• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
VvP17Hh.jpg

dclocn7.png

wuzs75M.jpg

cZIh6tr.jpg

Wonder Woman #750 By Ayala, Superstar Marguerite Bennett, Garcia, Hale, Loveness, Orlando, Rucka, Simone, Tamaki, Casagrande, Doran, Merino, Picolo and more - An all-star 96-page celebration of the Amazon Princess by longtime favorites and acclaimed new voices! In the lead story, Wonder Woman's epic "Year of the Villain" battle comes to a close, leading the way to new challenges ahead. Additionally, this oversized gem tells tales from Diana's past, present and future by some of the greatest storytellers in the business— including Colleen Doran, Mariko Tamaki, the Teen Titans: Raven team of writer Kami Garcia and artist Gabriel Picolo, and legendary Wonder Woman creators returning to the character, including Gail Simone and Greg Rucka!

Batman #86 By Tynion, S. Daniel, Miki - It's a new day in Gotham City, but not the same old Batman. With Bane vanquished and one of his longtime allies gone, Batman has to start picking up the pieces and stepping up his game. Batman has a new plan for Gotham City, but he's not the only one. Deathstroke has returned as well, under a mysterious new contract that could change everything. Beginning a whole new chapter in the life of the Dark Knight, the epic art team of Tony S. Daniel and Danny Miki are joined by new series writer James Tynion IV!

Superman : Heroes #1 By Bendis, Fraction, Houser, Rucka, Maguire, Lieber, Perkins and more - Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, the staff of the Daily Planet, even the Justice League—their lives all changed when Superman revealed his secret identity to the world! This unique Superman experience explores what the identity of Clark Kent meant to those close to him—and what their relationship to Superman will be in the future. All the rules are about to change—and it all starts here.

Daphne Byrne #1 by Marks, Jones - In the gaslit splendor of late 19th-century New York, rage builds inside 14-year-old Daphne. The sudden death of her father has left her alone with her irresponsible, grief-stricken mother—who becomes easy prey for a group of occultists promising to contact her dead husband. While fighting to disentangle her mother from these charlatans, Daphne begins to sense a strange, insidious presence in her own body...an entity with unspeakable appetites. What does "Brother" want? And could she even stop him if she tried?

Batman / Superman #6 By Williamson, Marquez - The Secret Six may have met their match when they faced the combined might of Superman and Batman, but don't count these infected heroes out yet. With the Batman Who Laughs freed from his prison at last, the clock is ticking for the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel to track down the escaped Deathbringer, Sky Tyrant, King Shazam, Scarab, and the most tragic to Superman...his cousin Kara.

Catwoman #19 Joelle Jones Yall… all of it - The fight between Catwoman and Raina Creel turns personal, as the Creel goons descend on the pawn shop. Their target? Catwoman's right-hand man, Carlos. If your opponent has better weapons than you, it makes sense to take out the supplier. Especially when you have a new enforcer coming into town to put the hammer down.

The Flash #86 By Williamson, Duce - The Flash battles Captain Cold for the last time! The Rogues' Reign is a brutal battle for power over Central City, but the tides are turning and the reign approaches a deadly end! With the Speed Force in chaos, can Glider help channel Flash's powers long enough to overthrow her brother, Captain Cold?

Green Lantern : Legacy By Le, Tong - Twelve-year-old Tai Pham lives in the apartment above his grandmother's store, where his bedroom is crammed with sketchpads and comic books. But not even his most imaginative drawings could compare to the colorful adventure he's about to embark on. When Tai inherits his grandmother's jade ring, he soon finds out it's more than it appears. Suddenly he's being inducted into a group of space cops known as the Green Lanterns. Meanwhile, his neighborhood is being overrun by some racist bullies, and every time he puts pen to paper, he's forced to realize that he might not be creative enough or strong enough to uphold the legacy of his ba. Now Tai must decide what kind of hero he wants to be: Will he learn to soar above his insecurities, or will the past keep him grounded?

