• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Judd Winnick's doing a short story for the 100 page Robin book thats coming out soon. His got really repetitive after a while but I'd like to see Judd back at DC.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Google their art. It's clearly not Bill.

edit:

thanks for finding that. excited for the actual cover. but "google their art" come on man. sienkiewicz has done plenty of vanilla stuff outside of his iconic stuff.

bill-s-moon-knight-1.png

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
how weird! i clicked on a random link and it took me to an old CBR thread started by Canucked. a canucked from the farrrr past of 2015.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
this is a fun thread between Riley Rossmo and Marv Wolfman about their story in Flash 750

Paradax

Jun 1, 2018
What happened to Catwoman??

Whats he done before? Is he a novel writer, or does he do Marvel UK stuff?

He's a writer/artist working since the 80s. He worked with Grant Morrison and Mark Millar on some obscure book, but he's better known for his creator-owned series. He made Kane, a fantastic hardboiled noir series, and Jack Staff, a fun and inventive series that recycles a rejected pitch for a Union Jack series.

dceab1758db27281fc6998075cb5f785.jpg

Marvel could not have a found a bigger Union Jack fan to write this team series.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
was it as good of a community as here during its heyday?

No. It was actually awfully elitist. Like how we make jokes about OT was actually a serious thing. Posting in a big two thread was scandalous.The collected edition crowd was super into quality discussion. You didn't just get an omnibus. You analyzed it, from binding to content. And you were judged harshly if you accepted glued binding. It's was a big deal.

But it wasn't as bad as the marvel masterworks forum which to this day is painful to post in. And it's dying because of it. I've found collectors Facebook groups and this group much more fun. And people Are more likely to read stuff they enjoy than the perfectly bound collection of specifically curated approved issues of a big two run or indie series.

I actually made one iteration of the collected edition thread on CBR one time and tried to make it fun and I started getting messages like "please post the omnibus opening rules" and "instead of using a waving hello spider-man pic please use something from *insert revered artist here*". The op became monstrous with resource information I had to add. People we're maintaining lists of all kinds and sending them to me. The release list. The oop list. The reading lists. The format lists. I bet if I logged on now I would have angry messages about not updating something or not knowing something.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No. It was actually awfully elitist. Like how we make jokes about OT was actually a serious thing. Posting in a big two thread was scandalous.The collected edition crowd was super into quality discussion. You didn't just get an omnibus. You analyzed it, from binding to content. And you were judged harshly if you accepted glued binding. It's was a big deal.

But it wasn't as bad as the marvel masterworks forum which to this day is painful to post in. And it's dying because of it. I've found collectors Facebook groups and this group much more fun. And people Are more likely to read stuff they enjoy than the perfectly bound collection of specifically curated approved issues of a big two run or indie series.

I actually made one iteration of the collected edition thread on CBR one time and tried to make it fun and I started getting messages like "please post the omnibus opening rules" and "instead of using a waving hello spider-man pic please use something from *insert revered artist here*". The op became monstrous with resource information I had to add. People we're maintaining lists of all kinds and sending them to me. The release list. The oop list. The reading lists. The format lists. I bet if I logged on now I would have angry messages about not updating something or not knowing something.
that's the thread i found! the marvel collections thread. it's over 1000 pages long now and still in use. someone posted about it on facebook asking whether the OOP list was still being updated.

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
that's the thread i found! the marvel collections thread. it's over 1000 pages long now and still in use. someone posted about it on facebook asking whether the OOP list was still being updated.

Ew. Gross. It like looking at your high school yearbook.

I wonder if it's even moderated now. I doubt anyone is updating my posts. My shelves looked a mess though.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Mark One/Synth Tony Stark abandoning his friends and girlfriend so he can start a war against his demented brother was cold.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Bring back Vampire Jubilee

I bought one page from DC Bombshells as it came out... And it was this one. She only did 4-5 pages physically and I was shocked she sold it to me. Never selling that one 😂

Last edited:

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
this is a fun thread between Riley Rossmo and Marv Wolfman about their story in Flash 750

It's always fun to see what small things writers and artists enjoyed that caused them to do a story. Like the major stuff is cool, but it feels fake sometimes. Little stuff like this feels genuine.
"please post the omnibus opening rules" and "instead of using a waving hello spider-man pic please use something from *insert revered artist here*".
These are insane and the first needs to be elaborated on RIGHT NOW.

Please and thank you

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

What a trash ass move by DC. Especially given how the mini ended and how upset people are.

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Better or worse than Messi's shelves.

(Hopefully Messi is already asleep in the land of Brexit and doesn't see this.)

Messi runs a great thread and I can't judge his broken shelves without confronting myself.

It's always fun to see what small things writers and artists enjoyed that caused them to do a story. Like the major stuff is cool, but it feels fake sometimes. Little stuff like this feels genuine.

These are insane and the first needs to be elaborated on RIGHT NOW.

Please and thank you

there was a visual guide made on how to relax a big book binding so that you can read it without damaging the spine. It's actually handy for collectors but super funny how seriously some people take it. There are people who examined paper weight and ink use. It can be interesting but also a little crazy. There were people who debated the best material to use hold the page block up while on a shelf.
The only advice I give people is to not to stack books horizontally.

May 24, 2019
I remember there was a comic years and years ago with Harley about to be electrocuted in a tub which people took way too seriously.

Edit: Though I'm guessing this is about her representing singles.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy

Harley and Ivy aren't together in DC's eyes despite it being in multiple books. There are two Ivy's since HIC. It fuckin sucks. On top of that Harleys love interest in her next few issues is Booster Gold. It makes no sense. This tweet feels like twisting the knife in a bad week for fans.

If I ask a question and Messi says not to worry about it, it must mean he's overreacting.

It means I posted about it earlier and you didn't do the bare minimum to see what the problem is. Even looking at the tweet replies would tell you. I'm not here to walk you through why everything makes me react certain ways. It's disingenuous and you do it regularly.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It means I posted about it earlier and you didn't do the bare minimum to see what the problem is. Even looking at the tweet replies would tell you. I'm not here to walk you through why everything makes me react certain ways. It's disingenuous and you do it regularly.
I was asking a question. I don't read comments on every single embedded tweet.

You keep making these assumptions about my motivations that are completely fucking off base and I'm tired of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.