• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
YkV7NKp.png

dclocn7.png

mEhawPn.png

yMpZmhf.png

The Flash #750 By Williamson, Johns, Moreci, Wolfman, Manapul, Snadoval, Marquez, Hitch, Rossmo and more - Beginning: "The Flash Age"! The story we've been building toward since issue #50 comes to a head! While a supercharged Speed Force wreaks havoc on Barry Allen's life, a new threat appears on the horizon in the form of the deadly Paradox. Destined to destroy the Flash's legacy, Paradox sends his herald, Godspeed, to trap the Flash family! Plus, in this special anniversary issue: tales from across the generations of super-speedsters by an all-star lineup of writers and artists!

Batman : Pennyworth RIP #1 By Tynion IV, Tomasi, Barrows, Ferreira and more - Alfred Pennyworth served the Wayne family for decades—even through the tragic loss of Bruce Wayne's parents. His death at the hands of Bane is the only event that could possibly compare to that fateful night in Crime Alley, and it leaves Bruce at a similar crossroads. If Alfred was the glue that held the Bat-Family together, how will Batman deal with that all falling apart? And if the Caped Crusader is to be truly alone, he might either hang that cape up once and for all…or double down and carry on with this vengeful quest forever. Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. #1 celebrates the life of one of the most important people in the history of Gotham City, while also addressing questions about what's next.

Amethyst #1 By Amy Reeder - Following her triumphant reintroduction in the pages of Young Justice, the new Amethyst miniseries follows teenager Amy Winston—a.k.a. Princess Amethyst—as she returns to her magical kingdom to celebrate her 16th birthday in style. The only problem? Her kingdom is missing, her subjects have vanished, and none in the realm of Gemworld—even her best friend, Lady Turquoise—remain loyal to her house! Alone and dejected, Amy's forced to find new allies and confront dark secrets on an all-new quest to the farthest reaches of Gemworld.

DCeased Unkillables #1 By Tom King, Mostert, Scott - The blockbuster DC series returns to answer this question: What did the villains do when the heroes failed and the world ended? Spinning out of the dramatic events of 2019's smash hit, writer Tom Taylor returns to this dark world with a street-level tale of death, heroism and redemption. Led by Red Hood and Deathstroke, DC's hardest villains and antiheroes fight with no mercy to save the only commodity left on a dying planet of the undead—life!

DC Crimes of Passion #1 By Tynion IV, Orlando, Grace, Baruchel, Phillips, Smallwood, Rossmo, Tong, Norton and more - Passion. Betrayal. Murder. When you're a private investigator, these are things you experience daily. But when you add capes to the mix—like Batman, Catwoman, and Harley Quinn? Things get even messier. The name's Slam Bradley, and I'm telling you that this year's Valentine's Day special has more intrigue than you can shake a stick at. Ten tales of love—the kind of love that can push people over the edge. Don't miss it...or I'll make you pay.

The Green Lantern - Season 2 #1 (of 8) By Morrison, Sharp - The team of writer Grant Morrison and artist Liam Sharp continue their bold new take on the Emerald Warrior in a wild 30-page second season opener! In the wake of the Blackstar incursion, Hal Jordan and his fellow Lanterns must pick up the pieces from that cataclysmic conclusion. Among them is Jordan's next critical mission: search for the next generation of cosmic immortals. Is the universe ready for…the Young Guardians?

Harley Quinn and The Birds of Prey #1 By Conner, Palmiotti - The creative team that transformed Harley Quinn forever returns to shake up her world once more—and this time, the gloves are off! Harley Quinn has avoided Gotham City ever since she broke up with The Joker and found a home, and a kind of family, in Coney Island. But when she gets an offer she can't refuse, she has no choice but to slip back into the city as quietly as she can, hoping to be gone before anyone—especially her ex—learns she's been there. But for Harley, "as quietly as she can" is plenty loud…and before she can say "Holee bounty hunters, Batman," The Joker's sicced every super-villain in the city on her pretty ombré head—and the only team tough enough (or crazy enough) to come to her defense is the Birds of Prey!

