• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys think of Rogues new costume in Excalibur. I think it's a nice mix of the old and new bits. Probably my favourite redesign for X-Men along with Pirate Kitty.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
before we put this page behind us I would like to say, as a final word: Rogue is still trash

Legit didn't see this post before my next post. 😂😂😂😂

Here's an X-Men ranking. This is my personal view on the current books.

Marauders
X-Force
Excalibur (love the art)
X-Men
New Mutants
Fallen Angels

None are actively bad outside of Fallen Angels. The rest are enjoyable to great. New Mutants is wierd. I like the Brisson issues but hated the Hickman ones. I wish the book was Adventures like the Brisson issues but I know some disagree with this.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys think of Rogues new costume in Excalibur. I think it's a nice mix of the old and new bits. Probably my favourite redesign for X-Men along with Pirate Kitty.
Yea I love it. But all of the characters look great with this artist. Especially Gambit.

Capt. Brittan Betsy is still my favorite redesign though. At least without the helmet lol. They need a better headpiece for her to wear.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I love it. But all of the characters look great with this artist. Especially Gambit.

Capt. Brittan Betsy is still my favorite redesign though. At least without the helmet lol. They need a better headpiece for her to wear.

I love his Rogue and Betsy so much. I do not like the helmet lol

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Generally, the issues we tend to have here is that comics are a finite thing. A publisher can only put out so many books a month, and the speculation is if you're doing 3 Spider-Man and 3 Wolverine books a month, then you're potentially wasting 4 slots that could go to the best goddamn Living Lightning or *insert your fav here* book.

But the reality is that Marvel and DC are businesses, and they'll likely make more money doing Spider-Man, Spider-Man Again, Spider-Man's Girlfriend, Kid Spider-Man, and Spider-Woman, rather than doing Spider-Man and five original books. So, in the end, those people are sort of correct. Assuming pay is roughly the same regardless of book, you want to put your creative teams on the stuff that gives the best return.

Folks should praise their respective deity that Runaways or Wonder Twins continues to be published, because that's only out of the last shred of kindness in a publisher's heart. Or keeping a book alive for the optics of it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone picking up this Metabarons slipcase thing? Ive heard of The Incal, but this is the fist im hearing about Metabarons. It sounds like something I would really enjoy, but I dunno if I need the giant size slipcase edition.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest problem with DC is it lives into it's namesake, and it sometimes feels like the house batman built, and higher ups only know of Batman

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts vouched for. Now on to She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. Also so far pretty good. Damn Dreamworks Animation killing it with these Netflix shows. She-Ra, Kipo, fucking Voltron (which was goddamned awesome). Disney+ has an arena to challenge (and not with a goddamned KH anime).
before we put this page behind us I would like to say, as a final word: Rogue is still trash
No
Generally, the issues we tend to have here is that comics are a finite thing. A publisher can only put out so many books a month, and the speculation is if you're doing 3 Spider-Man and 3 Wolverine books a month, then you're potentially wasting 4 slots that could go to the best goddamn Living Lightning or *insert your fav here* book.

But the reality is that Marvel and DC are businesses, and they'll likely make more money doing Spider-Man, Spider-Man Again, Spider-Man's Girlfriend, Kid Spider-Man, and Spider-Woman, rather than doing Spider-Man and five original books. So, in the end, those people are sort of correct. Assuming pay is roughly the same regardless of book, you want to put your creative teams on the stuff that gives the best return.

Folks should praise their respective deity that Runaways or Wonder Twins continues to be published, because that's only out of the last shred of kindness in a publisher's heart. Or keeping a book alive for the optics of it.
This is what I was trying to say
My biggest problem with DC is it lives into it's namesake, and it sometimes feels like the house batman built, and higher ups only know of Batman
In that case, I'd like a good Robin solo. How was Son of Batman a ways back? The Damian solo?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I wanna say thanks again to everyone in this thread. Last year you gave me a place to socialize and made me laugh a ton when I couldn't be with my friends. I really am grateful that I have a place to joke around and have fun like this. When I go back to Japan, I'll be happy to show any of you around if you ever make it over!

