I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
3Im3wxG.png

UnTAb6f.png

CUboNpo.png

M3epeiP.png

xABa0Yw.png

toVUJa6.png

Superman #1By Williamson, Campbell - Superman has returned to Metropolis and his greatest enemy Lex Luthor is finally behind bars. The future of the Superman family has never been brighter! As Clark Kent settles back into his life, iconic and new enemies erupt from the shadows to strike down the Man of Steel! But waiting in the wings to back up Big Blue is…Supercorp?! What secret project has Lex given to Superman?! "A hero is only as good as their villains" will be put to the test in this brand-new oversize #1 featuring comics' greatest superhero by DC Comics architect Joshua Williamson and award-winning superstar artist Jamal Campbell!

Lazarus Planet : Next Gen #1 By Various - Good and bad, yin and yang…all sides of humanity will be transformed by the Lazarus event…and in the DC Universe one thing's for sure: heroes will always rise. In this special we'll explore some of the amazing new powers gifted to the freedom fighters of the future…and we'll see what perils these villain-vanquishing virtuosos will face. What secret does Flatline seek from the heart of Talia al Ghul's HQ? Can Red Canary bring order to an out-of-control city? What secret does the heroic Dead Eye hold that will haunt him forever? And enter into a brand-new legend with the fantastic debut of Vigil!

Lazarus Planet : Omega #1 By Waid, Lang, Federici - The Devil Nezha and his son are at war—with all of humanity caught in the middle! The Lazarus storms are intensifying worldwide, Earth's superheroes are on the ropes, and Batman is living on borrowed time. It's up to Zatanna, the Spectre, the Demon, Klarion, and the rest of the DCU's magic users to join Damian Wayne and set things right—but to do that, they'll have to uncover Nezha's final, explosive secret! Plus: Dreamer has rescued Doctor Fate's helmet from destruction…but why does it keep glowing like that? The Dawn of the DCU begins as the Lazarus Planet saga crashes to a close!

Batman : One Bad Day - Clayface #1 By Kelly, Lanzing, Xermanico - All Basil Karlo ever wanted to be was an actor…no…one of the greatest actors there's ever been. However, his life went off course when he became the shape-shifting monster known as Clayface. After years of doing battle with Batman in Gotham City and distancing himself from his dream, Clayface goes out west to Los Angeles. Creating a new identity, he pursues his dream of acting only to find that Gotham City isn't the only place with an overwhelming sense of dread to it, and that he might not have what it takes to make it in the City of Angels. So he'll reshape the city to fit his needs in a deadly pursuit of stardom.

Poison Ivy #9 By G Willow, Takara - IT'S THE ISSUE YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR! That's right! Ya girl Harley Quinn—doctor, fashionista, heroic criminal, criminally insane clown, and Poison Ivy's girlfriend—has arrived on the West Coast to spend some quality time with her number-one squeeze! What sort of wildly lascivious and lavishly ludicrous madcap mayhem will the DCU's favorite couple get up to? Featuring the return of series artist Marcio Takara and an assortment of utterly mouth watering variant covers by some of the most delectable artists around, from iconic Harley Quinn artist Terry Dodson to incoming Harley Quinn artist Sweeney Boo, as well as Dan Mora, Rian Gonzales, and Mindy Lee! You won't want to miss a single bit of it—we guarantee it!

Detective Comics #1069 By V, Reis - Batman investigates the frozen Azmer that Mr. Freeze gave him, and makes a huge discovery about the ancient demons. Meanwhile, Azmer begin to pour into Gotham's streets, controlling helpless people and those poor souls the city cares not for…all to do the Orghams' bidding. Then, in the backup story, what kind of deal have the Orghams struck with Mr. Freeze, and is he also controlled by an Azmer?

Static : Shadows of Dakota #1 By Draper-Ivey, Ayala - Static is back! Though Virgil and his friends might have been able to stop the government's off-the-books prison operations in Dakota, a powerful new threat lurks in the shadows. The mysterious Ebon is cutting a bloody swath through the underworld on a single-minded quest to find his brother. Against this backdrop of exploding violence, innocent people are finding themselves in the crossfire. The breakout creative team of Nikolas Draper-Ivey and Vita Ayala have returned to make Static's life, and Dakota City, very complicated indeed—you've never felt shocks like these!