Leviathan Dawn #1 By Bendis, Maleev - Exploding out of the pages of the Event Leviathan miniseries, this all-new special blasts the DC Universe into a dangerous and brave new future! With Leviathan arrived, its leader's identity revealed, and its plans known, what happens next? Now the heroes fight back! Leviathan changed the rules of the game, so now's the time for the biggest players to get together and figure out a new strategy in this brave new world. It's an extra-sized super-spy yarn from the Eisner Award-winning team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Alex Maleev!

Plunge #1 By Hill, Immonen - In the aftermath of a devastating tsunami, an exploration vessel known as the Derleth begins sending an automated distress signal from a remote atoll in the Bering Strait. The only problem is that the Derleth has been missing for 40 years. Marine biologist Moriah Lamb joins the Carpenter Salvage team to recover the Derleth's dead...only to find that in this remote part of the Arctic Circle the dead have plenty to say to the living...Joe Hill and Stuart Immonen's Plunge into terror begins here!

Superman : Villians #1 By Bendis, Fraction, Rucka, Houser, Hitch, Lieber, Perkins, Pansica - The Man of Steel's greatest villains react to the biggest news to ever rock the DC Universe. Lex Luthor, Mongul, Toyman, The Joker, and more of the world's greatest villains must come to grips with how the world changes now that the truth has been revealed by Superman. Some of comics' most unique and creative voices unite to tell a story that changes all the rules.

Aquaman #57 By DeConnick, Rovha, Henriques - In this issue, Mera and Aquaman welcome their very own Aquababy! In the wake of Black Manta's attack on Amnesty Bay, Aquaman encounters a new crisis when Mera unexpectedly goes into labor…and things don't look good for the queen of Atlantis. Don't miss this historic, emotional issue that kicks off a bold new era for Aquaman!

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy #6 By Houser, Melo, Morales - It's the end of the road for our Gotham City sirens…and the revelation of Poison Ivy's shocking secret will rock you to your core! Will Harley Quinn be able to make the ultimate sacrifice to become the hero she so desperately wants to be? Or will old habits die hard and end Harley and Ivy's friendship forever?

marvelqii7t.png

1rw7snS.png

3KhVeDH.png

Wolverine #1 By Percy, Kubert, Bogdanovic – The Best is Back! Wolverine been through a lot. He's been a loner. He's been a killer. He's been a hero. He's been an Avenger. He's been to hell and back. Now, as the nation of Krakoa brings together all Mutantkind, he can finally be… happy? With his family all together and safe, Wolverine has everything he ever wanted… and everything to lose.

X-Men / Fantastic 4 #1 By Zdarsky, Dodson - KRAKOA. Every mutant on Earth lives there … except for one. But now it's time for FRANKLIN RICHARDS to come home. It's the X-MEN VS. the FANTASTIC FOUR and nothing will ever be the same.

Giant Size X-Men - Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1 By Hickman, Dauterman - The first of five essential X-tales specially designed to showcase some of Marvel's best artists! First up, Russell Dauterman, superstar artist of THOR and WAR OF THE REALMS! When Storm is in danger, it's going to take two of the most powerful telepaths on Earth working together to make things right. Jean Grey and Emma Frost, together again for the good of Krakoa!

Ant Man #1 By Wells, Burnett - Scott Lang is back and doing better than ever! Er, at least according to him, but his daughter, Stinger, and the anthill he's living in say otherwise. Desperate to raise his daughter's opinion of him, Scott takes a job from local beekeepers only to uncover a global conspiracy that could topple the world order! No time to call the Avengers, this sounds like a job for – ANT-MAN?!

Nebula #1 By Ayala, Roe - Nebula has grown under the shadows of Thanos and Gamora, but no longer! With her eyes set on a top-secret device, Nebula has big plans for her future—and she's not about to let anyone get in her way! But her goal may end up costing her more than she's willing to pay after a showdown with one of the cosmos most feared bounty hunters…

Marvel Voices #1 By Ayala, Gay, Stelfreeze, Thorne, Piper, Baker, Narcisse, Method Man, Markman, Brown, Walker, Greene, Scott, Height, Martinez, Bustos, Vecchio - Marvel's acclaimed podcast series focusing on telling the stories of diverse creators and their unique perspectives becomes a one shot of brand new adventures! The X-Men find their place in the world after declaring a new nation! Killmonger strikes! Moon Girl and Devil Dino return!

