• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nFlqh6I.gif

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Save me Comic-era, i just had a way too indepth conversation about Dangergirl, Micheal Turner, and Jim Balent. Lets talk about indie comics

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Save me Comic-era, i just had a way too indepth conversation about Dangergirl, Micheal Turner, and Jim Balent. Lets talk about indie comics
the 90s indie comics published by Dark Horse were pretty good. original stories rather than adaptations of the movies was a really smart choice. i really don't know who thought an adaptation of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was a smart idea, nor the kids comics afterward. would love to see some modern mature indiana jones comics in the 2020s, for sure.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Is this live-action or animated?

There's two MOTU shows in production at Netflix, this one "Masters of the Universe: Revelation" which is written by Kevin Smith (okay), anime-inspired (uhhhh....) and serves as a conclusion to the original Filmation series (wha?).

The other one is just called "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe", and is more in the typical Netflix animation mold. Basically if Revelation is something like Castlevania, this is closer to the She-Ra reboot (they are, as far as we know, not tying into each other) or Voltron.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
DC OHC, Omnibi, and Absolutes -- A good amount in this month's solicits!

ABSOLUTE SWAMP THING BY ALAN MOORE VOL. 2 HC
ABSOLUTE SWAMP THING BY ALAN MOORE VOL. 1 HC NEW PRINTING
BATMAN BY GRANT MORRISON OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC
BATMAN/WONDER WOMAN: THE HIKETEIA DELUXE EDITION HC
DARK KNIGHT RETURNS: THE GOLDEN CHILD DELUXE EDITION HC
JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA BY BRAD MELTZER: THE DELUXE EDITION HC
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC NEW EDITION
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES: FIVE YEARS LATER OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
NIGHTWING YEAR ONE DELUXE EDITION HC
PLASTIC MAN: RUBBER BANDED: THE DELUXE EDITION HC

THE SANDMAN DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC

These are for way later in the year right? Like October? That Legion Omni will be mine damnit!

Oh hey they actually got a (new) British dude for this

Im in! Anyone know who that person is in the front? I really like all the designs for these characters, especially that green chick.

Anyone remember Fathom lol

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
These are for way later in the year right? Like October? That Legion Omni will be mine damnit!

Im in! Anyone know who that person is in the front? I really like all the designs for these characters, especially that green chick.

Anyone remember Fathom lol

I thought Fathom was going to be a thing and got all the variants. I loved Top Cow at the time though, so anything Turner had my attention.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
everyone should buy that Plastic Man by Kyle Baker book when it drops. one of my favorite DC runs.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
ze3W9qK.png

˙ʍou ǝsɹǝʌᴉun Ɔp ǝɥʇ lǝɔuɐɔ ʇsnɾ plnoɥs ǝʍ ʞuᴉɥʇ ʎllɐǝɹ I ʇou ɹo ǝnɹʇ puɐ sʇuǝɹɐd sᴉɥ pǝllᴉʞ ʇɐɥʇ unƃ ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ǝpɐɯ sᴉ loqɯʎsʇɐq s,uɐɯʇɐq ʍǝu ǝɥʇ pᴉɐs ɹǝʇʇᴉʍ┴ uo ǝuoǝɯos oS
˙ʎɹoʇs ǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ I uǝɥʍ pooƃ pǝpunos ʇɐɥʇ ʎɐʍ ʎƃpǝ ʇou ɐ uᴉ pǝʇuǝsǝɹd sɐʍ ɐǝpᴉ s,ɥʇᴉɯS uᴉʌǝʞ ʇɥƃnoɥʇ I ˙ʎxoɹd ʎq sɹǝʇᴉɹʍ ɔᴉɯoɔ ǝsǝɥʇ llɐ ʎq uo pǝʞunp ƃuᴉʇʇǝƃ ɥʇᴉɯS uᴉʌǝʞ ɹoɟ pɐq lǝǝɟ ɐpuᴉʞ

May 24, 2019

Things y'all havent mentioned, or been news yet:
GWWilson's Dreaming starts, and it's a miniseries rather than continuing the numbering.
Man-Bat series (written by DAVE WIELGOSZ art by SUMIT KUMAR)
Batman Secret Files issue tying into Tynion's run (written by JAMES TYNION IV, VITA AYALA, MARIKO TAMAKI, DAN WATTERS, and PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON, art by SUMIT KUMAR, ANDIE TONG, RILEY ROSSMO, JOHN PAUL LEON, and VICTOR IBAÑEZ)
SGM's co-written Catwoman takes over the run (remember that redesign he did with the whiskers? This is it)

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Things y'all havent mentioned, or been news yet:
GWWilson's Dreaming starts, and it's a miniseries rather than continuing the numbering.
i'm mostly bitter that they got bill sienkiewicz to do the cover but it turned out so vanilla. :\ let the man create crazy awesomeness!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
i'm mostly bitter that they got bill sienkiewicz to do the cover but it turned out so vanilla. :\ let the man create crazy awesomeness!
I never really liked Sienkiewicz art when it came to interiors. I don't think his style is very conducive to storytelling. Like, if you had him illustrating and Grant Morrison writing, you'd have one completely indecipherable comic.
Aaaaaand Catwoman dropped
Just gimme an HC of Joelle's run.

Status
Not open for further replies.