• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Reading Wonder Woman and I have one question: what the fuck happened to Cassie.

Introduction, #105:
UkXqtgo.jpg

Later, in the 130s:
bzrBAfA.jpg

By 147:
ojouwr8.jpg

Her creator John Byrne leaves, suddenly someone new takes over and she goes from androgynous to bombshell. Worth nothing, this feels intentional, as Byrne introduces a friend of Cassie's who goes by the name of George, and she is an equally androgynous young black teenager.

IJj4tPJ.jpg

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Deleted member 60729!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (United States) Nintendo Switch (United States): What Remains of Edith Finch

1 gift from Ahsoka

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Deleted member 60729!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Deleted member 60729 said:
Reposted to increase the duration of the giveaway.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (United States) Nintendo Switch (United States): What Remains of Edith Finch - Won by tim1138 tim1138 (3 entries)

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
the sin Peter committed that he's buried deep and barely remembers, huh? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I can't take this teasing until #50, it's gonna kill me.

Also Amazing Mary Jane has to be the cheesecakiest book Marvel is putting on the shelves right now.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
It's a gorgeous book. It's oversized so Allred's art really gets to shine, but not so big that it's a pain in the ass to read. I can't recommend it enough.
I would've ordered it already if it wasn't $30. IST doesn't have it, so I'm going to try holding off to get it with my credit card reward points. I'm glad it's oversized for that beautiful Allred work.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Batman #86 is off to a good start. I like the idea of Bruce building the city with his own designs and connections . However, Tynion's run being rumoured to be a fill-in worries me, I would like the new status quo to last a bit longer than that

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Batman #86 is off to a good start. I like the idea of Bruce building the city with his own designs and connections . However, Tynion's run being rumoured to be a fill-in worries me, I would like the new status quo to last a bit longer than that

Wait, for real? I really, really hope that's not true, dude deserves to have a nice long run if that what he wants. And some of the things laid out today are pretty interesting.

Foofaraw

Oct 25, 2017
Cap needs writers who hate America, not American history nerd Snyder.
I know someone made this joke, but Tim King. Working for the CIA and liking Captain America seem diametrically opposed.

DC could literally have a new initiative where they say "hey, in 2020, we decided all our comics should be bad and unappealing", and I would still buy all the ones written by Grant Morrison, Tom Taylor, Mark Russell, and the other people I like, and chances are good that I would like those comics.

I truly believe that, so I'm completely unfazed by the concepts behind all of these big editorial initiatives.
This is the best way to read comics. I don't pick up books by people I've not heard of without someone I trust vouching for the quality. Or trade wait. Too little time to read bad books ruining your favorite characters.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
My Simpsons-a-day calendar apparently has every Wednesday as "Comic Book Wednesdays". I'm okay with this.

Might do a Steam giveaway every so often here, especially with Humble Choice now being a thing.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
It was cool seeing that not only did ASM and AMJ release on the same day, but they took place on the same day in-universe. Guess they'll be tying together pretty closely once she gets back to New York.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Seems like I didn't miss too much skipping the 2099 arc in ASM, I liked #37, especially the bits with MJ. The new macguffin future device is also actually interesting.
New mutants is back to space stuff finally, and lord I love bobby. This issue wasn't as funny as the previous 2 space issues though
Immortal Hulk is just Bennett flexing with the monsters. Those splashes look goddamn amazing
Rogue is finally back in excalibur, and the plot threads seem to be converging. Interested to see what happens next since especially with the final page

Wait, for real? I really, really hope that's not true, dude deserves to have a nice long run if that what he wants. And some of the things laid out today are pretty interesting.
It's only a rumour, I'm hoping he has more time too

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like I didn't miss too much skipping the 2099 arc in ASM, I liked #37, especially the bits with MJ. The new macguffin future device is also actually interesting.
New mutants is back to space stuff finally, and lord I love bobby. This issue wasn't as funny as the previous 2 space issues though
Immortal Hulk is just Bennett flexing with the monsters. Those splashes look goddamn amazing
Rogue is finally back in excalibur, and the plot threads seem to be converging. Interested to see what happens next since especially with the final page

It's only a rumour, I'm hoping he has more time too

You'll probably want to at least check out the 2099 trade when it drops because there's Symkaria/Chameleon/Teresa plot threads that will 100% be brought up later, probably not till after #50 though.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Hey uh, I don't know much about Magik

Was she always as horny as she was in the latest New Mutants? Maybe horny isn't the word but you get the meaning
Or is this the Krakoa effect?

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Still no power since yesterday's quake in PR. Was hoping my workplace's power generator would be working to charge my stuff but it's not working.
That's awful man, hope you all are safe. My dad is safe over there, just got some damage to his roof apparently. Rest of my family seems to be ok too.

May 24, 2019
I was pretty blah on the new Batman. The Joker epilogue is just lifted from the opening to The Dark Knight!
15 issues might be enough.

I didn't actually hate Tony Daniels' art this time. I liked all the distinct face shapes. That seems new for him.

edit: I kinda want a Batman without his internal narration.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Was she always as horny as she was in the latest New Mutants? Maybe horny isn't the word but you get the meaning

No, but she was super weird after her return from death. I can't remember the details.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017

She hasn't had any interest in anyone since she came back in the 2000s, iirc except her relationship with Leah in Secret Wars. Her 80s version was portrayed as kind of a boy-crazy teen girl though. Probably just Hickman "humor".

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I like the new direction Tynion is taking Batman. Interested in where it goes.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
R*senberg's interpretation of Magik was that she's gay, but moreso asexual (if I'm using that term correctly) which seems pretty in line with how she was handled for years. So I don't really know what Hickman's doing, unless being on Krakoa makes everyone horny.

Status
Not open for further replies.