• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favourite comics publisher?

• Marvel

• DC

• Shonen Jump (best boy Bakugo)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

d7mVSu7.gif

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
wotr3.png

War of the Realms #3 by writer Jason Aaron, artist Russell Dauterman and colorist Matthew Wilson will see Midgard taken over by the invading Malekith's forces, with North America rechristened New Jotunheim: Europe is now New Svartalfheim; Queen Sindr and her fire goblins send Asia up in flame; Ulik the Troll is the new ruler of Australia; Amora the Enchantress calls forth her army of the dead in South America; Heven's Angels invade Africa; and Dario Agger's Roxxon Oil lays claim to Antarctica.

The second act of War of the Realms also gains the new subtitle of "Reclaim the Realms."

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
lol, I guess I've got to give credit to Marvel for the restraint on such a globe-spanning event. I guess CWII and Secret Empire really traumatized them.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I love Jimenez, but after JL #17 I NEED more Jim Cheung issues. I hope he has already started working on the next thing lol.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Went to the store for the first time in a few weeks. Pull list was 140$

They pulled every issue of Justice League Odyssey and Dark
mutumbo.gif

Do all LCS do this, just randomly add series to your list? Mine did it with Michael Cray (I am subbed to Wild Storm) and the new Sandman series (I was subbed to overture). Not a good look, even if they took them off once I asked.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Do all LCS do this, just randomly add series to your list? Mine did it with Michael Cray (I am subbed to Wild Storm) and the new Sandman series (I was subbed to overture). Not a good look, even if they took them off once I asked.
It depends on the shop. When I used to buy physical books, my comic guy had everyone with a pull list subbed to his email newsletter, and if he did stuff like this (customer pulls book X, so he'll pull book Y for them) he'd say so beforehand so you could opt out of you wanted.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
I bought these IDW Transformers Phase 1 collections during the Comixology sale but reading through V1 and now into V2 I feel like the order they were collected in is kind of screwy.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
The show does this fight so much better than the manga tho. Don't watch if you are going to watch the show.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

my shop will occasionally pull stuff for me if it's related to something I'm already pulling. I get ASM so if there's an event that goes beyond that book they'll usually pull the other stuff to see if I want it. stuff like that. you can always just give it back to them.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Manga is better just cause the anime has some annoying backgrounds alone, least the bits I saw season 3. -_- I don't know, it was diving me nuts a bit. Like it is sorta there in the video above, with there being some weird filter going on the rocks, ground, etc.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
It's Jurgens and he's continuing the Ric storyline.
Why? It's so bland. I'm not mad about it. The idea of Nightwing becoming a group and risking becoming corrupted when Nightwing has been a symbol against corruption predominantly. These cops are shady as fuck.

But I don't think that'll happen.
ok weebs

is My Hero Academia worth watchin
I loved it to death and since I was going through a big depression when I watched it it has a special place in my heart. Makes sense since it was studio Bones that worked on it and I haven't disliked anything they've done at this point. Though I will say MHA doesn't let them truly shine like Soul Eater did.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they actually mention that in V1 go reward thing. But it just feels off somehow, I dunno.
I don't mind it so much, but then you get cases like Fraction's Hawkeye where the book comes out in three different trade formats (TPB, OHC, and Omni), and the issue printing order is different in each one.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Read Multiversity! It was fucking crazy and great. I loved it. So much. Pure comic craziness and fun and scale, with really fun one-shots. I got lost for hours in the guidebook, looking at that motherfucking graph and also looking at the opposite earths and all that shit. I don't usually like Jim Lee but his art was perfect for the Nazi Superman story (or maybe it was the coloring). Thunderworld was also absolutely perfect in both writing and art, just fucking gorgeous. The Just was... fun. At least it explained what was going on with the comics across worlds.

But Pax Americana. I get it. It's this riff on Watchmen with the actual characters, and the complete opossite structure. The art is gorgeous. I think it's.... good? I guess. Mostly. I don't get it. It's too smart for me. I looked up stuff online to better understand it and I think now I kinda get it.

I don't get it.

Which brings me to how people usually regard Morrison's books as this uncomprehensible super complex stuff, and like..... no? If they're some of your first DC stuff then, yeah, but if not? JLA is pretty straightforward, and so was All-Star Superman. Doom Patrol and Animal man are weird and wacky and play with the medium but they're not really hard to follow outside one or two issues. Seven Soldiers is just a big puzzle, all the pieces are there and you just gotta join them. It's confusing at first but you slowly come to understand it. Only the Castle Revolving and Anti-Life Equation are pretty hard concepts to understand. Batman is pretty normal too, outside some "I planned for your plan for my plan for your plan for my plan" stuff and a lot of big words in the Black Glove, and also the last issue of Return Of Bruce Wayne, which is really heavy in symbolysm and very few on words. Multiversity is also mostly easy to understand, outside of Pax Americana. The only one I'd say is really fucking confusing is Final Crisis, which requires a very extensive knowledge of DC lore and also deals with some high as fuck concepts, but you'll still enjoy it even if you don't fully get it. The Superman Beyond tie-in was peak confusing and I don't think I understood like 70% of the stuff but I still fucking loved every page.

Or, hey, maybe this was the easy stuff and the ones I haven't read are the ones where he really goes off the rails. I've heard quite some stuff about The Invisibles.
(And I'm not trying to dismiss anyone who finds any of those titles difficult or anything btw, just to be clear)

3 is the best season imo.
3 is the worst imo except for those 2 fights at the middle and end.

Last edited:

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Season 4 is going to be a step down, least the first half if they are doing 24-26 episodes again, as the next major arc is not really that good (even Horikoshi himself wasn't too fond of creating it).

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Oh btw, did that stuff about the Empty Hand and those 7 mysterious universes get resolved later or are we waiting for a Multiversity 2 or what

Status
Not open for further replies.