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
See, that's much better than Adam Strange Again. Person of color for the contrast.
My guy Mr. Terrific is finally getting some love. I actually really liked that confession King gave Holt in HiC despite hating the event overall so I'm kinda hyped. I just hope that this means they'll keep publishing Terrifics because Yang is killing it.
Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts vouched for. Now on to She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. Also so far pretty good. Damn Dreamworks Animation killing it with these Netflix shows. She-Ra, Kipo, fucking Voltron (which was goddamned awesome). Disney+ has an arena to challenge (and not with a goddamned KH anime).

No

This is what I was trying to say

In that case, I'd like a good Robin solo. How was Son of Batman a ways back? The Damian solo?
It's honestly baffling that Robin doesn't have a solo. I thought Robin: Son of Batman by Gleason was enjoyable.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I wanna say thanks again to everyone in this thread. Last year you gave me a place to socialize and made me laugh a ton when I couldn't be with my friends. I really am grateful that I have a place to joke around and have fun like this. When I go back to Japan, I'll be happy to show any of you around if you ever make it over!
EAr61UsUwAIkYcb.jpg

It's honestly baffling that Robin doesn't have a solo. I thought Robin: Son of Batman by Gleason was enjoyable.
Like I mean, Tim Drake and Damian have been the only Robins to ever have solos. Dick and Jason have only had them as Nightwing/Agent of Spyral and Red Hood. Well Dick had Year One, but as far as ongoings go.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Comixology has sales to check out by the 20th and 23rd. The big 2 I'm going to spot both ending by the 20th are DC's Tynion sale and Dynamite's Red Sonja sale. We've all talked about that good Tynion shit enough and any lurkers that pop in here should know that if you want some goodass DC shit and/or the Batman/TMNT crossover books, this is the sale.

Gail Simone's Red Sonja is the main reason I'm spotting the other. Fantastic book beginning to end. One of Gail's best books, in fact I'd probably put it above her Wonder Woman for me.

EDIT: IMMORTAL MEN ONLY EVER GOT 2 ISSUES BEFORE CANCELLATION AND THEY HAVE THE AUDACITY TO COLLECT THAT AND SELL IT AT A FULL PRICE?!

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Is there a consensus on Hellboy's long-form plot vs. the short stories? Because there's something that's just not clicking with me about the main book - just reached the Wild Hunt.
From what I understand, most people start enjoying it a lotmore after The Wolves of Saint August, but you're wayyy past that point.

hugs

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone picking up this Metabarons slipcase thing? Ive heard of The Incal, but this is the fist im hearing about Metabarons. It sounds like something I would really enjoy, but I dunno if I need the giant size slipcase edition.

If you end up liking the book, you will love the slipcase edition because I can imagine Gimenez's work looking that much more beautiful.

(I personally love The Incal and have the oversized slipcase for that but I don't see myself re-reading the Metabarons so skipped that.)

Deleted member 60729

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 20, 2019
789a048ec5ae9c1b5b3cd7fe3a1666a9.gif

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna drink whiskey with you in Japan, dogo-san.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: IMMORTAL MEN ONLY EVER GOT 2 ISSUES BEFORE CANCELLATION AND THEY HAVE THE AUDACITY TO COLLECT THAT AND SELL IT AT A FULL PRICE?!
That was the Age of Heroes book I was the most interested in too lol. It had the coolest bunch of characters that I had never heard of with some really neat designs. Hell, Challengers looked cool too. At least the Terrifics lasted longer than anyone ever expected.

Have any of the New Age characters shown up again since their book's ended? Besides of course characters that were already appearing before their books, or Silencer and Sideways.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Sejic is giving away Sunstone : Mercy free. It's new reader friendly and is awesome.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
New HC and TBP releases this week in the Direct Market! I'm probably going to pick up the Batman Black & White Omnibus. It's been out on Amazon for forever, but I'm managed to hold off for that IST 50% off.

