• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Damian is that he's always written like a little shit ignoring all the character development he's gotten over the years. It's become his default state as a character to be a completely insufferable asshole.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Punisher trailer looked alright. But if its anything like last season, its going to be 8 episodes of talking and 4-5 of actual action.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Guess DC has been happy with the response to Martian Manhunter. Good for Orlando and Rossmo, the first two issues were great.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Rossmo panel layouts are some of the best in the biz.

Also, I want to cry because of that Doomsday Clock delay.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
There are never any delays in the manga businesses.

Oj3GgME.gif

Oct 27, 2017
There are never any delays in the manga businesses.

The Japanese work ethic is leagues better than the American work ethic. There are a few series which go on hiatus from time to time. Since these are decades-long stories, I think using the few exceptions (Berserk, HunterxHunter) as an example for the whole industry is unfair.

Years ago, I used to malign Tony Moore a lot for his inability to see anything through. That's how he lost the coveted art spot to Charlie Adlard on Walking Dead. He is a very talented artist with a woeful work ethic and no commitment to anything long-term. His wife wasn't too happy with me saying that publicly, so she got on the forums I was on to argue with me about it, heh.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The Japanese work ethic is leagues better than the American work ethic. There are a few series which go on hiatus from time to time. Since these are decades-long stories, I think using the few exceptions (Berserk, HunterxHunter) as an example for the whole industry is unfair.

Years ago, I used to malign Tony Moore a lot for his inability to see anything through. That's how he lost the coveted art spot to Charlie Adlard on Walking Dead. He is a very talented artist with a woeful work ethic and no commitment to anything long-term. His wife wasn't too happy with me saying that publicly, so she got on the forums I was on to argue with me about it, heh.
For some reason I read everything you write in what I assume is Muller's voice in my head lol.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017

Just because he's not seeing things through to the end doesn't necessarily mean he had anything to do with it. IIRC business disagreements got in the way with Walking Dead.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my friend into comics thanks to Giant Days
I don't know if I would have jumped straight to the best comic in existence. Now everything else will be a disappointment.
You should be arrested
You almost were arrested. If you actually let that pile of Made in Abyss manga ship, I would have tipped off the coppers. Can't be having that smut on the streets.
"Hi, my name is Ed Brubaker and I fuckin love crime."
Your avatar and this quote are sending conflicting messages.
Speaking of work, my second job gave me a project translating articles and interviews with Japanese musicians. It's the first project they've given me that isn't smut!
I guess translating will go much quicker if you don't have to stop for fap breaks. I mean, unless you really really really like music.
Doomsday Clock #9 is now coming Feb 6th lol.
This series won't be over until the actual Doomsday Clock hits midnight.
Rossmo panel layouts are some of the best in the biz.
Excuse me, sir. J.H. Williams III would like a word...

e231ffcfb9d2cc844b9ad880e3a9654e.jpg

file_177743_5_batwoman3p45big.jpg

9b4d7a219d6978c12ab832a7f8f0f5e7.jpg

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Herring & Robinson just emailed me letting me know that my two LOSH custom binds are finished! They estimate 6-8 weeks, and I figured it would be longer because the holiday season, but it ended up taking just under 4 weeks! So pumped to get them. Have never done custom binds before. These are extremely simple. No crazy designs or extra pages or anything, but I don't really care about that right now.

JH is up there at the top, too. I love interesting but WELL DONE panel layouts. I hate when there's unusual layouts with no reason or purpose (Brett Booth).

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I would have jumped straight to the best comic in existence. Now everything else will be a disappointment.

You almost were arrested. If you actually let that pile of Made in Abyss manga ship, I would have tipped off the coppers. Can't be having that smut on the streets.

Your avatar and this quote are sending conflicting messages.

I guess translating will go much quicker if you don't have to stop for fap breaks. I mean, unless you really really really like music.

This series won't be over until the actual Doomsday Clock hits midnight.

Art good enough you could tattoo it on yourself

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
ComicEra.

Comics.

20-something pages.

Remember for later.

Comics.

