• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favourite comics publisher?

• Marvel

• DC

• Shonen Jump (best boy Bakugo)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Reading Uncanny #11

ngl, I marked out to fuck at this
cef2007d-f5be-4d4e-b20f-d2b35c4f4eac.jpg
afd44d7e-5854-4fb7-a1dd-8f8c6aa70c81.jpg

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone wanna guess Tom Taylor's announcement?

I think it's
Young Avengers or Green Arrow

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why are we spoilering this?

I doubt it's either given that GA is ending and he said his next project is DC.

It's not Nightwing, because Jurgens is hopping on that.

Birds of Prey?
I would be thrilled to see a quality BoP book. The fist volume, until Gail left, was consistently great. Since then it's been varying levels of mediocre to bad.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finally read Marvelous X-Men #1. I dont think this alt universe event is going to be for me lol.

Also read Young Justice #2. Think I finally get what Bendis speak is with that entire Zues conversation.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of newer singles I've barely read any comics since 2019 started. If there's one thing that really sucks about digital it's that after spending work in front a computer my eyes are too tired to want to look at a tablet only a few feet from my face so I've only been reading in the early morning...

The Batman Who Laughs #3
The Flash #64
Red Hood: Outlaw #31
Supergirl #27
Wonder Woman #64

Amazing Spider-Man #15
Captain Marvel #2
Savage Sword of Conan #1
Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider #5
Thor #10 - 3.39

Nothing really exciting but if Captain Marvel #2 doesn't impress I'm dropping it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
William Gibson's Aliens 3 #4

Batman The Man Who Laughs #3
Justice League Dark #8

Age of X-Men Nextgen #1
Dead Man Logan #4!
Shatterstar #5

Looks like that 10 part weekly Avengers: No Road Home starts this week. I hope its good, but I just dont see them being able to re capture what was so good about No Surrender. Plus theres been like zero hype about it lately. Although, Ewing is the lead writer, so it cant be bad.

Last edited:

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I think Marvel has been planning a big vampire event for a bit. Remember Old Man Logan's storyline with Dracula summoning all the vampires, including Jubilee and Vampire By Night? Then Domino had that bit with Morbius. Now Aaron's Avengers...

Hmmmmmm

Also Aaron's Avengers is just great. "Everyone has an Avengers!"

And his Blade is legit just perfect. I would read a Blade book by him.

Last edited:

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
I think I bought the last Doom Patrol Omnibus in stock at BookDepository... I was weighing up what omnibus on my wishlist to get first and I guess I chose right. They're so expensive but they become insanely expensive if I miss out on them at retail because even if they're a decent price used, nobody wants to ship a 2.5kg book to New Zealand for less than like, $50 haha. I'm pretty sad that I missed out on the Animal Man omnibus. Hopefully I can slowly get through the rest of my wishlist in the right order..

I'm buying comics faster than I can read them at the moment but the pressure of stock running out stresses me out a bit! It's a bit dumb but I don't want to miss out.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Jurgens was well liked on his Bat Fam related stuff? No?

Jurgens was good in his time, but I haven't liked most of his modern stuff. Superman: Lois and Clark has probably been the best of it, but I didn't like his Action Comics, Batman Beyond, or when he took over Green Lanterns. He's best used on series that are meant to have that old school feeling to them.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I think I bought the last Doom Patrol Omnibus in stock at BookDepository... I was weighing up what omnibus on my wishlist to get first and I guess I chose right. They're so expensive but they become insanely expensive if I miss out on them at retail because even if they're a decent price used, nobody wants to ship a 2.5kg book to New Zealand for less than like, $50 haha. I'm pretty sad that I missed out on the Animal Man omnibus. Hopefully I can slowly get through the rest of my wishlist in the right order..

I'm buying comics faster than I can read them at the moment but the pressure of stock running out stresses me out a bit! It's a bit dumb but I don't want to miss out.

Yep, I'm in the same situation. I find out about a run that sounds good, and there's always one tpb in the run that's oos/really expensive.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Jurgens was good in his time, but I haven't liked most of his modern stuff. Superman: Lois and Clark has probably been the best of it, but I didn't like his Action Comics, Batman Beyond, or when he took over Green Lanterns. He's best used on series that are meant to have that old school feeling to them.
And old school Nightwing is very modern feeling.

And I at least thought Jurgens was going to be on Nightwing. Or was that more rumors? Because if he's not, then please god give me Taylor.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Went to the store for the first time in a few weeks. Pull list was 140$

They pulled every issue of Justice League Odyssey and Dark
mutumbo.gif

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Amazon says my most recent order (some manga in there!) is scheduled to arrive in July 2018. How do I get it if it already arrived last year and is currently shipping? Good night.
OaTu4iH.png

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
got a new book shelf, just got another one of the small 3 shelf billy's to put next to my other one

I thought I had way more books than I do, barely filled a shelf and a half with all my new DC shit. now I've got to buy even more paper comics to fill it up

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Who do we got here? From the bottom up, it looks like Hulk, Shazam, Batman, maybe Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, then Colossus, Venom, Wolverine, Captain America then Juggernaut, Superman, Spider-man, Flash, Thing, and the Joker. Theres a few I cant tell who they are.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Taylor's still hyping up his new book. Either he's really excited for it or this is a non-Big 2 project that its harder to get attention for. I'd really like a new creator owned book from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.