• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Sejic is on twitch right now drawing a piece of art inspired by his storyline Harleen and Isley books....

D7ebNtw.jpg

Man of the people.

Joker pulling Harley, Bramble pulling Ivy.

This feels good given the Harley and Ivy stuff today. He did say that it's leading to this, but it's a long build.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
So he says DC wanted him to keep doing Harleen but he needs Isley to make it work. But there will be two more Harleen arcs the 2nd being the ending. Also Catwoman is probably involved now.

This is if DC approves it all.

He said if he gets the green light on Isley he can start this year.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So he says DC wanted him to keep doing Harleen but he needs Isley to make it work. But there will be two more Harleen arcs the 2nd being the ending. Also Catwoman is probably involved now.

This is if DC approves it all.

He said if he gets the green light on Isley he can start this year.

if? did they not read Harleen?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Got the full Starman by Robinson run in singles on eBay for $45. Very happy with that.

49532685316_e622dff439_b.jpg

Granted, I had the vast majority of it in the standard-size omnis already, but still. Cool to have these.

Edit: Man, looking through some of these issues, and I was reminded how amazing the series started.

This is the first four pages of the series for anybody who hasn't read it:

49532715571_dbd7f5732a_o.png

49532938112_7677ca11f3_o.png

49532938067_fbcb15e70b_o.png

49532938047_0788d5d0db_o.png

Last edited:

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
Got the full Starman by Robinson run in singles on eBay for $45. Very happy with that.

Granted, I had the vast majority of it in the standard-size omnis already, but still. Cool to have these.

Edit: Man, looking through some of these issues, and I was reminded how amazing the series started.

Wtf. I only have omnis 1&2. I didn't even think a complete original run could be a lot cheaper.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How was Justice League International? The original run by Giffen i think.

Whats it about? Its not just DC's Great Lakes Avengers is it lol?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
How was Justice League International? The original run by Giffen i think.

Whats it about? Its not just DC's Great Lakes Avengers is it lol?
It's great if you are okay with team books that don't take themselves super seriously. It actually occasionally has some really good storytelling moments, but it's mostly Seinfeld with superheroes. I loved it personally.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I hadn't seen it that cheap before. I was surprised. Typically it's over $100.
I'm now looking at complete sets of Starman, including the extra issues.

Couple things:
-Amazon destroyed my Sunstone Deluxe #1 in a bubble mailer.
-I received my first Masterworks today. I love this format and quality and wish they would reprint series.
-I also received all 3 Invincible compendiums and I was not prepared for so much book.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm now looking at complete sets of Starman, including the extra issues.

Couple things:
-Amazon destroyed my Sunstone Deluxe #1 in a bubble mailer.
-I received my first Masterworks today. I love this format and quality and wish they would reprint series.
-I also received all 3 Invincible compendiums and I was not prepared for so much book.

Fuck man. I'm sorry about Sunstone.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, sadly Amazon is hoarding all Volume 1's of Sunstone. I can pick up Volume 2 from a number of different sources (IST). Looking forward to it. It's funny...I purchased another item at the same time, hoping they would ship in the same package to avoid the bubble mailer. They shipped in two seperate bubble mailers.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
OK. War Games. In which the "Worlds Greatest Detective" doesn't realize
he's standing next to black mask who has made himself look like Orpheus using "face putty" and is imitating his voice.

there's suspension of disbelief and there's...that

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone's planning to make an IST purchase over the weekend, there will be a 3% off code that goes live Friday at 12:01 AM. The code is GetOnTheLoveOmniBus. It'll expire Sunday, February 16 at 11:59 pm. It does not stack with the 2% loyalty discount.

Again, InStockTrades discount code for 3% off for the weekend! Care of OmniBros Live and The Omnibus Collectors Network.

www.youtube.com

The Omnibus Collectors Network

Visit our sponsor Instocktrades. Where you can save up to 50% off trades, omnibus, hardcovers and more. Free shipping on orders of $50 or more in the U.S htt...

optimus

Banned
Feb 5, 2020
I knew basically nothing going into Mister Miracle and I loved it and had no trouble knowing what was going on. It's really new reader friendly imo. Did you accidentally read Miracleman instead?

You don't though? I mean, I read that only knowing the very basics about scott and the new gods that I got through osmosis and understood what's going on. In fact I think it's better if you go in fresh, Miracle Man's characterisation of the new gods was very off from what I read later (although you can argue it's on purpose). What are you confused about?