Gwen Stacy #1 By Gage, Nauck - Gwen and Peter may not have met until AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #31, but that doesn't mean Gwen's life began on that page. Learn the never-before told origin of Gwen Stacy, top of her class, daughter of the Police Captain and, as her friend Harry Osborn calls her, "The Beauty Queen of Standard High." But she's way more that you even know! Gwen's got a science brain, a nose for trouble and a no-quit attitude that always gets her in trouble. In the early Marvel Universe, that's a recipe for disaster. Don't miss Gwen, Captain Stacy, Harry and Norman Osborn, Crimemaster, Wilson Fisk, Jean DeWolff, Yuri Wantanabe and even Spider-Man!

Spider-Verse #5 By Gage, Ferreyra - Miles continues his journey to save the web of life and comes face to face with Spider-Man Noir! But, wait…isn't he dead?!

Black Cat #9 By Mackay, Anka - Felicia has gotten into some trouble in New York. Some may call it "inciting a war" but we aren't here to mince words. What's a girl to do? GO TO MADRIPOOR! That's right, the Black Cat and her crew go to Madripoor to steal the next object on their list. No problem, just another artifact that is in the private collection of someone named… where'd I put that note… oh, here. Someone named "Patch." Uh-oh. Patch is Wolverine. BLACK CAT IS STEALING FROM WOLVERINE?! All this and guest-artist KRIS ANKA (UNCANNY X-MEN, RUNAWAYS) is joining the book for two issues!

Immortal Hulk #31 By Ewing, Bennett - There's a new monster in town. He's cuddly. He's lovable. He's down with the kids. And he's available for your corporate retreat. Yes, there was another Hulk, once - the one who made all those nasty threats to end the world. But who needs him? THE LIVING HULK is here. And he's going to save us all - or your money back.

Fantastic Four : Grimm Noir #1 By Duggan, Garney - Ben Grimm throws on his hat and overcoat to solve a mystery that's come alive right out of his nightmares. What is Dr. Strange's nemesis D'Spayre doing on Yancy Street?

Captain Marvel #15 By Thompson, Garbett - Captain Marvel had 24 hours to kill five Avengers — and she's dangerously close to failing. Carol's plan was always flawed, but as she nears the endgame, those flaws are becoming fatal. As Vox Supreme's true plans for five dead Avengers emerge, it's more important than ever that Carol not fail today.

image7weal.png

RCfMH6M.png

Bitter Root #6 By Greene, Walker, Brown - Loved ones once thought lost forever have returned, though the bliss of this family reunion doesn't last for long. Cullen has changed, and everyone is concerned. But they'll need all the help they can get, as a new threat has arrived on Earth...

Copra #5 By Fiffe - This prelude to "THE OCHIZON SAGA" pits our crew against a destructive quartet of villain-husks who help usher in a cruel dynasty of cosmic proportions. How do you even fight that with a fist, a gun, or malfunctioning armor? End times aren't nigh, they're here; COPRA is swimming in them.

Middlewest #15 By Young, Corona, Beaulieu- While Fox, Jeb, Maggie, Wrench, and the others struggle through increasingly threatening weather, they also seek to grow their ranks. Any assault on the Raider Farms compound will need as many able hands and sharp minds as the Middlewest can muster.

Monstress #26 By Liu, Takeda - In a border city about to be invaded by Federation troops, Maika finally begins to accept who she must become to survive…no matter the cost.

Sex Criminals #27 By Fraction, Zdarsky - Suze and Jon inch closer to the big finish, albeit in very different ways, bringing Suze face-to-face with her future, and Jon—well, read it, it's a whole thing.

Undiscovered Country #4 By Snyder, Soule, Camuncoli, Orlandini, Wilson - All is lost. The world will wither under the Sky pandemic, and the Destiny Man will murder our intrepid explorers before they've made it further into the former US than Nevada. Unless, that is, brilliant journalist Valentina Sandoval can discover one…essential…truth.

banner71jbv.png

0TEeaAZ.png

My Hero Academia Vol 23 By Horikoshi - The final match of the battle training between Class A and Class B continues. Zapped by Shinso's mind control, Midoriya enters a fugue state where he meets one of the former users of One For All. What powerful Quirks have yet to be unlocked? Midoriya will surely need the full potential of One For All someday, but in the meantime, a new enemy-the Meta Liberation Army-begins to make its moves.

