• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
wait, ivy and harley aren't canon? wtf
I mean. It seems canon enough that they made a statue out of it.

harley-quinn-poison-ivy_dc-comics_silo.png

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I did warn you about how y'all were gonna hate the ending and meanwhile I fucking love it, but I live for that DRAMA.

It's the Bat-wedding thing all over again. You didn't get your big time makeout and fireworks scene and now you're cranky. I get it, but, at the same time, I think this is just another misadventure on the way to what everyone, you, me, Jody Houser and Dan Didio know to be the ultimate truth, which is that Harley and Ivy love each other very very much. It's just that for now, Ivy has to confront the bad parts of herself made manifest through an extra-powerful fertilizer given to her by Lex Luthor empowered by an extra-multiversal entity and fused with Martian DNA, as you do. It's a process.

The series ends with Harley looking at the empty seat where Ivy used to be and yearning. It's not the end of the relationship by a mile. It's just Tragedy.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does one get into Jack Staff? It doesn't seem there's any collections.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Sejic will get to put Harley and Ivy together for real by the end of Harleen... And they will allow that as its it's own universe, much like them being an actual couple in bombshells. But the main universe... Nah. Stop kidding yourselfs, we have been through this bait and switch multiple times and they hang it out there to sell copies because they know how desperate the fans of them are. Hell they released a Harley and Ivy valentines statue this week... Someone didn't get the memo... Or they did and the memo was milk the fans again.

They can miss me with their bullshit.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So I am finally getting around to watching the CW Crisis and omg
they got Ashley Scott for a Huntress cameo

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea that The Terrifics #25 was a choose your own adventure style book.

Isnt Dan Mora working on some new book thats coming out soon? I swear ive seen that name attached to a new book coming out. The art is the issue looks great.

LOVE that cover too.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea that The Terrifics #25 was a choose your own adventure style book.

Isnt Dan Mora working on some new book thats coming out soon? I swear ive seen that name attached to a new book coming out. The art is the issue looks great.

I would assume he is going to be working on Once & Future (which is really good) for the next while since it was bumped up to an ongoing.

He did a cover for that Batman: The Adventures Continue series:

He's also still doing Power Rangers stuff, like new art for Heroes of the Grid (the board game) as new material comes out, and the covers for MMPR/TMNT.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I would assume he is going to be working on Once & Future (which is really good) for the next while since it was bumped up to an ongoing.

He did a cover for that Batman: The Adventures Continue series:

Oh shit it was!!!? I still havent read the last issue, but I loved everything up to it. Would make a great show too lol.

But man his art is getting so good. Someone needs to sign him asap.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Sejic will get to put Harley and Ivy together for real by the end of Harleen... And they will allow that as its it's own universe, much like them being an actual couple in bombshells. But the main universe... Nah. Stop kidding yourselfs, we have been through this bait and switch multiple times and they hang it out there to sell copies because they know how desperate the fans of them are. Hell they released a Harley and Ivy valentines statue this week... Someone didn't get the memo... Or they did and the memo was milk the fans again.

They can miss me with their bullshit.

pairing her with booster of all people is like an extra slap.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DC could be run by Magdalene Visaggio and Harley and Ivy still wouldn't be together.

These characters are designed to go on indefinitely and the machine that runs the company and fuels itself on angry fans computed that there's more to mine from the Will They Won't They of these two before maybe caving years down the line then eventually rescinding it and starting the whole thing over.

You're not going to get endings in cape comics.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I always see Harley and Ivy as too independent (and in Ivy's case, morally conflicted) to actually settle down, but then again I don't read enough stuff with either of them in it so I can't make those judgements.

I did warn you about how y'all were gonna hate the ending and meanwhile I fucking love it, but I live for that DRAMA.

It's the Bat-wedding thing all over again. You didn't get your big time makeout and fireworks scene and now you're cranky. I get it, but, at the same time, I think this is just another misadventure on the way to what everyone, you, me, Jody Houser and Dan Didio know to be the ultimate truth, which is that Harley and Ivy love each other very very much. It's just that for now, Ivy has to confront the bad parts of herself made manifest through an extra-powerful fertilizer given to her by Lex Luthor empowered by an extra-multiversal entity and fused with Martian DNA, as you do. It's a process.

The series ends with Harley looking at the empty seat where Ivy used to be and yearning. It's not the end of the relationship by a mile. It's just Tragedy.
"As you do, it's a process." is my new favorite way of describing wacky character arcs.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway somebody hit me with your favourite indie superhero comic if you have one. So far I've got Faith Erin Hicks' Adventures of Superhero Girl on my list.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
"As you do, it's a process." is my new favorite way of describing wacky character arcs.

You know, sometimes you get a phone call from a friend, sometimes a friend uses their levitating airship to break you out of prison when you've been framed for an incident that's killed a dozen people so Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman waste their time chasing you, while the actual perpetrator, himself wracked with loneliness and guilt, engineers his own suicide via time loop.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway somebody hit me with your favourite indie superhero comic if you have one. So far I've got Faith Erin Hicks' Adventures of Superhero Girl on my list.

Not a super-favourite (and mayne not really indie), but I read a couple of Lions Forge series which were not bad - Astonisher, Summit, Quincredible.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

But which Bat-wedding?!?! Batman or Batwoman? DC does this all the fucking time. They can't help themselves.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually if I'm looking for creator owned superhero work I should probably start and finish with Astro City huh?

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017

It's surprisingly hard to think of ones I like that don't have deconstruction as at least part of it.

There's also a lot of stuff I like that's closer to pulp hero but hits a lot of the same beats. Atomic Robo is online for free, for instance. There's been many Dynamite takes on stuff I've liked over the years like the Kevin Smith's Green Hornet series (it's a really good spin on the standard story) and there's been a couple of really good Lone Ranger (he counts IMO) stories. I remember loving the very first series they did, that had John Cassaday covers.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Irredeemable is awesome, one of my favourite series of all time. It's still amazing to me that the guy who wrote Kingdom Come also wrote that. I actually think that's part of why it works so well.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used to read Irredeemable. I'm not a fan of "what if Evil Superman" but I guess an ersatz version doesn't run into the same problems.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

That's actually pretty interesting.
there was a visual guide made on how to relax a big book binding so that you can read it without damaging the spine. It's actually handy for collectors but super funny how seriously some people take it. There are people who examined paper weight and ink use. It can be interesting but also a little crazy. There were people who debated the best material to use hold the page block up while on a shelf.
The only advice I give people is to not to stack books horizontally.
Huh. Some of that isn't so insane
Translucid
Secret Identities

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone read any of the DC Ink or DC Zoom books? I'm curious which, if any, are worth picking up. I saw that Dustin Nguyen, who did the adorable Lil' Gotham books was the artist on one that came out recently called Once Upon a Crime.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Got my copy of Bone in today. Looks really nice, though I'm a little confused why it's $150. Reasonably well put together book, but if anybody were to ask me to examine this book and guess the price, I would have said $100 at most.

Still, excited to have it!

49536125678_c6ed5c3786_b.jpg

49536621676_2766e3d710_b.jpg

49536621611_36f3f5d86a_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.