• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
How good was that issue with the date!

I think Anderson works so well for the series. He has a great grasp of body language and facial expressions I think even if the art is not very distinctive.

And looking at his and Kurt's notes from the back material, he contributes a lot to the character design too.
Every single issue so far has been excellent. I adore it.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to collect Astro City physically but I honestly have no idea how to start or the order. I wish it was just in 1, 2, 3, instead of storylines. Or that there was an omnibus.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Getting close to the end of Leverage's final season. They are really padding these last 2 seasons with these spin off episodes, if you can call them that. Theyre not bad, but they should have spread them out a bit more. Think ill finish the show tomorrow and I already wish there was more.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Getting close to the end of Leverage's final season. They are really padding these last 2 seasons with these spin off episodes, if you can call them that. Theyre not bad, but they should have spread them out a bit more. Think ill finish the show tomorrow and I already wish there was more.
As in the tv show Leverage ?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Almost done with Nausicaa, this has been one of the most epic in scale funny books I've read. It reminds me a lot of how I felt reading The Metabarons.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, while your here, do you know how many omnis Blade of the Immortal will be? Thought they were all out till I saw the 9th one was up for pre-order. Also, have you seen the movie?
It should be ten since each one is 3 volumes in one and there's 30 volumes in total.

And yeah, I actually saw the movie before reading the manga.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
They have a Leverage comic ?
no lol, im watching the show after getting it recommended by a few here. Id read a comic based on the show though!

It should be ten since each one is 3 volumes in one and there's 30 volumes in total.

And yeah, I actually saw the movie before reading the manga.
Did you like the movie? I remember hearing about it and seeing the trailers but I never got around to watching it.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
no lol, im watching the show after getting it recommended by a few here. Id read a comic based on the show though!

Oh sorry lol, I got confused and thought I was in the wrong thread lmao.

I don't know if you've seen or heard of Hustle (UK tv show), but I really really recommend that. Iirc, Leverage was based on it.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing. He likes my stoic son, not my explody son or my ambitious crybaby son.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
The whole Mutant Massacre arc was so great. I reread that around this time last year when I was doing a big Claremont reread.

Yea just wrapped the Omni, not my first time reading the MM story(read it in trade), but a lot of the added issues in the Omni were new to me and most did highlight a lot of the fallout.

Just starting the Fall of the Mutants trades now, my first time reading it, probably dive into Inferno after. Keep going until I need a break I think.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Reading through The Wild Storm (only a few issues in) and HOLY CRAP. Fantastic writing, intriguing setup, and ridiculously amazing art.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I got around to reading an American comic for the first time in a while. I picked Green Lantern #3. Can we just have Morrison write this forever? Everything here was perfect. Using the Green Lanterns and Hal Jordan to do commentary on the American police system is brilliant. And without getting too spoilery, it reminds me of Zenith which is awesome. I think anyone who has read that will understand what I mean. I adore how hard it's leaning on the 2000AD style. I can't recommend this enough, it's easily the most interesting DC book right now.

I also started Dementia 21 based off of whatsinaname's previous recommendation. I'm familiar with the art here, but everything else is all new to me. It's full of some really dark humor so far but I'm enjoying it. Only got 3 chapters in, but the absurdity of the situations and conflicts in each one has been very funny so far. It's not what I was expecting at all and the body-horror art is too cool. It's a really interesting contrast.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea just wrapped the Omni, not my first time reading the MM story(read it in trade), but a lot of the added issues in the Omni were new to me and most did highlight a lot of the fallout.

Just starting the Fall of the Mutants trades now, my first time reading it, probably dive into Inferno after. Keep going until I need a break I think.

That's a nice little run through those three stories. Fall of the Mutants sets up one of the better eras of UXM and my favorite X book from that era.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Rereading Planetary and it's still so fucking good in every way.

The shiftship being the meteorite that killed the dinosaurs is just perfection

I forgot about all this stuff and I love it all so much

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rereading Planetary and it's still so fucking good in every way.

The shiftship being the meteorite that killed the dinosaurs is just perfection

I forgot about all this stuff and I love it all so much

cqF1Uml.jpg

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Reading through The Wild Storm (only a few issues in) and HOLY CRAP. Fantastic writing, intriguing setup, and ridiculously amazing art.

VanWinkle reading Astro City and Wild Storm on the same day. How can you go back to regular comics after this.

Almost done with Nausicaa, this has been one of the most epic in scale funny books I've read. It reminds me a lot of how I felt reading The Metabarons.

Overall, I ended up liking it more than the movie. It was great how he was able to keep the book so succinct and yet give it such a large scale.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ordered the first trade of Miracle Men. Should be here next month.

Going in 100% blind. What should I expect?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like John Mcea (co-creator of DC's HITMAN) is at Marvel now and drew and 21 page story in UXM #11. Also, UXM #11 is 72 pages, so expect another $8-10 price with a could random stories thrown together like UXM #1.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ordered the first trade of Miracle Men. Should be here next month.

Going in 100% blind. What should I expect?

Assuming this is the King version - you should expect the complete story, because all 12 issues are in that single tpb.

Looking forward to it myself, since I only read the first issue. Waiting on a hardcover for physical, though.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming this is the King version - you should expect the complete story, because all 12 issues are in that single tpb.

Looking forward to it myself, since I only read the first issue. Waiting on a hardcover for physical, though.
Yes, it's King's Mister Miracle. Got the names mixed up.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The reason I asked about the B&N version of the Mister Miracle tpb is because they have some sort of exclusive version. Looks like all that's different though is the cover (which is neat) and it has the script for the first issue. BC said it was a hardcover, but it doesn't look like it actually is.

All versions though come with a neat prologue that's supposed to give people a primer on the new gods.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
The reason I asked about the B&N version of the Mister Miracle tpb is because they have some sort of exclusive version. Looks like all that's different though is the cover (which is neat) and it has the script for the first issue. BC said it was a hardcover, but it doesn't look like it actually is.

All versions though come with a neat prologue that's supposed to give people a primer on the new gods.

That was a mistake. Its not a hardcover

Status
Not open for further replies.