• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
"The legendary lineup of creators contributing their talents to Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular include Geoff Johns, Darryl Banks, Charlotte Fullerton McDuffie, Sina Grace, Mike Grell, Jeff Lemire, Ron Marz, Denny O'Neil, Fernando Pasarin, Ivan Reis, Rafa Sandoval, Mariko Tamaki, Peter J. Tomasi, James Tynion IV, Robert Venditti, and more—all with the goal to keep the galaxy glowing bright!"

No Morrison? 🤔
Don't think Morrison does anniversary issues anymore

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Really enjoyed the x-books this week, feels like every book right now is in full gear............... besides fallen angels of course

Anyone else reading the new Zaucer of Zilk? It's caused me to go back and reread the Al Ewing stuff, man does that hold up lmao

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been feeling this for a minute

Goddamn tim it's not that bad

What about Jeff Lemire as his unnamed big two solo ongoing?

look, I just don't like it. 🤷‍♂️

"The legendary lineup of creators contributing their talents to Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular include Geoff Johns, Darryl Banks, Charlotte Fullerton McDuffie, Sina Grace, Mike Grell, Jeff Lemire, Ron Marz, Denny O'Neil, Fernando Pasarin, Ivan Reis, Rafa Sandoval, Mariko Tamaki, Peter J. Tomasi, James Tynion IV, Robert Venditti, and more—all with the goal to keep the galaxy glowing bright!"

No Morrison? 🤔

Dwayne McDuffie's widow is contributing? That's pretty cool!

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
So someone on Twitter said the new Batman's batsymbol is made from the gun that killed his parents and true or not I really think we should just cancel the DC universe now
There was a story about this same thing in Detective #1000. Something about using the thing that killed his parents as a shield right behind the batsymbol to protect him from bullets

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How was Justice League International? The original run by Giffen i think.

Whats it about? Its not just DC's Great Lakes Avengers is it lol?
It's fun as hell. The closest modern comic in tone is probably the West Coast Avengers from a year or two ago. JLI was basically a mix of The Office and superheroics with a major focus on character interactions and humor. The first 40 or so issues along with the first year or so of Justice League Europe are golden.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Couple things:
-Amazon destroyed my Sunstone Deluxe #1 in a bubble mailer.
RIP. That sucks.
In case anyone's planning to make an IST purchase over the weekend, there will be a 3% off code that goes live Friday at 12:01 AM. The code is GetOnTheLoveOmniBus. It'll expire Sunday, February 16 at 11:59 pm. It does not stack with the 2% loyalty discount.

Again, InStockTrades discount code for 3% off for the weekend! Care of OmniBros Live and The Omnibus Collectors Network.

www.youtube.com

The Omnibus Collectors Network

Visit our sponsor Instocktrades. Where you can save up to 50% off trades, omnibus, hardcovers and more. Free shipping on orders of $50 or more in the U.S htt...
I just made a purchase this week. D:

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JjxKMAJ.png

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Kinda feel bad for Kevin Smith getting dunked on by all these comic writers by proxy. I thought Kevin Smith's idea was presented in a not edgy way that sounded good when I read the story.
So someone on Twitter said the new Batman's batsymbol is made from the gun that killed his parents and true or not I really think we should just cancel the DC universe now.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
yoooo

MANHUNTERS: THE SECRET HISTORY #1
written by MARC ANDREYKO
art and cover by RENATO GUEDES
variant cover byJAE LEE
After the revelation of Leviathan's true identity in the pages of Event Leviathan, Kate Spencer—an earlier Manhunter—must go on a quest to uncover just how deep Leviathan's plans go. What Kate didn't expect is a conspiracy that goes back to the very beginnings of DC history! Unearthing the past to save the future, this is Manhunters: The Secret History! Eisner Award-winning writer Marc Andreyko returns to his classic crime-fighter in this hard-hitting miniseries that will reverberate across the DC Universe!
ON SALE 05.13.20
$3.99 US | 1 OF 5 | 32 PAGES

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
DC OHC, Omnibi, and Absolutes -- A good amount in this month's solicits!

ABSOLUTE SWAMP THING BY ALAN MOORE VOL. 2 HC - 10.21.20 - $99.99
ABSOLUTE SWAMP THING BY ALAN MOORE VOL. 1 HC NEW PRINTING - 10.7.20 - $99.99
BATMAN BY GRANT MORRISON OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC - 8.19.20 - $75.00
BATMAN/WONDER WOMAN: THE HIKETEIA DELUXE EDITION HC - 6.03.20 - $29.99
DARK KNIGHT RETURNS: THE GOLDEN CHILD DELUXE EDITION HC - 6.10.20 - $17.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC - 8.26.20 - $125.00
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA BY BRAD MELTZER: THE DELUXE EDITION HC - 6.10.20 - $39.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC NEW EDITION - 8.26.20 - $99.99
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES: FIVE YEARS LATER OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC - 8.21.20 - $150.00
NIGHTWING YEAR ONE DELUXE EDITION HC - 6.24.20 - $29.99
PLASTIC MAN: RUBBER BANDED: THE DELUXE EDITION HC - 6.17.20 - $69.99
THE SANDMAN DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC - 6.17.20 - $49.99

Last edited:

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Came to post that this was resolicited for October 21st.

Since they're resoliciting it alongside the Vol. 1 reprinting, I'm guessing that it was delayed so that they could ensure the binding issues were fixed. That should assuage some folks' worries that DC was getting cold feet on the run in Absolutes.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
May must be a skip month for Far Sector.