HC

• Amys Diary HC Vol 03 Moving On
  • Batman Black & White Omnibus HC
  • Bob Marley In Comics HC
  • Brina The Cat HC GN Vol 01 Gang Of Feline Sun
  • BTVS Season 11 Library HC Vol 01
  • Catherines War HC GN
  • Fantagraphics Studio Ed HC Ed Piskor
  • Girl Genius Second Journey HC Vol 05 Queens And Pirates
  • Gudetama Love For The Lazy HC
  • Mad With Joy HC
  • Moorcock Lib Hawkmoon HC Vol 02 History O/T Runestaff (Res)
  • Octavia Butler Parable Of The Sower HC GN
  • P Craig Russell Selfish & Other Stories Fine Art HC
  • Runaway Princess HC GN
  • Tamba Child Soldier HC GN
  • TMNT Ongoing (IDW) Coll HC Vol 10
  • Transformers Vol 01 World In Your Eyes HC

TPB

• A Letter To Jo TP
  • Agents Of Atlas Complete Collection TP Vol 02
  • Aoharu X Machinegun GN Vol 16
  • Archie Modern Classics TP Vol 02
  • Batman And The Outsiders TP Vol 01 Lesser Gods
  • Beastars GN Vol 04
  • Birds Of Prey Harley Quinn TP
  • Black Lagoon GN Vol 11 (Mr)
  • Blake & Mortimer GN Vol 26 Valley Of Immortals Pt 2 Arm Meko
  • Brina The Cat GN Vol 01 Gang Of Feline Sun
  • By Night TP Vol 03
  • Captain America Sam Wilson Complete Collection TP Vol 01
  • Catherines War GN
  • Cells At Work Code Black GN Vol 03
  • Children Of Whales GN Vol 14
  • City GN Vol 07
  • Comics Ad Men GN (Net) (Mr)
  • Dungeon Of Black Company GN Vol 04 (Mr)
  • Fake Empire Dlx TP
  • Final Fantasy Lost Stranger GN Vol 04
  • Forever Maps GN
  • Girl Genius Second Journey GN Vol 05 Queens And Pirates
  • Gold Digger TP Frederal Reserve Brick
  • Gretel TP
  • Hatsu Haru GN Vol 10
  • High School Prodigies Have It Easy Another World GN Vol 06 (
  • Horimiya GN Vol 13
  • Huntress Origins TP
  • Im Not Popular GN Vol 15
  • Im Standing On Million Lives GN Vol 05 (Mr)
  • In Pieces Someplace Which I Call Home GN (Mr)
  • Invisible Woman TP
  • Ironheart TP Vol 02 Ten Rings
  • Ive Been Killing Slimes 300 Years Maxed Out GN Vol 01
  • Jugheads Time Police TP
  • Justice League International TP Book 01 Born Again
  • Levius Est GN Vol 02
  • Lucifer TP Vol 02 The Divine Tragedy (Mr)
  • Magika Swordsman & Summoner GN Vol 12 (Mr)
  • Miraculous Tales Ladybug Cat Noir TP S2 Vol 10 Bugheads
  • Miraculous Tales Ladybug Cat Noir TP S2 Vol 11 Skating Ice
  • Murcielago GN Vol 13 (Mr)
  • My Monster Secret GN Vol 19
  • Necromancers Map TP Complete
  • No Guns Life GN Vol 03
  • Nurse Hitomis Monster Infirmary GN Vol 10 (Mr)
  • Nyankees GN Vol 05
  • Overlord Undead King Oh GN Vol 02
  • P Craig Russell Selfish & Other Stories Fine Art S&N Ed
  • Punisher Kill Krew TP
  • Resonant TP Vol 01 (Mr)
  • Road Of Bones TP
  • Rose Of Versailles GN Vol 01
  • Runaway Princess Sc GN
  • Saga Of Tanya Evil GN Vol 09
  • Sailor Moon Eternal Ed Vol 07
  • Scooby Doo Team Up Its Scooby Time TP
  • Sera & Royal Stars TP Vol 01
  • Seven Deadly Sins GN Vol 36
  • Solar Flare TP Vol 03 Sarasota
  • Spring Rain GN
  • Star Power GN Vol 04
  • Star Wars Legends TP Forever Crimson
  • Stranger Things Zombie Boys Vol 01
  • Street Fighter V TP Vol 02 Rise Up
  • Theth Tomorrow Forever GN (Mr)
  • Toilet Bound Hanako Kun GN Vol 01
  • Valkyrie Jane Foster TP Vol 01
  • Way Of The Househusband GN Vol 02
  • X-Men Milestones TP Onslaught
  • X-Statix Complete Collection TP Vol 01
  • Zo Zo Zombie GN Vol 06
  • Zombillenium Banded Set

