• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

MxUIgmt.gif

Thats the B&N exclusive variant. Love that cover btw. Just wish it was available in hardcover.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Heres another one of those most anticipated lists.

Is Greg Pak a good writer? Hes got another neat book coming out of Boom called Ronin Island.
Still interested in High Level, Invisible Kingdom, and Buffy.
And of course, Hulkverines!!

Also, how has DIE been? Just read about it and it sounds like its a sort of Jumanji like story lol?

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Heres another one of those most anticipated lists.

Is Greg Pak a good writer? Hes got another neat book coming out of Boom called Ronin Island.
Still interested in High Level, Invisible Kingdom, and Buffy.
And of course, Hulkverines!!

Also, how has DIE been? Just read about it and it sounds like its a sort of Jumanji like story lol?

Pak wrote Planet Hulk, a run on Action Comics during New 52, Totally Awesome Hulk, everyone's favorite book Weapon H, Mech Cadet Yu and I'm sure more.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

Remember the old Dungeons & Dragons cartoon? With the kids who end up in the D&D world?

Die is essentially a follow-up. They disappeared for a few years, and came back with severe trauma. Die picks up years after that, when they're adults and they have to go back. It's pretty good.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Remember the old Dungeons & Dragons cartoon? With the kids who end up in the D&D world?

Die is essentially a follow-up. They disappeared for a few years, and came back with severe trauma. Die picks up years after that, when they're adults and they have to go back. It's pretty good.
That show doesnt ring a bell, but it sounds super intriguing! Ill grab the first 2 issues and see how I like it.

Pak wrote Planet Hulk, a run on Action Comics during New 52, Totally Awesome Hulk, everyone's favorite book Weapon H, Mech Cadet Yu and I'm sure more.
If he wrote Weapon H then he's got to be good!

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
It already was the best Resident Evil game
No arguments here! I love those first handful of games so much that I have trouble picking a fav, honestly.
The only thing thats giving me pause regarding buying it day one is the length. I dont usually play these types of games multiple times on different difficulties, or score modes. I really want to play it though.
If you're not in it for the replay value, then rent it or borrow it from a pal. It's not suuuper long but on a first play through it's still got a lot to chew on. Especially on a blind run.

Just finished reading GL #3 and yeah. This is going to be consistently a lot of fun, I think. I also snagged a copy of Freedom Fighters #1 from my shop cuz I saw it was signed by Venditti! He did a singing there not too long ago. Guess he signed some of his books and dead dropped them at the store for people to find. Rad move!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Green Lantern by Morrison is very interesting. Like, I love it, but I also wish there was another GL book out using more of the established GL mythos.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
If you're not in it for the replay value, then rent it or borrow it from a pal. It's not suuuper long but on a first play through it's still got a lot to chew on. Especially on a blind run.
It is the only one I technically havent played. But thats what I was worried about. Ill wait and see what reviewers say about the length and how different the Leon A Clare B/Leon B Clare A content is in this version.

Green Lantern by Morrison is very interesting. Like, I love it, but I also wish there was another GL book out using more of the established GL mythos.
Yes that would be nice tbh. A Kyle and John book with the other 2 Earth GLs would be good to have, like Tomasi's Green Lantern Corps.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Read Die #1 That is a really neat concept for a story.

Also finished Leverage :( Not exactly the best finale ive ever seen, but I am totally sad to see it end. Gunna check out that UK version after watching Heroes or Killjoys (cant decide which to watch first).

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Yes that would be nice tbh. A Kyle and John book with the other 2 Earth GLs would be good to have, like Tomasi's Green Lantern Corps.
I agree, that would be great. But I think they're just standing aside for Morrison. Based on the end of this recent issue, I'm guessing we may be heading to have one of the others take the spot light. More Jessica would be my preference.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
My prediction Harley is dead by the end of Heroes in Crisis. The big bad kills her. She goes away for a few months and comes back for the promotion period of Birds if Prey. That way you upset people and have a big death, her book ends and comes back with a shiny #1 in January.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
RE2 is gonna be really good, guys...
I'm on the fence. It looks fantastic, but I already played the original, and Kingdom Hearts III comes out a few days later. There's no shortage of other games coming in the next few months. If Capcom really wants my money they should make a new Dino Crisis.
Yeah, I get that. It's a neat book but it feels like more of an Elseworlds title than something actually tied into the current DCU.
My prediction Harley is dead by the end of Heroes in Crisis.
And nothing of value was lost.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I really want a good Kyle story.

Heroes in Crisis is going to end up being a simulation in VR/the Matrix. None of whats happening is real.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I finished my Gotham Central reread tonight. I love that series so much. Now I'm ready for my box full of Conan omnibus TPs from IST. Not that much, I just bought volumes 5-7 and the Phantoms of the Black Coast TP.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the first two volumes of The Wild Storm. Going to be real tough waiting for that third volume.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I was debating what to read next, so I decided to browse my unread CMX books. I still haven't read Venom: Space Knight, so that's up next.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Finished reading Femme Magnifique, there were some really well done shorts in there! Definitely worth reading.

Started (and stopped) reading something called Eternal Empire. I thought I had heard good things about Alex+Ada(same creative team)? This book was so generic and derivative, it was almost physically painful. Like some kid saw Star Wars and Game of Thrones and made their first web comic, printed it out and bound it. The Swords of Shannara seems inventive and fresh in comparison.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Watched Aquaman a few days ago and it really is most of Johns' run jammed into a single movie like the trailers showed. I liked it overall because Wan really went big with it. So many creature designs, setpieces, aspects of the Aquaman lore... At the same time though that's also the movie's weakness, there was too much crammed into a single movie. The Trench for example was so well done that I wanted more than a 10 minute segment.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

REmake still holds the title for me, but this has the chance to unseat it.

I think RE3 and the Revelations games are the only main entries I've never played.

I'm actually playing Revelations 1 on PS4 now. It is soooooo stuuuuuuupid. Like a parody joke of a RE game in terms of writing and story. The game itself is just ok. Not bad, not great. Just a very average over-the-shoulder shooter with a wonky dodge mechanic and kind of frustrating aim sensitivity.

I did enjoy RE3 back on PS1 though, not as much as RE1/2, but it had some nifty gimmicks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.