• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Legion of Super-Heroes #3 was quite good. I'm reasonably happy with Bendis on this book so far.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Dial H deserves so much better than paperbacks. That book should be collected in an OHC. Or at the very least a hardcover. Joe Quinones draws the shit out of it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Legion of Super-Heroes #3 was quite good. I'm reasonably happy with Bendis on this book so far.
Im hoping #4 will be the issue that makes me come around on the book. I just dont feel like its doing anything special or different, compared to Young Justice. But #4 sounds like its going to be what I was expecting from #1.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
List!

STL133460
STL140067
STL139722
STL145071

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Im hoping #4 will be the issue that makes me come around on the book. I just dont feel like its doing anything special or different, compared to Young Justice. But #4 sounds like its going to be what I was expecting from #1.
Looked up the solicit for #4, and I might just pick it up. Finally, some focus on the new characters

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I sure can't wait to read Gwen Stacy, the book following her adventures before she was impregnated by Norman Osborn.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I think something that would be more interesting than whatever "best" of a decade is and figuring out which is most influential. What had the largest impact on the medium's style and direction. Harder to pin down, I'd say but would go in some interesting conversational directions.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I think something that would be more interesting than whatever "best" of a decade is and figuring out which is most influential. What had the largest impact on the medium's style and direction. Harder to pin down, I'd say but would go in some interesting conversational directions.
Obviously the answer is Batman: White Knight.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

Walking Dead with that TV deal/success. A clear influence in a lot of new comics' writing cadence and tics.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
My god I don't even know what released last decade, I thought transmetropolitan fit the bill

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
We already did one for the year here, so I wanted to test the waters on this one.

If it fails, I'll stay in the community forum from now on.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say Hawkeye. People really downplay how many books wanted to be the next Hawkeye lol.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Comic threads in OT are bad.
What threads in the OT aren't?
I'd say Hawkeye. People really downplay how many books wanted to be the next Hawkeye lol.
Maybe it's a Seinfeld thing where everyone copied their formula so latecomers won't get what's special about it, but I recently read Hawkguy, and I definitely enjoyed it, but I don't quite get why it's so often listed as a transformative work.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
this is the shonen jumps thread

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.