• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they added more DC comics to CMXU recently. They have even more issues of Shade available now, where last time I looked they only had the first 5 or 6. For some reason though its only the single issues instead of the tpbs like usual (which is a pain in the ass because of the borrow limit). Hope they put Morrison's Action Comics up soon.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they added more DC comics to CMXU recently. They have even more issues of Shade available now, where last time I looked they only had the first 5 or 6. For some reason though its only the single issues instead of the tpbs like usual (which is a pain in the ass because of the borrow limit). Hope they put Morrison's Action Comics up soon.

Shade never got a full run in trades I think. Neither did Sandman Mystery Theatre.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
They could atleast put the 3 tpbs for Shade on Unlimited.

Going through these issues though and its crazy how much Bachalo's art has changed. I think last time we talked about this I was thinking of his work on Generation X, which is alot closer to his current style, just without the neat tricks with blankspace and boarders.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
They could atleast put the 3 tpbs for Shade on Unlimited.

Going through these issues though and its crazy how much Bachalo's art has changed. I think last time we talked about this I was thinking of his work on Generation X, which is alot closer to his current style, just without the neat tricks with blankspace and boarders.

His art from back then looks like a completely different person.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Young Justice #1: A ton of fun, and great art of Gleason. Low on explanations—when did Tim meet Bart again—but a good start to all of this.

Green Lantern #3: I wasn't entirely on board Morrison's very 2000AD Green Lantern until that last page. Leaning very, very heavy into the cop metaphor.

Spider-Miles #2: Ahmed's really settled into his voice and given him a stronger focus on his supporting cast. Liking what I'm seeing here so far.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
We don't deserve Riley Rossmo. These are from the Martian Manhunter #2 preview. Theres lovelier stuff in the issue.

f1fa7ad2bd39c4342b770d26388c543b._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
83887a6edc1f685f2051a9962b8d45f3._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I got on his commission list a few days ago. I can't wait to see the results.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Captain Marvel #1 was... meh. I'll give it another issue but maybe she's just an unfixable character at this point without a complete character retcon (and I know they just did something sorta like that) because I've enjoyed literally every other Kelly Thompson I've read comic more than this. And with MCU Carol looking like she does... sorry Marvel I think you need to try again in a few years.

Otherwise everything else I read was pretty good which was nice. Miles-man has a good voice. Thor was focused all on Roz and somehow still fine (though I don't really know what she's done in universe to become so highly regarded outside of being Aaron's OC). Avengers was interesting, though I wish all this stuff had been done earlier and the Final Host garbage was cut down to only an issue or two.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Young Justice #1: A ton of fun, and great art of Gleason. Low on explanations—when did Tim meet Bart again—but a good start to all of this.
Someone else said something similar earlier. Werent Tim and Bart on the original YJ together? Why wouldnt they know each other? I assume it has something to do wtih Tim being captured by Jor-el?

--------------------------
I still dont understand this whole thing with DC characters not remembering some things from before the New 52. I thought that had all been fixed by now, like how people remembered Wally West. Is that supposed to be one of the things Doomsday Clock will be "fixing"?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
That's just Bendis, he doesn't give a shit what your other books say.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Someone else said something similar earlier. Werent Tim and Bart on the original YJ together? Why wouldnt they know each other? I assume it has something to do wtih Tim being captured by Jor-el?

I still dont understand this whole thing with DC characters not remembering some things from before the New 52. I thought that had all been fixed by now, like how people remembered Wally West. Is that supposed to be one of the things Doomsday Clock will be "fixing"?
Everyone would be better off not trying to understand what has and hasn't happened in the current DC universe.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone would be better off not trying to understand what has and hasn't happened in the current DC universe.
Yea it was a neat setup in the Rebirth one shot, but i have totally lost track of what has even happened with that plot line by now. It really should have been resolved already lol.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Yea it was a neat setup in the Rebirth one shot, but i have totally lost track of what has even happened with that plot line by now. It really should have been resolved already lol.

They probably dont. It was probably one of Johns ideas that just got forgotten about.
I don't know enough about the character to add my own opinion, but I remember reading a while back that Black Canary's current backstory/origin is super difficult to understand and explain to others.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I have a theory. Why's Connor back and like his 90s self? Tim Drake looking like old Robin? Bart? Amethyst? So on and so on. Well, Doomsday Clock was originally supposed to be done by the end of 2018, and we know it was supposed to change things, and now suddenly we have this DC universe stuff that is unexplained. My theory is that the stuff happening right now is post-Doomsday Clock and they decided to just go ahead and start some of it now and let the end of Doomsday Clock explain their return/change later in the year.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

Bart came back in Flash War, but the Flashes haven't acknowledged him since. Like, this is a key Flash Family member that's been roundly ignored, I assume because Bendis called dibs. So yeah, this is more of a DC Comics problem. And Tim's been gone since Detective ended, and this is a bit harder to square with how his run there—he didn't want to do the superhero thing anymore—but then he's also met Bart?

It's just... weird.

I'm willing to ignore most of it because Young Justice is back, baby.

I have a theory. Why's Connor back and like his 90s self? Tim Drake looking like old Robin? Bart? Amethyst? So on and so on. Well, Doomsday Clock was originally supposed to be done by the end of 2018, and we know it was supposed to change things, and now suddenly we have this DC universe stuff that is unexplained. My theory is that the stuff happening right now is post-Doomsday Clock and they decided to just go ahead and start some of it now and let the end of Doomsday Clock explain their return/change later in the year.

I mean, that's pretty much it, right?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing that DC has given the OK to use pre-N52 continuity but absolutely no guidelines on how to do it so weird shit is happening as different writers do whatever they want with it.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Bart came back in Flash War, but the Flashes haven't acknowledged him since. Like, this is a key Flash Family member that's been roundly ignored, I assume because Bendis called dibs. So yeah, this is more of a DC Comics problem. And Tim's been gone since Detective ended, and this is a bit harder to square with how his run there—he didn't want to do the superhero thing anymore—but then he's also met Bart?

It's just... weird.

I'm willing to ignore most of it because Young Justice is back, baby.

I mean, that's pretty much it, right?

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
I've been finding fairly cheap second hand copies of TPBs on my local eBay equivalent, I managed to get full runs of Y the Last Man, Powers, Ex Machina, James Robinson's Starman, Chew, Irredeemable, Incorruptible, and 6 volumes of Criminal all for pretty cheap. Even if they're not as-new, it's really nice getting a full run all at once because I don't have to worry about say, volume 3 of a run being hard to find, which is especially difficult due to being in New Zealand - when you add on shipping the prices of even second hand books skyrocket. The problem now is finding the time to read them all, lol

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's probably because we just had Jane Thor, but where is the Thor teen analog?

Also, Wonder Woman needs a kid so we have have the new trinity.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Heroes in Crisis #4 wasn't as bad as people said it was. But it still wasn't good.

Justice League Odyssey #4 was okay. I have a feeling that series won't last long. It's not good enough, and nobody cares about it.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Look at this jealous piece of shit wishing people well. You aren't fooling anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.