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Got the Snyder Justice League Deluxe in the mail today! Wasnt going to until we got confirmation that they would finish out the run in this format lol.

I was really curious to see what this new paper was like. I like how much thicker it is, but I do miss the glossy look of the old style. Jimenez's art looks soo good on glossy paper. The colors just pop more imo. But otherwise, its a great deluxe edition.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
New HC and TBP releases this week in the Direct Market! I'm probably going to pick up the Batman Black & White Omnibus. It's been out on Amazon for forever, but I'm managed to hold off for that IST 50% off.

HC

• Amys Diary HC Vol 03 Moving On
  • Batman Black & White Omnibus HC
  • Bob Marley In Comics HC
  • Brina The Cat HC GN Vol 01 Gang Of Feline Sun
  • BTVS Season 11 Library HC Vol 01
  • Catherines War HC GN
  • Fantagraphics Studio Ed HC Ed Piskor
  • Girl Genius Second Journey HC Vol 05 Queens And Pirates
  • Gudetama Love For The Lazy HC
  • Mad With Joy HC
  • Moorcock Lib Hawkmoon HC Vol 02 History O/T Runestaff (Res)
  • Octavia Butler Parable Of The Sower HC GN
  • P Craig Russell Selfish & Other Stories Fine Art HC
  • Runaway Princess HC GN
  • Tamba Child Soldier HC GN
  • TMNT Ongoing (IDW) Coll HC Vol 10
  • Transformers Vol 01 World In Your Eyes HC

