great, Flash Rebirth had some interesting ideas but features garbage tier EVS art. New 52 Flash is great if you need a sleep aid or sedative, but otherwise avoid it like the plague. I've found Williamson's run to be very uneven and wouldn't mind seeing new blood on the book, but I have a feeling he's gonna be on it for 100 issues.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Literally all of it from the Silver Age through the end of Wally being the sole Flash. The short little run by Johns leading up to Flashpoint was good but not great, Flash Rebirth had some interesting ideas but features garbage tier EVS art. New 52 Flash is great if you need a sleep aid or sedative, but otherwise avoid it like the plague. I've found Williamson's run to be very uneven and wouldn't mind seeing new blood on the book, but I have a feeling he's gonna be on it for 100 issues.
How much of the Silver Age is collected these days? Probably gonna need a whole bookshelf for Flash with all the new Book releases of Waid/Johns and my current collection

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

Luke Cage
Black Panther
Storm
Miles
Rhodes

Panther jumped up with Shuri joining in, Miles is 2 and Cage is 3, Riri will get up there.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
No idea why I still read Heroes in Crisis.

Also, must be the easiest gig a comic artist can get.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, wtf is this.

eb5c6edf-e07f-4d25-aa02-e1b32a9a7410.jpg

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Falcon and Blade are notable and there's favorites like Bishop and Spectrum.
Forgot about Blade, but Spectrum? Falcon and Bishop, maybe. I'd say for equal reasons.
And Nick Fury (and Jr.) Cloak, Deathlok, Patriot

Also, Bishop's sister Shard lol.
Popularity, bruh. Nick Fury, I could give you. But Cloak? Even with the show. Deathlok and Patriot are laughable. So is Shard, but you already know that.
Panther jumped up with Shuri joining in, Miles is 2 and Cage is 3, Riri will get up there.
I'd still put Storm up there.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I just... I just need a break from Morrison

This sounds scarred almost lol

TBell before Wendy's, but honestly a lot of it comes down to regional preferences. And also the type of fast food joint.

Luke Cage
Black Panther
Storm
Miles
Rhodes

I think you named most of them, but when I said best I definitely meant "my favorites". So Riri is on that list and it won't just be Marvel heroes either.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Your going to have to get a .CBR or .CBZ reader. Just look in the app store for one. I used android, so im not sure about iOS, but theres a bunch of free ones. I think they also come in .PDF format, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Yea, they do come in .PDF format also, which doesnt require a special app for. Pretty sure iOS already has a pdf reader built in. Just be warned that sometimes the double page spreads dont work great in pdf, and have to be read as two separate pages.
Wow, that's a lot of Spawn.

Anyway, they come in pdf so they will automatically open on iPad.
Ah man a straight PDF reader seems like a lame way to read these, kinda kills the deal

Thanks though!

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
This sounds scarred almost lol
lol no, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. But it's very verbose and, I wouldn't say confusing, but certainly dense, and I just end up kinda tired after reading his books. JLA was definitely his weaker work, even though it was still pretty good and had 2 of the best arcs I've read in recent memory. It's time for a change of pace.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot about Blade, but Spectrum? Falcon and Bishop, maybe. I'd say for equal reasons.

Popularity, bruh. Nick Fury, I could give you. But Cloak? Even with the show. Deathlok and Patriot are laughable. So is Shard, but you already know that.

I'd still put Storm up there.
Spectrum is probably more popular than Misty if we're talking comics.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How much of the Silver Age is collected these days? Probably gonna need a whole bookshelf for Flash with all the new Book releases of Waid/Johns and my current collection

The first ~100 issues have been collected in three omnibi, but there's still another 250 issues to go after that.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I think you named most of them, but when I said best I definitely meant "my favorites". So Riri is on that list and it won't just be Marvel heroes either.
Man now I'm thinking about the big name DC ones

John Stewart
Cyborg
Mr. Terrific
Steel
Black Lightning

Again I'm going for most popular. Like Kid Flash and Natasha Irons aren't there yet. Isn't Connor Hawke supposed to be mixed? Even then. Duke ain't even close to there yet. Same with Luke Fox.

I feel like I'm missing a really big one though and I can't think of them.
Spectrum is probably more popular than Misty if we're talking comics.
Strictly comics? I'd say the same. We go past that? Definitely Misty. But like Sage said, she's changed her codename so many times she may was well just go by Auntie Monica.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Man now I'm thinking about the big name DC ones

John Stewart
Cyborg
Mr. Terrific
Steel
Black Lightning

Again I'm going for most popular. Like Kid Flash and Natasha Irons aren't there yet. Isn't Connor Hawke supposed to be mixed? Even then. Duke ain't even close to there yet. Same with Luke Fox.

I feel like I'm missing a really big one though and I can't think of them.

Strictly comics? I'd say the same. We go past that? Definitely Misty. But like Sage said, she's changed her codename so many times she may was well just go by Auntie Monica.
Static

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Cant believe weve hit over 80 votes in the poll. We must have alot of lurkers or alt accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.