Interesting that GL still shows 12 issues and not 8 like Sharp told me

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda feel bad for Kevin Smith getting dunked on by all these comic writers by proxy. I thought Kevin Smith's idea was presented in a not edgy way that sounded good when I read the story.
Yeah, I agree. I can see how people would't like his recent films or comics but he seems like a genuinely good dude who goes out of his way not to shit on things he doesn't like. Because of that people that take a swing at him for this come across a bit like shitty bullys.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
big fan of these covers from this month's solicits. look at that frank quitely!

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzUvNjM4L29yaWdpbmFsL2JhdG1hbnNfZ3JhdmVfXzdfdmFyaWFudF9mcmFua19xdWl0ZWx5LmpwZz8xNTgxNjkyOTg2
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzUvNjk1L29yaWdpbmFsL1JlZEhvb2RfNDZfQ292ZXIuanBnPzE1ODE2OTcwMTE=
MTU4MTY5NzM1OA==
MTU4MTY5NzQ5Ng==

MTU4MTY5NzUwMA==
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzUvNjI0L29yaWdpbmFsL0JhdG1hbi5BZHZlbnR1cmVzLjEuZmxhdC5CLmpwZz8xNTgxNjkyNzkw
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzUvNjQxL29yaWdpbmFsL0V2ZW50TGV2aWF0aGFuX0NoZWNrbWF0ZV8yLmpwZz8xNTgxNjkzMjM5
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzUvNjQ4L29yaWdpbmFsL1NUUkFOR0VfQURWRU5UVVJFUy0wM19DVlItY29sb3JzLmpwZz8xNTgxNjkzNTk5

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow Supergirl is ending already. Maybe Houser will get a real run when they relaunch it.

I kind of doubt it... Houser has been dealt a bad hand too often for me to expect anything good. I think Mother Panic is the only time she got more than a dozen issues on a book - and even that had a relaunch.

Which sucks, she's great.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

No Morrison? 🤔
I mean Morrison will also currently be doing the ongoing when it drops so that's as good as anything.
look, I just don't like it. 🤷‍♂️
It's pretty average.

This is great.

I'm 90% sure Gail has made a joke about pearls lining Batman's codpiece before. This is a weird sense of deja vu
Hey I just found that trade for like, $5. So I bought it. Seemed good.
Wow Supergirl is ending already. Maybe Houser will get a real run when they relaunch it.
Or it'll be cancelled indefinitely like Green Arrow.

Fuck.
big fan of these covers from this month's solicits. look at that frank quitely!

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzUvNjk1L29yaWdpbmFsL1JlZEhvb2RfNDZfQ292ZXIuanBnPzE1ODE2OTcwMTE=
Why is Mr T holding off Trigon?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
DC OHC, Omnibi, and Absolutes -- A good amount in this month's solicits!

ABSOLUTE SWAMP THING BY ALAN MOORE VOL. 2 HC
ABSOLUTE SWAMP THING BY ALAN MOORE VOL. 1 HC NEW PRINTING
BATMAN BY GRANT MORRISON OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC
BATMAN/WONDER WOMAN: THE HIKETEIA DELUXE EDITION HC
DARK KNIGHT RETURNS: THE GOLDEN CHILD DELUXE EDITION HC
JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA BY BRAD MELTZER: THE DELUXE EDITION HC
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC NEW EDITION
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES: FIVE YEARS LATER OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
NIGHTWING YEAR ONE DELUXE EDITION HC
PLASTIC MAN: RUBBER BANDED: THE DELUXE EDITION HC

THE SANDMAN DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC
There's quite a bit I'll be buying there if they release. Absolute Swamp Thing 2, Batman Morrison 3, JLI 2, JL Meltzer Deluxe, LOSH 5YL, and Plastic Man Deluxe (which I'm MOST excited about).

KeithM

Jan 15, 2020
Wow that DC generations slate of writers is...so damn boring
This has been DC's issue for a long time. Even all the way back to the New 52. No matter how hard they pitch "bold new directions," books from Jurgens or Lobdell or Abnett are never going to be that exciting.

Whatever ungodly sum they paid Bendis would have been much better served trying to poach off some of Marvel's younger talent. Folks like Cates or Zdarsky. Or writers who have left the work for hire space like Remender or Brubaker. Or even work to cultivate some of the writers they currently have. They (rightly) get shit for the lack of female creators. Joelle Jones has been great on Catwoman. Give her a bigger book.

This is my biggest concern about 5G. I don't have any inherent issue with the concept, but I don't think they have the stable of creators to make anything that rises above workman-like comics.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
This has been DC's issue for a long time. Even all the way back to the New 52. No matter how hard they pitch "bold new directions," books from Jurgens or Lobdell or Abnett are never going to be that exciting.

Whatever ungodly sum they paid Bendis would have been much better served trying to poach off some of Marvel's younger talent. Folks like Cates or Zdarsky. Or writers who have left the work for hire space like Remender or Brubaker. Or even work to cultivate some of the writers they currently have. They (rightly) get shit for the lack of female creators. Joelle Jones has been great on Catwoman. Give her a bigger book.

This is my biggest concern about 5G. I don't have any inherent issue with the concept, but I don't think they have the stable of creators to make anything that rises above workman-like comics.
I think New 52 had some fresh books. Stuff like Animal Man, Dial H and even Superman were an interesting and relatively novel take on the characters, but yeah overall agreed. DC does a great job with the imprints in recruiting new talent I feel, but the mainline is lagging behind for reasons

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine DC right now if they'd managed to get both Hickman and Cates since both were definitely possible at one point.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
She got fucked over by being forced to address the Infected storyline, and now it's over. I suspect they'll relaunch the book with 5G although whether or not Kara will star in the book, who knows?
Supergirl without Kara? What would that book even be?

It'd be interesting to see who Didio would make Hickman kill.

My money's on Cassandra.
It's always an OG Titan. Which one hasn't he killed yet?

Dick.

It would be Dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.