Citrus+ Vol 1 By Sabutouta - The hit yuri manga and anime series continues with this new spin-off manga! Follow Yuzu and Mei's relationship past the end of Citrus in this all-new series by creator Saburouta!

Konosuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! Volume 2 By Akatsuki, Mishima - Megumin is the greatest wizard is the history of the Crimson Magic Clan, no matter what anyone says! And she's heading to the big city to prove it! But traveling costs money, so it's time for everyone's
favorite Explosier to get a part-time job! ...Oh, and Yunyun tags along.

YhnAhvs.png

-If you must post a spoilery panel or a page from a manga (recent or otherwise), please link to them with a proper spoiler warning.
-Please at least allow one week before posting unmarked spoilers.
- Use common sense when it comes to older spoilers. Its easy to use a spoiler tag and has the same effect.
-Announcements/Solicitations are not spoiler worthy, no need to tag
- Don't spoiler tag images, it doesn't work on mobile so its not reliable.
-MARK YOUR SPOILERS

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
hey let's sex this new thread up

edit: looks like someone beat me to the sex

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta tell ya'll a secret. In 2020, nothing in comics turns me off like seeing a (of 6) after the title. I see that, I'm immediately out until the trade.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
<Looks at OP>
<Everything was #1 again.>

Also been playing a lot of Riichi Mahjong as I learn, finally getting the hang of it. Can't remember the Japanese names involved at all though. -_-

Finally have some free time this weekend, have a bunch of comics to catch up on.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
My favourite months are the ones where im making the list and the first 12 marvel books are picked as they are #1s lol

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Time to sex up- I mean talk about all the cool and awesome comics in this thread.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Messi i think half of the Marvel covers are missing btw

Good totally not sexed-up thread otherwise

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
What is Marvel Voices? Not the book in Op, the podcast that the book is based on.

Really looking forward to what Marvel is coming out with this year though. If DC cant deliver some new good books, at least Marvel is doubling down.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
What is Marvel Voices? Not the book in Op, the podcast that the book is based on.

Really looking forward to what Marvel is coming out with this year though. If DC cant deliver some new good books, at least Marvel is doubling down.
Marvel's one shot with stories from black writers and artists I think.

May 24, 2019
New thread making me feel like listing a couple days early:
BATMAN #88
DAPHNE BYRNE #2
DARK AGNES #1
DC CRIMES OF PASSION #1
DREAMING #18
IMMORTAL HULK GREAT POWER #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE #40
LOIS LANE #8
THE MAN WHO FUCKED UP TIME #1
MARTIAN MANHUNTER #12
X-MEN FANTASTIC FOUR #1
YOUNG JUSTICE #13

Glad JL is back straight away. I'm very curious where it places it's self in time and space.

May 24, 2019
I like them making new things miniseries then expanding them rather than the old days of cancelling 'ongoings' after a single arc.

I wouldn't even mind the 'season' thing applying to every series.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
New thread making me feel like listing a couple days early:
BATMAN #88
DAPHNE BYRNE #2
DARK AGNES #1
DC CRIMES OF PASSION #1
DREAMING #18
IMMORTAL HULK GREAT POWER #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE #40
LOIS LANE #8
THE MAN WHO FUCKED UP TIME #1
MARTIAN MANHUNTER #12
X-MEN FANTASTIC FOUR #1
YOUNG JUSTICE #13

Glad JL is back straight away. I'm very curious where it places it's self in time and space.
There's theories going around that it takes place either before Snyder's run or during it but before everything goes to shit with the next crossover involving them curbing Perpetua and preventing everything from going to shit.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Very excited for Young Justice next week! It might be the only DC book I even care about atm, other than Far Sector.

There's theories going around that it takes place either before Snyder's run or during it but before everything goes to shit with the next crossover involving them curbing Perpetua and preventing everything from going to shit.
I mean with the way #39 ended I dont see how it could be anything other than that. I for one am not all that interested in the book anymore though.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Very excited for Young Justice next week! It might be the only DC book I even care about atm, other than Far Sector.

I mean with the way #39 ended I dont see how it could be anything other than that. I for one am not all that interested in the book anymore though.
I'm kind of there, too. Unless they announce and release it to where it'll wrap up well before the end of the year, I'm not all that hyped after that ending.

Now Eradicator roping in some Daxamites for a New Krypton? Sign me the fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.