TPB

• A Letter To Jo TP
  • Agents Of Atlas Complete Collection TP Vol 02
  • Aoharu X Machinegun GN Vol 16
  • Archie Modern Classics TP Vol 02
  • Batman And The Outsiders TP Vol 01 Lesser Gods
  • Beastars GN Vol 04
  • Birds Of Prey Harley Quinn TP
  • Black Lagoon GN Vol 11 (Mr)
  • Blake & Mortimer GN Vol 26 Valley Of Immortals Pt 2 Arm Meko
  • Brina The Cat GN Vol 01 Gang Of Feline Sun
  • By Night TP Vol 03
  • Captain America Sam Wilson Complete Collection TP Vol 01
  • Catherines War GN
  • Cells At Work Code Black GN Vol 03
  • Children Of Whales GN Vol 14
  • City GN Vol 07
  • Comics Ad Men GN (Net) (Mr)
  • Dungeon Of Black Company GN Vol 04 (Mr)
  • Fake Empire Dlx TP
  • Final Fantasy Lost Stranger GN Vol 04
  • Forever Maps GN
  • Girl Genius Second Journey GN Vol 05 Queens And Pirates
  • Gold Digger TP Frederal Reserve Brick
  • Gretel TP
  • Hatsu Haru GN Vol 10
  • High School Prodigies Have It Easy Another World GN Vol 06 (
  • Horimiya GN Vol 13
  • Huntress Origins TP
  • Im Not Popular GN Vol 15
  • Im Standing On Million Lives GN Vol 05 (Mr)
  • In Pieces Someplace Which I Call Home GN (Mr)
  • Invisible Woman TP
  • Ironheart TP Vol 02 Ten Rings
  • Ive Been Killing Slimes 300 Years Maxed Out GN Vol 01
  • Jugheads Time Police TP
  • Justice League International TP Book 01 Born Again
  • Levius Est GN Vol 02
  • Lucifer TP Vol 02 The Divine Tragedy (Mr)
  • Magika Swordsman & Summoner GN Vol 12 (Mr)
  • Miraculous Tales Ladybug Cat Noir TP S2 Vol 10 Bugheads
  • Miraculous Tales Ladybug Cat Noir TP S2 Vol 11 Skating Ice
  • Murcielago GN Vol 13 (Mr)
  • My Monster Secret GN Vol 19
  • Necromancers Map TP Complete
  • No Guns Life GN Vol 03
  • Nurse Hitomis Monster Infirmary GN Vol 10 (Mr)
  • Nyankees GN Vol 05
  • Overlord Undead King Oh GN Vol 02
  • P Craig Russell Selfish & Other Stories Fine Art S&N Ed
  • Punisher Kill Krew TP
  • Resonant TP Vol 01 (Mr)
  • Road Of Bones TP
  • Rose Of Versailles GN Vol 01
  • Runaway Princess Sc GN
  • Saga Of Tanya Evil GN Vol 09
  • Sailor Moon Eternal Ed Vol 07
  • Scooby Doo Team Up Its Scooby Time TP
  • Sera & Royal Stars TP Vol 01
  • Seven Deadly Sins GN Vol 36
  • Solar Flare TP Vol 03 Sarasota
  • Spring Rain GN
  • Star Power GN Vol 04
  • Star Wars Legends TP Forever Crimson
  • Stranger Things Zombie Boys Vol 01
  • Street Fighter V TP Vol 02 Rise Up
  • Theth Tomorrow Forever GN (Mr)
  • Toilet Bound Hanako Kun GN Vol 01
  • Valkyrie Jane Foster TP Vol 01
  • Way Of The Househusband GN Vol 02
  • X-Men Milestones TP Onslaught
  • X-Statix Complete Collection TP Vol 01
  • Zo Zo Zombie GN Vol 06
  • Zombillenium Banded Set
X-Statix Complete collection!

Also, that Buffy Season 11 LE is coming from BOOM! lol. I wonder if they are going to reprint the previous seasons. Looks like they have some TPBs coming, but they are starting with the older DH stuff, set during Season 3 :(

Also, Also, the latest TMNT IDW collections are have seriously lacking in the main TMNT book. Ever since volume 7 they have started only having like 3 or 4 issues of the main ongoing. Think im going to just start getting the tpbs for the rest of the series.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Only if you promise we go to a soapland first.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
You coulda seen that coming a mile away with DC. They always regret promising shit lol. Can't believe they did it to Morrison though.

So I guess it's 5-6 issues or 10?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like there is going to be a Ex Machina movie. They are calling it The Great Machine though since there is already a movie with that name. Wonder if BKV is involved in any way.

Never finished the book. Thought it was pretty boring at the start.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
From what I understand, most people start enjoying it a lotmore after The Wolves of Saint August, but you're wayyy past that point.

hugs
That's so cute. Hugs!
I wanna drink whiskey with you in Japan, dogo-san.
Yes! I know a couple really chill, classy bars in Tokyo. Or, we could go to a metal bar called Deathmatch in Hell. There are great options. I never go to bars in America, because they never seem worth it to me.
Only if you promise we go to a soapland first.
Oh, jeez. I have come to terms with the fact that despite ethical concerns I have, there could be acceptable places for people to visit. It still isn't something I could do personally. I'm sure they're all run by yakuza, and I worry about some of the women working there. Though I have seen documentaries with women who really do want to do the work there, and they make bank.

I put too much thought into your joke.
I learned soapland from Aizo.
Doing God's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.