Batgirls #15 By Cloonan, Conrad, Googe - There's nothing like some father-daughter bonding! Unless you're Stephanie Brown, and you thought your father was dead…until he kidnapped you! At least your BFF Cassandra Cain's determined to find you. It's a deadly adventure for Cass, but nothing can stop her from risking it all to save Steph—unless it's death itself…

Batman/Superman : World's Finest #12 By Waid, Luppacchino - The secret behind the Supergirl-Robin feud, revealed! On a day not too long ago, a meeting between the Boy Wonder and the Girl of Steel began sweetly, became awkward, and ended so catastrophically, horrifically, jaw-droppingly, car-crashingly disastrously that, among the Superman and Batman families, it is now enshrined as the world's finest example of How Not to Team Up!

Danger Street #3 By King, Fornes - The repercussions of Atlas the Great's death play out worlds away as two old enemies become allies in the fight to save the Multiverse. Meanwhile, Lady Cop continues her search for Good Looks' killer, the disgraced hero Starman. Little does she know, the fugitive is on his way to the City of Angels to make a deal with the devil. Will his sacrifice be enough to set things right?

Harley Quinn #27 By Philips, Lolli - This is it, folks...we have to drop the Multiversal counterbalance serum at the center of the photon disruption before the imminent collapse of the entire Multiverse...JUST KIDDING. But could you imagine if that was how this story ended? Noooo thanks. We're gonna save the world the ol- fashioned way—with a large undead zombie, 50-80 Harleys from other universes, Kevin, and POISON IVY!

Punchline : The Gotham Game #5 By Howard, Howard, Big Gleb - THE BATTLE FOR PORT ROYAL! As Bluebird and Nightwing desperately search for brother, Cullen, Punchline's expansion of the Royal Flush Gang takes a terrifying technological turn. The nanotech experiments she's been conducting with 1-0 will allow her to create an army of A.C.E. robots, and nothing beats a hand full of A.C.E.s...Nightwing and Bluebird are in for a world of hurt.

Superman : Space Age #3 By The Allreds - The end is nigh! As red skies reign, Superman does what he can to make the world a better place for as long as it continues to exist. But money is power in the greed-driven decade of the '80s, and villains like Lex Luthor seem poised to win in the end. Little do they know, there are bigger things to worry about and the hero they've grown to hate is their only hope against this crisis! Don't miss the thrilling finale of this soon-to-be classic miniseries!

Human Target #12 By King, Smallwood - Christopher Chance has spent the last 12 days trying to solve his own murder, with the list of suspects comprising the Justice League International. Did a hero really attempt to kill Lex Luthor? Could the Human Target have miscalculated? Is it too late to save his life?!

Tim Drake : Robin #6 By Fitzmartin, Ortiz - The final showdown! Tim Drake comes face-to-voice with the villain who's been taunting Tim by using his metahuman powers to create ghostly animals. When this Moriarty's identity is revealed, all hell breaks loose in the marina. Can Tim keep things afloat, while simultaneously dealing with his relationship with Bernard?

e6DOyx0.png

bArKgOR.png

pl0af5W.png

Immoral X-Men #1 By Gillen, Medina - They said the mutants were humanity's future. It's 10 years later and they were proven to be right. The X-Men exist in a world that adores and respects them…so why are they sworn to crush it?! But while they do, Emma can take a few minutes out to crush Mister Sinister.

Storm & the Brotherhood of Mutants #1 By Ewing, Medina - Ten years from now, Mars has been destroyed – and now STORM wants revenge! To get it, the New Brotherhood will battle their way through Hell to seek the greatest secret of the Sinister Age…but are they fighting to save the world – or end it? And who is the man called IRONFIRE?

Nightcrawlers #1 By Spurrier, Medina - Ten years into a twisted future, MR SINISTER unleashes his private army of assassins: THE LEGION OF THE NIGHT. Meet WAGNERINE, commanding this killer crew of brainwashed hybrids, each one a genetic mix of NIGHTCRAWLER and another one of Marvel's most murderous mutants! Mysterious forces seek to break Sinister's control over these fatal fanatics - to turn them AGAINST HIM. But who are they? And what are their true motives...? Enter MOTHER RIGHTEOUS... and a meeting of the most powerful players in the Universe...

Bloodline : Daughter of Blade #1 By Lore, Darboe - Brielle Brooks is a good kid, no matter what her teachers say – it's not her fault she's developing vampiric super-powers and the undead want to brawl! And as if problems at school aren't enough, Bri's got a wild ride ahead of her – she's about to discover that she's the daughter of the infamous vampire hunter and Daywalker known as BLADE!

