• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favourite comics publisher?

• Marvel

• DC

• Shonen Jump (best boy Bakugo)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well here are my book cases. they pale in comparison to all yall who shared your pics but hey, gotta start somewhere. yes I mixed DC and Marvel books. on both of them technically since the Oz books were Marvel. consider this a cautionary tale against trade waiting, lest you end up with a bunch of thin ass floppy trades on a shelf where you can barely read what series they're from.

6yjDz9m.jpg

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Well it looks like Kieran Shiach got caught defrauding a bunch of people, inlcuding the artist over his kickstarter comic this past weekend. I'm sure a certain group is having a field day with this.

Why? It's so bland. I'm not mad about it. The idea of Nightwing becoming a group and risking becoming corrupted when Nightwing has been a symbol against corruption predominantly. These cops are shady as fuck.

But I don't think that'll happen.

I loved it to death and since I was going through a big depression when I watched it it has a special place in my heart. Makes sense since it was studio Bones that worked on it and I haven't disliked anything they've done at this point. Though I will say MHA doesn't let them truly shine like Soul Eater did.
I really think Percy dropping off wasn't the initial plan and they just got Lobdell to fill in until they found a replacement(which was supposed to be Esquivel before he got dropped for Jurgen).

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I really think Percy dropping off wasn't the initial plan and they just got Lobdell to fill in until they found a replacement(which was supposed to be Esquivel before he got dropped for Jurgen).
Percy was supposed to be doing a long(like, at least a year)arc but then left to do a novel/book and then the Marvel podcast show got popular and he was hired to write more for that etc

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
well here are my book cases. they pale in comparison to all yall who shared your pics but hey, gotta start somewhere. yes I mixed DC and Marvel books. on both of them technically since the Oz books were Marvel. consider this a cautionary tale against trade waiting, lest you end up with a bunch of thin ass floppy trades on a shelf where you can barely read what series they're from.
Very nice.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Season 4 is going to be a step down, least the first half if they are doing 24-26 episodes again, as the next major arc is not really that good (even Horikoshi himself wasn't too fond of creating it).

Nah. First 12 or 13 episodes will be fire and the season will end on a really high note for Deku if the pacing is correct

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

Awesome! Mixing isn't bad at all. Only important metric is the shelves' packing fraction.

(I see a double dip on Sandman, you wanted both colourings?)

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I can't even recognize you without the Todd Nauck Superboy avatar.

That wasn't even my first avatar, either! But I guess I did have it a while. I'm gonna change a lot for the remainder of BHM though.

Well it looks like Kieran Shiach got caught defrauding a bunch of people, inlcuding the artist over his kickstarter comic this past weekend. I'm sure a certain group is having a field day with this.

Feels like every time I saw Shiach it was with snarky comics, but that still sucks. :/]

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Was Cheung only on the first 2 issues of Marvel 2 in 1?

Also, Newsarama ran an article today about Donny Cates wanting to reboot the Ultimate Universe line for Marvel. He really only replied to someone asking about it, saying he was "so in". But I guess he's talked before about how much he loved Hickman's Ultimates. I would love for them to do it again, without the Millar and Loeb BS.

Speaking of Millar, I guess Netflix is getting ready to start filming a Jupiter's Legacy show lol...

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does this make his tweets, which are usually nonsense, no longer worth posting? If so, I take that as a win for ComicsEra.

Never thought that Wonder Twins would be my most anticipated title in a week, but here we are. Mark Russefl has been consistently good to great, and I'm looking forward to what he does with them.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Was Cheung only on the first 2 issues of Marvel 2 in 1?

Also, Newsarama ran an article today about Donny Cates wanting to reboot the Ultimate Universe line for Marvel. He really only replied to someone asking about it, saying he was "so in". But I guess he's talked before about how much he loved Hickman's Ultimates. I would love for them to do it again, without the Millar and Loeb BS.

Speaking of Millar, I guess Netflix is getting ready to start filming a Jupiter's Legacy show lol...
Cheung did #6 as well.

A bunch of places have been running that Cates story for whatever reason.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

Percy's run wasn't good as is. I'm not exactly upset about him leaving.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the preview! I'm not familiar with the writer、 though. What else was good that he did?
Flintstones was great, but he's also had some good short stories in DC anthologies (Porky Pig + Lex Luthor was very good). He had a fairly good mini-series Judge Dredd story.
Snagglepuss and Prez were also well regarded, but I haven't read those.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Flintstones was great, but he's also had some good short stories in DC anthologies (Porky Pig + Lex Luthor was very good). He had a fairly good mini-series Judge Dredd story.
Snagglepuss and Prez were also well regarded, but I haven't read those.
Prez is good but you can tell they killed it quick in that last issue.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Went to the store for the first time in a few weeks. Pull list was 140$

They pulled every issue of Justice League Odyssey and Dark
mutumbo.gif

Oh shit, haha. Reminds me of when I had a pull list, had to travel for work, then the holidays came..... Went back after two months, the owner was kind of annoyed and told me he was about to put my stuff back on the shelves. $180. I was like damn, I read that many comics?

Nowadays I just download a few single issues each week, maybe a trade a month. Comics and books monopolize my iPad's meager storage.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Son of a bitch I bought Batman: White Knight last week and it's on sale now for over half off.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
JImanez Wonder Woman Omni tomorrow...

Worth snagging or pass and save the cash for the He-Man Omni next week?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got all caught up on Saga.

Jesus. What a cruel fucking story this thing is, issue after issue. What do I read this shit for?!

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a sale on comixology and I was interested in getting Return of the Sinister Six. There's two collections and I need help choosing one.
Which do you recommend?
332725._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg
or
cmx-cu-sash-lg.png|0,0,361,557%20208,404,152,152_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.