• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favourite comics publisher?

• Marvel

• DC

• Shonen Jump (best boy Bakugo)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
JImanez Wonder Woman Omni tomorrow...

Worth snagging or pass and save the cash for the He-Man Omni next week?
I've heard it's a pretty mixed run with great art. I'm definitely getting it. Only $37.50, and I love WW and Jimenez art, so...

But if passing on it means you're more easily able to get the He-Man omni next week, I would do that. I'm sure it's quite a bit better, quality wise.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
mreddie
Is your avatar from the gwenpool comic series?

Same artist, Guruhiru. Actually from Unstoppable Wasp, I believe.

703427._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard it's a pretty mixed run with great art. I'm definitely getting it. Only $37.50, and I love WW and Jimenez art, so...

But if passing on it means you're more easily able to get the He-Man omni next week, I would do that. I'm sure it's quite a bit better, quality wise.

Yea, at that price I suppose I'm in.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Those redesigns for Midnighter and Apollo look great! I really like the early version of Apollo.

Speaking of Wild Storm, my Grandpa bought me the Ellis Stormwatch Vol. 2 tpb from Ollie's last night lol. Can I start with that? Looks like it has the last 3 issues of the first volume, and then the entire second volume.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
About to start reading the Mignolaverse. From what I understand, it goes like this:

1- Hellboy
2- BPRD
3- BPRD Hell On Earth
4- Abe Sapien
5- BPRD The Devil You Know

But, to be safe, I'll ask one last time. I can read all 4 Hellboy omnis + 2 short story collections back to back, right? Would that collect everything hellboy or are there some other smaller stories not collected?
Donniewahlberg tim1138

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
About to start reading the Mignolaverse. From what I understand, it goes like this:

1- Hellboy
2- BPRD
3- BPRD Hell On Earth
4- Abe Sapien

But, to be safe, I'll ask one last time. I can read all 4 Hellboy omnis back to back, right? Would that collect everything hellboy or are there some other smaller stories not collected?
Donniewahlberg tim1138
Yeah, that sounds like a decent reading order. It's not really all that complicated like those reading order images make it out to be.

Oct 25, 2017

1- Hellboy
2- BPRD
3- BPRD Hell On Earth
4- Abe Sapien

But, to be safe, I'll ask one last time. I can read all 4 Hellboy omnis + 2 short story collections back to back, right? Would that collect everything hellboy or are there some other smaller stories not collected?
Donniewahlberg tim1138

Yup, reading them back to back is 100% fine and your reading order there is totally fine too. There's one or two things that are probably too recent to be collected in them, from the winter special maybe or the Krampus one shot, but you'll get 99% of hellboy there.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

1- Hellboy
2- BPRD
3- BPRD Hell On Earth
4- Abe Sapien

Donniewahlberg tim1138

Yep, you are great with that order. If you wanted to be a little more chronological, you could do Hellboy omnis 1-3, short stories 1-2, then omni 4. But honestly you're fine reading vol 1-4, then short stories 1-2 back to back.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, that sounds like a decent reading order. It's not really all that complicated like those reading order images make it out to be.
Yup, reading them back to back is 100% fine and your reading order there is totally fine too. There's one or two things that are probably too recent to be collected in them, from the winter special maybe or the Krampus one shot, but you'll get 99% of hellboy there.
Yep, you are great with that order. If you wanted to be a little more chronological, you could do Hellboy omnis 1-3, short stories 1-2, then omni 4. But honestly you're fine reading vol 1-4, then short stories 1-2 back to back.
Nice, great, starting right now then

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017

1- Hellboy
2- BPRD
3- BPRD Hell On Earth
4- Abe Sapien

Donniewahlberg tim1138
That's all the big stuff yeah. The newer Hellboy omnis collect all the new stuff (Midnight Circus and Silent Sea) to make things even more convenient.

I always say the only thing that really matters is just wait on starting BPRD till you finish Hellboy Conqueror Worm. Everything else you can just read through.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Halfway through the first Hellboy omni.
Seed of Destruction was pretty good, but not really all that special? It was very wordy. The art was spectacular and the concept itself was cool though, even if the story itself felt kinda meaningless. But I was sleepy and I had to stop and go get a coffee halfway through chapter 3 because I was barely awake and I'm sure that has affected my view somehow.
Then the rest isn't written by Byrne and it's already so much better. The Wolves of Saint August was a really fun story. Chained Coffin was great. Can't wait to read more

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

Messi pls. You must buy 500 copies.

1- Hellboy
2- BPRD
3- BPRD Hell On Earth
4- Abe Sapien

Goodness that is a lot of reading.
Tom is the kind of guy who would be put on an elseworlds book of little consequence. As much as I like him.
Whenever anyone brings up Tom Taylor, I can only think of the main character from The Unwritten.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Managerial Accounting was supposed to be easier than financial accounting lol. Jesus I hate accounting.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Managerial Accounting was supposed to be easier than financial accounting lol. Jesus I hate accounting.

Are you going to school for accounting or something else in business? My degree is in finance and marketing, I originally went to school thinking I would do accounting but was instantly turned off after my first year. I enjoyed business school quite a bit for the most part.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Are you going to school for accounting or something else in business? My degree is in finance and marketing, I originally went to school thinking I would do accounting but was instantly turned off after my first year. I enjoyed business school quite a bit for the most part.
Business Admin. I was going for Marketing, but I transferred schools after getting my associates and they don't offer a 4 year Marketing degree at my new school. Accounting is the worst for sure and the teacher makes it even worse lol. She's just so disorganized and tries to fly through parts, then doesn't understand why people are struggling.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I hope someone good takes over when Hill leaves, rather than it dying. I really like the characters, but I guess I should wait for it to even come out.
Oh man, dont remind me lol. I feel the same way, but im really concerned that it will either end up like Justice League Odyssey.

If it was held back because they want to launch it along with a few other books when they do their new "relaunch" then great. But, Im not getting my hopes up yet.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Age of xman alpha 1 or tease the tie ins the book

Story was dull and none of those teased tie ins interested me at all

Status
Not open for further replies.