Betsy Braddock : Captain Britain #1 Howard, Georgiev - THE CAPTAIN COMES HOME! and she's got a whole new mission! With Otherworld settled, Braddock Manor restored, and her brother Captain Avalon at her side, you'd think things look pretty good for Betsy Braddock. Only it turns out, good ole Britain doesn't want her back. No one wants a mutant menace carrying the shield of Captain Britain, and Betsy's made more than a few enemies along her way. Quest-less and country-less, Betsy must define a role for herself. A fresh take on a beloved character, don't miss the latest Tini Howard extravaganza and fan-favorite artist Vasco Georgiev's Marvel debut!

Demon Wars : Down in Flames #1 By Peach Momoko - Things are heating up in Momoko's Marvel Universe! The spirit world is divided. Its inhabitants, strange creatures called yokai, have chosen sides, and the two factions are on the brink of all-out war. A bird-like yokai who wields some serious firepower faces off against a club-wielding demon. Mariko Yashida finds herself right in the middle of it.No matter which side she chooses, there will be consequences not only for the spirit world, but for the human world too. Don't miss the next installment of Peach Momoko's epic DEMON WARS saga!

Silver Surfer : Ghost Light #1 By Jennings, De Landro - Toni Brooks and her family have moved into the quiet town of Sweetwater. But nothing is quite what it seems in their new home. What mystery did Toni and her family unravel that would call upon the Sentinel of the Spaceways – the Silver Surfer?! And just who, or what, is GHOST LIGHT?

Doctor Strange : Fall Sunrise #4 By Tradd Moore - Doctor Strange enters the cursed castle of Moriah Mensa to challenge a superlunary power and complete an impossible task. As the sun sets, a voice echoes, "There are no good places to die."

Wasp #2 By Ewing, Nie - When Whirlwind fails to identify the person who forced the attack on the Wasps, Janet and Nadia Van Dyne must combine their skills to locate their new foe. But something about this case seems unnervingly familiar to Jan – can she figure out what it is in time to save their lives?

Amazing Spider-Man #19 BY Kelly, Dodson - Dark Web is over, but the effects will shake Spider-Man for a long time. To recover, Peter Parker and Felicia Hardy, A.K.A. the Black Cat, escape from the city to an exclusive spa in the Catskills. Surely, trouble won't follow our Web-Head and ruin his romantic getaway… Join superstar guest creative team Joe Kelly and Terry Dodson for this special two-parter where Spidey and Black Cat take their next step and no one tries to kill them…yet.

She Hulk #10 By Rowell, Maresca - After the most intense issue in She-Hulk history, it's time for the fallout. She-Hulk has experienced more trauma than most… Is this the straw, and is she the camel?

Daredevil #8 By Zdarsky, Checchetto - At last…WAR!

N1i2dml.png

2KgDUGQ.png

Saga #62 By Vaughan, Staples - While Hazel and her family fight for scraps to survive the rich and powerful make their move.

I Hate Fairyland #4 By Young, Bean - Gert continues her journey through the Inferno in search of the backdoor to Fairyland and finds herself stripped of well...everything! NAKED and AFRAID Gert is now a CASTAWAY in a strange land with no way back to civilization. Oh I almost forgot-there's a dope cliffhanger too.

Kaya #5 By Wes Craig - An unexpected wedding takes place when our adventurers reach their destination. And secrets between Kaya and her brother Jin threaten to tear them apart just as a monstrous new threat attacks!

Lovesick #5 By Vecchio - Thirteen years ago a young girl named Domino met a handsome cannibal called Jack. The rest as they say is history. A story of submission flesh and power and the origins of the most beloved and despised dominatrix on the darkweb.

Monstress #43 By Liu, Takeda - Thousands of years ago the court of the Shaman-Empress was a tangle of palace intrigue. Maika and Zinn find themselves caught in that web as they sink deeper into Zinn's lost memories...if that's truly what they are.

Nemesis Reloaded #2 By Millar, Jimenez - Nemesis continues picking off the city's police force enlisting the help of not only the town's biggest gang members but of its entire population when he puts a $10000 bounty on every beat cop's head.

hwKhOaC.png

YFFV2yx.png

My Hero Academia Vol 33 By Horikoshi - Knowing that All For One has put a target on his back, Midoriya has left U.A., hoping to draw the villains away from everyone he cares about. But his friends know the newest bearer of One For All shouldn't handle this burden alone, so they set out to bring him back into the fold. The forces of good need every hero they can find as the unfolding crisis in Japan now has global ramifications, with even foreign heroes itching to join the fight...

