• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favourite comics publisher?

• Marvel

• DC

• Shonen Jump (best boy Bakugo)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
What are Jeff Lemire's best works?
Black Hammer, Descender, and Green Arrow/Old Man Logan?

Also, read UXM #12 tonight. Thought it started out alot better this issue, then things started to go downhill pretty quickly. Where did all these people get this virus from that were locked up? That didnt happen in a mini or anything did it?

Wonder when Hope Summers makes her appearance. I kinda figured she would be more important considering how Age of X-Man portrays her.
I'd remove Descender and add Moon Knight and Gideon Falls

Also hear great things about Gideon Falls but still dont know what its actually about lol.
Don't worry, those who read it don't know either. There's a conspiracy? And a Black Barn full of horrors that appears in front of people? Some holy war?? A weird machine?? Time???? Travel????????? Who fucking knows

It's very good, though

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Viz's free comic book day issue is made for me lol

222154_1281354_30.jpg

MY HERO ACADEMIA/THE PROMISED NEVERLAND — FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2019
VIZ Media

(W) Kaiu Shirai & Various (A) Kaiu Shirai, Kouhei Horikoshi (CA) Kouhei Horikoshi, Kaiu Shirai

My Hero Academia: What would the world be like if 80 percent of the population manifested superpowers called "Quirks"? Heroes and villains would be battling it out everywhere! Being a hero would mean learning to use your power, but where would you go to study? The Hero Academy of course! But what would you do if you were one of the 20 percent who were born Quirkless?

The Promised Neverland: Life at Grace Field House is good for Emma and her fellow orphans. While the daily studying and exams they have to take are tough, their loving caretaker provides them with delicious food and plenty of playtime. But perhaps not everything is as it seems…
Rating: Teen
They're FCBD issue last year was an MHA chapter.
what am I doing

40208707483_ba3af86477_b.jpg

why am I watching this
Something I did

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Who did it better.

nCHIac1.png

vs

NmrgWho.jpg

I liked his Moon Knight run, like others have mentioned. His Animal Man was great too, except for the middle bit that was pushed into rotworld. Justice League Dark was a bit of a trainwreck. Haven't really enjoyed a lot of his non-Marvel/DC work. Not a fan of Black Hammer. Plutona was alright. Dropped Roughneck a couple of chapters in. Still have Gideon Falls to try.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

Also, read UXM #12 tonight. Thought it started out alot better this issue, then things started to go downhill pretty quickly. Where did all these people get this virus from that were locked up? That didnt happen in a mini or anything did it?

Wonder when Hope Summers makes her appearance. I kinda figured she would be more important considering how Age of X-Man portrays her.

I really liked all his early work, like the first arc in Sweet Tooth.

Oct 25, 2017
I signed up for DC Universe to watch Doom Patrol and some of the older Batman stuff only to realize they had the complete Seeley/King Grayson and Gotham Central runs, both of which had been sitting in my CMX wishlist for a while. I read the first 10 issues of Gotham Central last night and I am absolutely hooked.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
huh, I didnt know Greg Pak was writing Firefly for Boom!. Still not a big fan of the art, but it looks like its gotten better at least.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Watching Deadly Class episode 5. They do some amazing animation in this show. I usually hate acting high/tripping, but they did a decent job with it in this episode also.

That ending! Such a good show. Saya is still my favorite.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Big month for Marvel comics and Batman comics.

Nice to see Farmhand in the top 10 trades

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cates' guardians is great

I don't know if duggan is doing the next cosmic event or not but just give it to cates. give every book to cates while we're at it. he just gets it. every book I've read with him on it he just gets the source material and fucking nails it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
cates' guardians is great

I don't know if duggan is doing the next cosmic event or not but just give it to cates. give every book to cates while we're at it. he just gets it. every book I've read with him on it he just gets the source material and fucking nails it.
death of the inhumans sucked though

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Have any characters gotten as raw a deal as Hawkgirl and Hawkman in DC?

Like so consistently.

Plastic Man is in the conversation, but I'd say he's had it a bit better than they have.
On the plus side all three are in good spots now (Snyder seems to care about Hawkgirl in JL, Hawkman's book has been surprisingly good and Plastic Man has had a mini and is in the Terrifics).

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
False. The conclusion wasn't as satisfying as some of his other series, but it far from sucked. Plus, it opened up the possibility of The Tales of Beta Ray Bill and LockJaw book at some point.
No, death of Inhumans sucked major ass.

It completely fails as an Inhumans book cause it clearly denotes somebody who knows nothing about the characters he's writing.

Cates writes well, but it's clear from day one that He has no fucking clue about any of the characters in that book other than beta Ray, WHO SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN BEEN IN THAT BOOK.

It's up there as one of the most soulless books of last year.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
False. The conclusion wasn't as satisfying as some of his other series, but it far from sucked. Plus, it opened up the possibility of The Tales of Beta Ray Bill and LockJaw book at some point.
the story itself was alright but it completely ignored all previous continuity and the ending was crap

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what needs to be read before death of the inhumans? I've gotten a lot of inhumans stuff with war of kings and now realm of kings, do I need to read anything else?

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I really like the Inhumans, and I didn't have any problem with the characterization in the book. The Beta Ray Bill thing, from a continuity standpoint, is whatever. It's not like we have decades of solo books about each member of Royal Family, so introducing a character that is apparently meaningful to one of them but we weren't aware of isn't ignoring history. It's just adding depth to a character; and awesome depth, at that, because a BRB and LJ book is definitely something I'd be on board for. I don't think, for a second, it lacked soul. I thought large stakes were established early on, and there was a definite anxiety about whether or not everyone would be killed, and who Vox was. I thought Cates nailed Black Bolt, after all the shit he and his people went through. I just feel like the mini would've benefited from a sixth issue. The pace for the entire thing worked really well, and then he just wrapped it up in like three hurried pages. I like the new Inhuman status quo, I like that they're back in space, I like that they're out of the shadow of the X-Men. It's cool if it rubbed you the wrong way, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I don't agree. Like not even in the slightest.

It is tonally deaf, ignores everything that was recently being done, ignores everything even from the long standing Inhumans books.

Like you come off the trifecta of Black Bolt, Royals and Once and Future Kings with Death of the Inhumans.

That shit is insulting.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Death of The Inhumans is to inhumans what Bendis' Run of Moon Knight is to Moon Knight.

It's fine, if you know nothing about the characters involved. It's woeful if you do.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Wait who took the Symbiote in Thors early issues/venom???

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
DOI sucked, it was the first time Cates EDGE backfired and it seemed like a hitjob to bury the Inhumans for the time being.

I know he's recovered but yeah that mini sucked

Also, Usagi joins IDW

Status
Not open for further replies.