• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
What if when Snyder leaves... Batman goes away too???

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A friend wants to get into Batman, what stories do yall recommend besides snyder/morrison/king/tynion
Snyder's a good modern starting point. I think both Morrison and King are better after you're more familiar with Batman and the supporting cast. These four are such a great intro, I think.

Batman: Year One -- Introduces Batman, Selina Kyle, Harvey Dent
Batman: The Man Who Laughs -- Introduces the Joker
Batman: The Long Halloween - Origins of Two-Face
Batman: Dark Victory - Origins of Robin

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
A friend wants to get into Batman, what stories do yall recommend besides snyder/morrison/king/tynion
Pretty much all of the evergreen books are good:
Year One
Long Halloween+Dark Victory
The Dark Knight Returns
Mad Love

Batman Adventures, the one based off of TAS, is very good too.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
EPolGFhWoAAEELo

Pym taking Ls from the grave.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Never forget that DC protected and promoted one of its editors despite multiple accusations of workplace sexual harassment. All of his victims left the company, but DC kept Berganza for 25 years. Everyone knew. No one did anything.

www.buzzfeednews.com

The Comics Giant Behind Wonder Woman Is Accused Of Promoting An Editor After Women Accused Him Of Sexual Harassment

At least two female employees at the publishing giant DC Comics accused a top editor of trying to forcibly kiss or grope them. He was promoted anyway. Two years later, he was accused of doing it again.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Never forget that DC protected and promoted one of its editors despite multiple accusations of workplace sexual harassment. All of his victims left the company, but DC kept Berganza for 25 years. Everyone knew. No one did anything.
To be fair, the Esquivel thing got handled pretty quickly. There was no excuse for Berganza chilling at DC as long as he did, though.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
We are family in here. But not all blood is family. Shonen Jumpers and non Shonen Jumpers essentially

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
New thread is up, try not to sex up this one too much.

www.resetera.com

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2020 | Perfect for people that don't understand the complex 3 act structure/have a business degree

The Flash #750 By Williamson, Johns, Moreci, Wolfman, Manapul, Snadoval, Marquez, Hitch, Rossmo and more - Beginning: “The Flash Age”! The story we’ve been building toward since issue #50 comes to a head! While a supercharged Speed Force wreaks havoc on Barry Allen’s life, a new threat appears...

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I just want to point out that DC released solo collections for the BoP movie, and I bought the Huntress one, but the Black Canary one is a complete collection of her entire solo series from 2015, and it's pretty good. So I'd recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.