Tokyo Revengers Vol 7-8 By Wakui - Watching the news, Hanagaki Takemichi learns his junior-high girlfriend Tachibana Hinata has died. A sudden shove sends him 12 years into the past to face the Tokyo Manji Gang that once made his life hell, which is also responsible for Hinata's death in the present. To save Hinata and change the future, Takemichi must rise to the top of Kanto's most sinister delinquent gang! But things aren't so simple when he befriends the gang's leader, Mikey. What turned Mikey from a petulant child to the leader of the most infamous gang in Tokyo?

Komi Can't Communicate Vol 23 By Oda - It's Valentine's Day again, and Itan High is a chocolatsravaganza! But while most of the students are giving out goodies to celebrate friendships, Komi and Manbagi have a different goal-Tadano's heart! But do either of them have the courage to actually tell him that...?

Sakamoto Days Vol 6 By Suzuki - Dangerous serial killers, the Order, and Sakamoto's crew clash! As the battles rage on, Sakamoto undergoes an unexpected transformation. Meanwhile, the evil mastermind X reveals his true intent, which sends shock waves through the assassin world!

Zom 100 Vol 9 By Aso, Takata - Is there really a vaccine in the making? To discover the truth and check more items off their bucket list, Akira and the gang head to Osaka. But the zombies of Dotombori aren't your garden-variety zombies. Are they some kind of variant? Arriving to help the gang in their fight is a college buddy of Akira and Kencho's named Takemina. The three rekindle an old dream of opening a bar together, with their eyes set on achieving financial success! Wait, what exactly are the economics of a zombie apocalypse again?

Demon Slayer : One Winged Butterfly By Gotouge, Yajima - Shinobu and Kanae ask Himejima to teach them how to slay demons. After he refuses, they must complete the impossible task of moving a giant rock to convince him to introduce them to trainers. In other tales, Zenitsu tricks Inosuke into helping him dig a hot spring under Uzui's training, Mitsuri grapples with her reason for becoming a Demon Slayer, Genya discusses his family with Sumi, the Hashiras try to make Tomioka smile, and Kimetsu Academy forms a rock band-much to Shinobu's chagrin!

NaLhULv.png

-If you must post a spoilery panel or a page from a Shonen Jump (recent or otherwise), please link to them with a proper spoiler warning.
-Please at least allow one week before posting unmarked spoilers.
- Use common sense when it comes to older spoilers. Its easy to use a spoiler tag and has the same effect.
-Announcements/Solicitations are not spoiler worthy, no need to tag
- Don't spoiler tag images, it doesn't work on mobile so its not reliable.
-MARK YOUR SPOILERS

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
eek, I know my ADHD is bad when I make the List™

Edit: Also thank you Messi and whoever else has been doing the OPs, I know it's a lot of work

Feb 16, 2022
Congrats on Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow getting a movie. I choose to believe it's popularity here made it happen.

May 24, 2019

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Might as well repost the DC news:

View: https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1620468379672002565

I hope them using Earth One GL art for the Lanterns show is telling. I loved those books.

I liked Earth One: Green Lantern a lot, but I don't think its what I want for this. In fact, I know its not. This really is DC's Last Chance at this, so I'd like for people to be introduced to the classic versions of characters in most cases. Considering they're talking about standardizing characters across mediums, it'd also mean I'd be stuck with that look (and those ideas) everywhere other than the comics.

May 24, 2019
I liked Earth One: Green Lantern a lot, but I don't think its what I want for this. In fact, I know its not. This really is DC's Last Chance at this, so I'd like for people to be introduced to the classic versions of characters in most cases. Considering they're talking about standardizing characters across mediums, it'd also mean I'd be stuck with that look (and those ideas) everywhere other than the comics.
With "True Detective in space" or whatever he said, I'm not expecting anything bright and COMIC BOOKy

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The exciting thing about an Earth-based Green Lantern series is you can probably slot Oliver Queen in there...

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Jumping straight into Morrison's Batman and Son is a choice lol. But I'm all for it!