Polarizing reviews.

Messi threads.

He always makes threads.

Multiple pages of nothing.

Why does that guy care about Marvel so much?

They always want the same.

Respect.

(Why don't I post here anymore?)

Must be the same as always.

9 panels to explain things.

That could be summarized more succinctly.

Is this dramatic enough?

Let the Eisner's roll in.

Comics.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
ComicEra.

Comics.

20-something pages.

Remember for later.

Comics.

Polarizing reviews.

Messi threads.

He always makes threads.

Respect.

Comics.
That checks out.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
ComicEra.

Comics.

20-something pages.

Remember for later.

Comics.

Polarizing reviews.

Messi threads.

He always makes threads.

Respect.

9 panels to explain things.

That could be summarized more succinctly.

Is this dramatic enough?

Let the Eisner's roll in.

Comics.

Who are you? What is your favourite manga? You should read the bdsm love and romance friendship series Sunstone. How's your mother?

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Who are you? What is your favourite manga? You should read the bdsm love and romance friendship series Sunstone. How's your mother?

My name?

Why can't I remember my name?

You seem familiar.

(Where have I seen him before?)

Manga?

Must be in hell.

I must be in hell.

Wake up.

He asked you a question.

Sunstone?

Sounds like shit.

Nod your head in agreement

Give thumbs up.

You can feel the digit bending upward

He'll fall for your insincerity.

Great book.

Oct 27, 2017
Herring & Robinson just emailed me letting me know that my two LOSH custom binds are finished! They estimate 6-8 weeks, and I figured it would be longer because the holiday season, but it ended up taking just under 4 weeks! So pumped to get them. Have never done custom binds before. These are extremely simple. No crazy designs or extra pages or anything, but I don't really care about that right now.

JH is up there at the top, too. I love interesting but WELL DONE panel layouts. I hate when there's unusual layouts with no reason or purpose (Brett Booth).

d1enqxr-e0d7e650-9af5-423d-a0f9-542cd7adf2aa.jpg

This is one of my favorite and most innovative uses for panel layouts. On the last page, Spidey is being hit from another panel and the dialogue expresses surprise. The villain was a Mayan God that sort of could ignore the bounds of time and could swing in the future and hit Spidey in the past or visa versa. A concept, I had never seen before and was instantly memorable to me.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
The latest Avengers is so good. As a kid, I loved the kind of explanations of bases we got in this issue. Seeing Black Panther take the reigns is awesome, can't wait to see how this will owrk in War of the Realms!

Oct 27, 2017
The latest Avengers is so good. As a kid, I loved the kind of explanations of bases we got in this issue. Seeing Black Panther take the reigns is awesome, can't wait to see how this will owrk in War of the Realms!

It is so interesting that Marvel and DC both are pulling back their main super team to almost 80s-esque fanboy sensibilities.

Avengers have this cool base and the team dynamics are closer to an action-figure IP from the 1980s.
Justice League and the Legion of Doom are channeling the Super Friends era.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Justice League is soo good right now (even though its kind of in a lul until Jiminez comes back)

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I just read AvX and I loved it!

Well the Roger Stern 80's story from the Mutant Massacre Omni... 😜

marvel_x-men-vs-avengers_001.jpg

But really it was a solid story that continued the Trial of Magneto and acted as a referendum on all the crimes Magneto committed throughout the run up to this point as a villain. Nice justification for the Avengers and X-Men to actually bear fists(alongside a Russian superhero gang) without feeling that forced. Magneto committed heinous atrocities as a villain, two nations are after him for justice and the X-Men are protecting him as they would their own. The end kind of suffers, but it was a fun read.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
d1enqxr-e0d7e650-9af5-423d-a0f9-542cd7adf2aa.jpg

This is one of my favorite and most innovative uses for panel layouts. On the last page, Spidey is being hit from another panel and the dialogue expresses surprise. The villain was a Mayan God that sort of could ignore the bounds of time and could swing in the future and hit Spidey in the past or visa versa. A concept, I had never seen before and was instantly memorable to me.
Bachalo is the GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.