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy #5 By Houser, Melo - Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy have had it up to here with the Floronic Man's attacks, and now they're ready to bring the fight to him. The only problem is...they don't know where to find him! So they seek out the help of Batwoman—who's hesitant to believe in the good intentions of former villains. Will Harley and Ivy convince Batwoman that they can be trusted in time to save their own skins from the Floronic Man?

Justice League #39 By Snyder, Jimenez - In the wake of the Justice/Doom War, the Justice League finds themselves stranded at the far end of the universe and facing a challenge they've never faced before. But what will they find on their journey? Has their battle with Perpetua had consequences reaching farther across the cosmos than they ever imagined? Superstar scribe Scott Snyder says farewell to the Justice League with a special story that both winds down all the things he started in issue #1—and nods toward everything that comes next in the DC Universe.

Justice League Dark #19 By Tynion, Martinez, Fernandez - It's Wonder Woman versus Circe in an all-out brawl for the fate of the magical world! Does the Justice League Dark stand a chance against their evil counterparts? Maybe, but one of our heroes will have to make a deal with their greatest enemy to secure a power that could turn the tide of this Witching War! Will it be enough? Find out in the thrilling conclusion to this tale!

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #7 By Fraction, Lieber - The doctor will see you now, Jimmy...and you, Jimmy, and you, and you, annnd you, too, Jimmy! How can there be five different Jimmy's, and how will our Jimmy handle keep the other four Jimmy's together without bursting into smithereens? Well, to answer that, Jimmy will first have to us about your mother. And what about your brother Jamie and sister Janey? Ah, yes, but how does that make you feel, Jimmy?

marvelqii7t.png

V7vpLcJ.jpg

JrRGoXf.jpg

Thor #1 By Cates, Klein - The prince is now a king. All Asgard lies before Thor, the God of Thunder. And after many months of war, the Ten Realms are finally at peace. But the skies above the Realm Eternal are never clear for long. The Black Winter is coming. And the God of the Storm will be powerless before it.

Guardians of the Galaxy #1 By God King Al Ewing, Cabal - Once, they were a team of misfits. Now they're a family, and they've earned their peace. But the universe is not a peaceful place -- and it's only getting worse. The Great Empires are in turmoil. The rule of law is dead. And amidst the chaos, the Gods of Olympus have returned -- harbingers of a new age of war, reborn to burn their mark on the stars themselves. Someone has to guard the galaxy - but who will accept the mission? And will they survive it?

Iron Man 2020 #1 By Slott, Gage - The future is now! Artificial Intelligences presents a clear and present danger to humanity and must be brought to heel! The Robot Rebellion battles for the establishment of robot rights! And Arno Stark IS Iron Man!

Captain Marvel : The End #1 Thompson, Carnero - Fifty years ago, Carol Danvers went into the deepest reaches of the cosmos to spread peace and justice and she hasn't seen a familiar face since! Whatever happened to the planet she once called home?

Miles Morales : The End #1 By Ahmed, Scott - Humanity makes its last stand in the only place strong enough to survive: BROOKLYN. Former Spider-Man, Miles Morales, leads the last bastion of civilization into the future!

Dr Strange : The End #1 By Williams, Andrade - The Sorcerer Supreme makes his final journey through a cyberpunk sprawl that forgot about magic!

Star #1 By Thompson, Pina - Ambitious reporter Ripley Ryan rocked New York City when she became the hero STAR, adored by everyone. But in truth she was Dr. Minerva's attempt at a Kree-human Super-Soldier. Desperate for the strength to control her own destiny, she tried to kill Captain Marvel — and failed. Ripley was left, defeated and powerless, in the Raft...or so she thought. The Reality Stone has found her, and now no prison can hold her. You thought you knew what the Infinity Stones were capable of. Think again.

Marvel's X #1 By Ross, Krueger, Bee - David has a problem. He lives in a world of monsters that would love to devour him. He's the last boy on Earth. The last human being on Earth. And these creatures that see him only as prey, they're his former neighbors. He has one hope: to get to New York. To get to where Captain America and the rest of the heroes are. Alex Ross and Jim Krueger combine their abilities with artist Well-Bee to tell a very uncanny prequel to the legendary EARTH X trilogy.

