• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So it was just a bridge from the New 52 to Rebirth for the Titans characters, like the 2 Superman minis were for him
Yeah

It's bad. And dumb. And bad. Roy Harper gets hammered in the back of his truck because he can't figure out what the shape of a water tower means.
What happened to psylocke's body?

The iconic one.
She's still around. Kwannon and Betsy, both residing in Kwannon's body. Betsy split and made her own body out of soul energy due to some weirdo named Sapphire.

Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor is where that all happens.

Deleted member 40953

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
Marvel Unlimited is terrific value

£10 a month and I've read about 160 comics already in the first month

Going through all of Hickman's at the moment and currently on his Avengers stuff. Loving it so far!

Anything I should be putting on my list?

Immortal Hulk is something I'm planning on reading, as well as Venom (2018).

What else shall I add?

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Marvel Unlimited is terrific value

£10 a month and I've read about 160 comics already in the first month

Going through all of Hickman's at the moment and currently on his Avengers stuff. Loving it so far!

Anything I should be putting on my list?

Immortal Hulk is something I'm planning on reading, as well as Venom (2018).

What else shall I add?
When you finish Hickman's comics, I'd recommend reading Al Ewing's Ultimates (and Ultimates 2). It might help if you read his Mighty Avengers before, though that one has a lot of tie-ins to other stuff so it might be a bit confusing. His New Avengers and USAvengers from after Secret wars are also really solid and deal with some of the fallout of Hickman's Avengers. Duggan's Uncanny Avengers is also really fun. But the regular Avengers title by Mark Waid is kinda boring. And if you read any of those last 3, then there's the Avengers: No Surrender mini-event in which the 3 books are merged into one (don't worry, you don't need to read any of them to enjoy this story) which is really great and also sets-up Immortal Hulk pretty nicely.

Other (mostly recent) stuff:
  • Matt Fraction's Hawkeye, and after it, Kelly Thompson's Hawkeye and West Coast Avengers
  • Gwenpool
  • Saladin Ahmed's Black Bolt
  • Duggan's Deadpool run is very good and actually made me like Deadpool
  • Marvel Two-in-One by Chip Zdarsky
  • Spectacular Spider-man by Zdarsky. First 5 issues aren't that great but after that, it's amazing
  • Jason Aaron's Thor saga, which is about to come to an end. Starts with Thor: God of Thunder
  • Moon Knight, first by Warren Ellis, then Jeff Lemire, then Max Bemis. Three different kinds of insanity.
  • The recent Thanos and Cosmic Ghost Rider by Donny Cates
  • Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is really fun

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'm guessing Prodigy is cause YA(This is still a stupid fucking name cause other than Cassie, they're all adults)

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Take them ALL away from Rosenberg. Give him one of the spin offs, since he seems to do so well with those.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
My thing is, he better have a fucking STELLAR ASS FUCKING SMART answer for how Karma, Wolfsbane, Magik and Moonstar are all on the same team after that mini
You don't really need some far out "smart" answer to explain it even with how the mini ended. Boom-Boom for example is already in X-Force lol.

I would expect it play a role in them joining the team though.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You don't really need some far out "smart" answer to explain it even with how the mini ended. Boom-Boom for example is already in X-Force lol.

I would expect it play a role in them joining the team though.
I mean, I don't need a reason for how they got there.

I need a reason for how they're working together.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Magik and Kitty is some Claremont nostalgia bullshit, we all know Rachel and Kitty was the real OTP anyway.

I just realized with Rahne on the team, I wonder if they'll address how fucked up it is that NuMadrox didn't go through any of X-Factor or if Rosenberg will just write it off as a lame joke.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The entire 10 issue weekly UXM run was setup for Age of X-Man. The only character that actually "developed" over the 10 issues was X-Man, and there's no way he makes it passed Age of X, unless he becomes amnesiac or something lol.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Magik and Kitty is some Claremont nostalgia bullshit, we all know Rachel and Kitty was the real OTP anyway.

I just realized with Rahne on the team, I wonder if they'll address how fucked up it is that NuMadrox didn't go through any of X-Factor or if Rosenberg will just write it off as a lame joke.
To be fair, Magik and Kitty have had several great moments since Bendis' run onwards

I mean, I don't want that pairing cause Kitty always in some bullshit, but I can totally see Magik still being like "Yeah, but I still like her though."

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
We won't know who Magik's hooking up with until we see the results of the Twitter poll.

They should do that for all the major plot decisions in UXM.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden

Edit: Top 5 for Dec '18
DxNJIYqX0AER30f.jpg

Edit2: I wish all creative teams did Upcoming lists like this

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for Sejic's Ivy book based off all the shit he's teased on his streams.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
So which comic/manga do you all think had the steepest decline in quality? Not bad to worse but something that was fun/good that went to shit in an arc or a single issue even.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
What is going on with Era lol

Preview for GotG looks great. Shaw's art is really good! Is this his first interior work for Marvel?

Status
Not open for further replies.