If you haven't, try out These Savage Shores. It's a short and great miniseries

Yeah, I meant Mister Miracle. There's all this stuff with Darkseid that seems to be the heart of this stuff, characters dropping in, referencing Darkseid, a dark event. They don't explain it. Ant man drops by and beats the shit out of Mister Miracle for some reason. The art is gorgeous, but I am so confused about what is going on. It seems like to me its something that you really needed to have read the previous comics.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit

ew.com

Exclusive: New 'Batman: The Animated Series' tie-in comic coming to DC in April

'Batman: The Adventure Continues' is co-written by producers Paul Dini and Alan Burnett and illustrated by Ty Templeton.
SICK
I suspect Azzarello wrote something that's bad and terrible, and DC don't want to publish bad and terrible books, so they're trying to rework it, but I mean, the book was about Black Canary's shitty ex-boyfriend, maybe there's nothing there to salvage.
And here I thought it had been cancelled all together because why do a limited prestige series and then a regular series

Because why would I want that bullshit?

Oh boy
Phew, that's not exactly an inspiring collection of writers. Hopefully it means Williamson is finally leaving Flash...
Why would it?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I meant Mister Miracle. There's all this stuff with Darkseid that seems to be the heart of this stuff, characters dropping in, referencing Darkseid, a dark event. They don't explain it. Ant man drops by and beats the shit out of Mister Miracle for some reason. The art is gorgeous, but I am so confused about what is going on. It seems like to me its something that you really needed to have read the previous comics.

There's really nothing you need to have read prior to Mister Miracle. Like Robin said, the characterization was completely different in that book over others.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I think the things you need to know is
1) Darkseid lords over the fourth world in a god like manner
2) The New Gods (the human characters) either support his rule or don't. Those that do don't like Scott
3) Big Barda is Scott's wife

May 24, 2019
It does reward you for reading the old Kirby Fourth World stuff with the narration boxes ripped right out of them, and stuff like Funky Flashman turning from a critical spoof of Stan Lee to a loving one.

For now just give New Gods wiki articles a good read. Find out who Highfather, Orion, Granny Goodness and all them are broadly.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't necessarily mean that, but frankly...it's time.
I've been feeling this for a minute
because I desperately want someone new writing that book and cling to any glimpse of hope I see
Goddamn tim it's not that bad
I'm kind of ready for someone new as well but I'm also still enjoying Willamson's run and don't have anyone in mind as someone I'd like to see take over.
What about Jeff Lemire as his unnamed big two solo ongoing?

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
look I loved Birds of Prey, but I love Emo Harley Quinn even more and James Gunn seems like he's gonna deliver that, and now I'm really hot for The Suicide Squad

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So someone on Twitter said the new Batman's batsymbol is made from the gun that killed his parents and true or not I really think we should just cancel the DC universe now.

Wowo, that seems like an incredible deal man. Great pickup!
Sejic was there for us.

Dang. Harley and Ivy look gorgeous here. Way better than I'm used to from Sejic. Joker and Bramble look like what I expect tho so I dunno what's going on. Maybe it's his teeth.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017

"The legendary lineup of creators contributing their talents to Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular include Geoff Johns, Darryl Banks, Charlotte Fullerton McDuffie, Sina Grace, Mike Grell, Jeff Lemire, Ron Marz, Denny O'Neil, Fernando Pasarin, Ivan Reis, Rafa Sandoval, Mariko Tamaki, Peter J. Tomasi, James Tynion IV, Robert Venditti, and more—all with the goal to keep the galaxy glowing bright!"

No Morrison? 🤔

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
So someone on Twitter said the new Batman's batsymbol is made from the gun that killed his parents and true or not I really think we should just cancel the DC universe now.

Wowo, that seems like an incredible deal man. Great pickup!

Dang. Harley and Ivy look gorgeous here. Way better than I'm used to from Sejic. Joker and Bramble look like what I expect tho so I dunno what's going on. Maybe it's his teeth.

It's because he did most of the work on Harley and Ivy. The rest aren't finished. Harley and Ivy aren't even done lol

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
"The legendary lineup of creators contributing their talents to Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular include Geoff Johns, Darryl Banks, Charlotte Fullerton McDuffie, Sina Grace, Mike Grell, Jeff Lemire, Ron Marz, Denny O'Neil, Fernando Pasarin, Ivan Reis, Rafa Sandoval, Mariko Tamaki, Peter J. Tomasi, James Tynion IV, Robert Venditti, and more—all with the goal to keep the galaxy glowing bright!"

No Morrison? 🤔
Marz and O'Neil? Already better than the flash one

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

No Morrison? 🤔

This is going to be outside of Morrison's work. I think this is better than cramming the monthly book full of secondary stories and charging $10 for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.