Otherwise the rest sounds pretty standard

May 24, 2019
Oh yeah he said "looking over precinct Earth". Fuck Earth lol
How is that more interesting for the property than weirdo space crime?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how "small" they're starting either. Seems like whatever they're looking into is tied into the larger story for Chapter 1. Seems like they're leaning into some cosmic horror-type stuff.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
There's not much I'd want from Tom King, but I'll give him that he does seem to have a firm understanding of both Superman and Supergirl.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
X Vote is live and garbage ass picks this year but safe picks for the upcoming X event.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Solid DC slate, now all I need is for Dick, Barb and Zatana to show uo and confirmation on HarleyxIvy in some way and I'll be all in on the new DCU.

May 24, 2019
Supergirl should play into the True Grit comparison and cast Hailee Steinfeld as Ruthye n have her narrate the whole thing.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's not much I'd want from Tom King, but I'll give him that he does seem to have a firm understanding of both Superman and Supergirl.
Sheriff, Vision, Omega Men, and Strange Adventures would all be good for film/TV in my opinion although I don't think we will see any of those. Supergirl is the best choice and one I'm really looking forward to. Best cape book in at least a few years. I'm not sure who they'll cast as Supergirl. They need someone who is simultaneously cool, kind, real and heroic. That's a tough combo to pull off.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Still trying to find a place to complete the move. Thus the slow posting.

So... what was supposed to be a settling down of sorts on Saga easing in on the latest developments of the previous issue became a massive curveball on a concept that people hadn't even considered yet. I'm skeptical on things as it stands.
I'm on the side that Marko won't be back. But since ghosts exist in Saga, that may be a good compromise. Until another assassin destroys him for good much like that old babysitter. ;~; As viewers know by now, very few good things happen without a price.

So year... the Human Target pretty much followed an old saying from Sherlock Holmes.
Always assume the most likely lead to be true. Ice indeed tried to kill Lex for having herself killed. I'm mixed on this. Not on the mystery itself, but it puts the community in a bad light. Not to mention put a whole new twist in the relationship between her and Chris in an awkward way (though it makes perfect sense now that the two banged after Guy's 'death'. It felt less like an ironic twist and more like trying to square the characters into the circle of a story you're telling. There are successes from King in this case, but with a long-suffering yet beloved group like the JLI it just felt weird to me.

What I got from the Lazarus Planet stories wasn't so bad at all. We got Wonder Woman being a badass, Martian Manhunter helping to prevent the return of Doomsday and Mary/Black Adam rescuing Billy and finding a clever way to contain the Roxk of Eternity. It's a story that felt like it came out of nowhere, but at least the stories coming out of it seem to be hits so far.

We got some more interesting dynamics at play in Blue Beetle, from Starfire telling Jamie about similarities of their upbringing to Ted arguing with Bruce about what to do with the Blue Beetle and an entirely new faction at play, it's the strongest issue yet.

Harley Quinn... hmm. I feel like this one could be polarizing. It actually feels parallel to the third season of the TV show with Harley trying to figure out if she wants to be a hero or not. The core is fine, but I feel that more could have been done with the multiversal concept. Much like with the Variants mini.

List:
Lazarus Planet: Legends Reborn
Scarlet Witch #2
Wakanda #5
DC's Harley Quinn Romances
DC Power: A Celebration
Young Hellboy: Assault on Castle Death #4

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The Flash One Minute War special is pretty neat. The first story sets up the aliens.

Mary/Black Adam rescuing Billy and finding a clever way to contain the Roxk of Eternity. It's a story that felt like it came out of nowhere, but at least the stories coming out of it seem to be hits so far.
That was from Future State Titans like way back when.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If you're wondering, the thread title is an actual line from the Beastars manga concerning a civet. Civets are fed coffee beans, which are then plucked partially-digested from their poop to make a specific type of coffee.
We've been talking about civet-poop coffee on Discord recently! We were considering starting a fund to get some for whatsinaname, but he doesn't want to drink poop coffee.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Messi pray to whatever commission gods you worship for me, please. I'm entering into a drawing to get something (for free) by one of my favorite mangaka.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I thought the DCEU news was a bit of a letdown. I get that they're waiting for Aquaman 2 to announce Momoa Lobo but the rest was just whatever. I was very excited about Brave and the Bold featuring the best Robin and Supergirl (which I need to read).

I was also really hoping for some Peacemaker Season 2 news.

Status
Not open for further replies.