• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
i won't be shocked if it's gonna relaunch, Runaways are now known and they likely need to re aim things. Then again, Gabriel is still at the helm and relaunching it now will only get it lost between X-Man and Realms.

If Runaways gets cancelled its not getting relaunched fir years breh. It's not as powerful as it once was.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Trades breh.

That shit saves books. Moon Girl and USG sell just as much as Runaways single wise but all 3 have good trade sales.

IIRC Moon Girl and USG sell a shit ton of copies through scholastic, and do not show up in the typical numbers that come from Diamond. It's not "trades" doing that, but a corner of the market no one but Marvel really has any visibility to.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

1.) Rob was a hot artist in an era where Grant Morrison bought a house off the money he made off of Batman: Arkham Asylum and traveled the world with the rest of the money. Yes, there was a "rest of the money". There's no way he understands what it's like to get paid 2019 artist wages for much more difficult work. He likely still has money saved up from older eras, and gets paid more for his work in general.
2.) I don't know why people don't shut the fuck up on Twitter in 2019. Just post meaningless fluff, your opinions will get you in trouble.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
image0.png

So, who did Nate replace on each team? X-Factor Investigations is easy at least

image0.jpg

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Thoughts? I'm working through KH2 so I have a few games to get there...
Some thoughts on Kingdom Hearts III: For a major portion of the game, I was honestly feeling disappointed. The Disney worlds didn't do much for me for the most part, and perhaps it was because I was playing before the patch, but the combat felt too reliant on attractions and duel attacks. Due to the lack of variety, that gets pretty stale pretty quick.

The lack of connective tissue between worlds besides a cutscenes makes it all feel a bit too linear from one world to the next. I missed going to Radiant Garden to meet up with Sora's friends or revisiting worlds to see what is happening next with those characters. That being said, the last 6-8 hours of the game are really great. The love and care that was put into all those story beats and epic fights really blew me away. I just wish more of the game could have felt so consistent.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Read Action Comics 1007. That was a super short issue lol. I dont event think there was a full 20 pages. Action isnt double shipping anymore right? I might just wait for the trade if all of the issues are like this.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Justice League Annual was pretty interesting. Has me excited for what they are doing in the future with some of these storylines. Really does seem like Adam Strange is about to get a book too, with him appearing in this and HiC, in one panel each lol. REALLY like that Darkseid design in his small appearance.

Also, when did Abnett start writing JL Odyssey lol? How has it been?

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Justice League Annual was pretty interesting. Has me excited for what they are doing in the future with some of these storylines. Really does seem like Adam Strange is about to get a book too, with him appearing in this and HiC, in one panel each lol. REALLY like that Darkseid design in his small appearance.

Also, when did Abnett start writing JL Odyssey lol? How has it been?
He was in Bendis Superman as well and is gonna be in Morrison GL

Edit:

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
He was in Bendis Superman as well and is gonna be in Morrison GL
Thats right, forgot that hes showing up in TGL also!

EDIT: Sounds like Batwoman is getting a full season order, even before the pilot has finished filming! Cant wait to see how it turns out. The city of Gotham looked great in the crossover, so I have high hopes for this show.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
an episode a week is fucking silly, same shit was titans

DC isnt worth the sub tbh, theres nothing on their service

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
If Titans was just a normal show not based on a comic book property people would have been way harder on it. The pacing was terrible, with multiple back door pilots and random tangents, along with that "finale" lol (that was clearly part 1 of a 2 parter).

It also had a ton of the same problems as the Defenders did

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
If Titans was just a normal show not based on a comic book property people would have been way harder on it. The pacing was terrible, with multiple back door pilots and random tangents, along with that "finale" lol (that was clearly part 1 of a 2 parter).
I half agree, had a fair few faults that I waved away since it was a comic book show.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to love Titans btw. Its not like I went in wanting to hate it lol. When it was good it was great. But I just felt like those parts were heavily outweighed by the bad.

Doom Patrol looks like itll be alot better at least.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
an episode a week is fucking silly, same shit was titans

DC isnt worth the sub tbh, theres nothing on their service

Assuming they don't remove content then it will become a better value over time as they develop their back-catalog.
If I were them I'd have started the pricing a bit lower ($5 a month) until there were a few new series already on the service and then slowly ramped up the price. I'd do the same if I were CBS streaming as well as they're pricing themselves similarly to Netflix and HBO Go, but with a small fraction of the back-catalog (of original content, not things like Superfriends or Lois and Clark).

Also, thanks everyone for the crime comics recommendations! I grabbed Criminal and will try to track down Stray Bullets and Stumptown, both of which I had heard of, but never looked into before.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I like how theyve been releasing Young Justice. Its enough to keep me happy while I wait for the next batch of episodes.
Assuming they keep Young Justice going after this season I think there's an argument to be made that it surpasses JL/JLU (which I recently rewatched with my daughter) as the second best DC show.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming they keep Young Justice going after this season I think there's an argument to be made that it surpasses JL/JLU (which I recently rewatched with my daughter) as the second best DC show.
I hope they do keep going. It sounds like this season has been a big hit for DCU, so I dont see why they wouldnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.