New Mutants #6 By Brisson, Flaviano - A simple visit to check in on old friends in the human world has gone wrong—dangerously wrong. With innocent lives on the line, Armor and the other young mutants have their hands tied... but escaping without collateral damage looks increasingly impossible.

X-Force #6 By Percy, Cassara - First, Domino and Forge have to pick up the pieces as the team faces a major setback! Then, Beast takes matters into his own hands when a piece of new technology threatens the safety of the nation.

Hawkeye : Freefall #1 By Schmidt, Ro$enberg - When a mysterious and ruthless new Ronin starts tearing a destructive path through the city, suspicion immediately falls on Hawkeye, but Clint has more to worry about than who's wearing his old costume. After a clash with the Hood ends badly, Hawkeye gives himself a new mission that will place him in the crosshairs of one of New York's most dangerous villains. Hawkeye's mission and Ronin's secret plans will set them on a collision course that only one of them will walk away from.

Immortal Hulk : Great Power #1 By Taylor, Molina - When Bruce Banner wakes up in the middle of the night without the Hulk, he thinks he's finally free. But the Hulk is immortal — and the night's not over yet. If you thought he was dangerous in the body of mild-mannered Bruce Banner, wait till you see him now. Peter Parker is a man with the proportional strength and agility of a spider, capable of lifting trains on his bad days. And he's about to get a big, green power-up — with a temper to match.

image7weal.png

24w8Z2W.jpg

Deadly Class #44 By Remender, Craig, Boyd - "BONE MACHINE," Part Five Finals are here but Marcus' plans haven't gone as expected. Quite the opposite. While he was making plans for Kings Dominion, Master Lin was making plans for him. The fifth and final issue in the "Bone Machine" story arc promises many unexpected and shocking events.

Death or Glory #9 By Remender, Bengal - Glory's caravan continues to eat up the miles in their race against the clock—and the gang of body snatchers, unscrupulous surgeons, and crooked cops on their tail.

Middlewest #14 By Young, Corona , Beaulieu - Nicolas Raider is a hard man with a keen eye who recognizes the raw talent, work ethic, and leadership qualities that Abel possesses. Always looking to better his operations, Raider tempts Abel with a chance at a different life

Monstress #25 By Liu, Takeda - The long-dreaded war between the Federation and Arcanics is about to explode as secret peace negotiations are threatened and the Old Gods conspire. Now, Maika must choose her next steps: will she help her friends, or strike out on her own?

Pretty Deadly : The Rat #5 By Kelly Sue, Rios - Clara speaks.

Sex Criminals #26 By Fraction and Cherp Derzky - • THE SERIES? It's back. • JON AND SUZE? Also back. • THE BANK? MUST BE TAKEN DOWN. • THIS ARC? THE LAST. Gasp! • BULLET LISTS? How do you turn them off in Microsoft Word The highly anticipated return of the #1 New York Times bestselling humor/romance series SEX CRIMINALS kicks off its final story arc. Praised for its emotionally compelling characters, taut storytelling, and comedic genius, Time Magazine called it "the best comic of the year" upon launch. Since its debut, SEX CRIMINALS has garnered coverage from such mainstream media outlets as Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, NPR, and The Washington Post and won multiple awards. SEX CRIMINALS follows the adventures of Suzie and Jon—a couple who discover they can stop time when they have sex. This final chapter sees the reunion of writer MATT FRACTION (NOVEMBER, Hawkeye) and CHIP ZDARSKY (THE WHITE TREES, Daredevil). Select praise for SEX CRIMINALS: Eisner Award-winning Best New Series Harvey Award-winning Best New Series #1 New York Times Bestseller #1 Amazon Bestseller: Literary Graphic Novels Entertainment Weekly's Must List Publishers Weekly Bestseller Rolling Stone's "The 50 Best Non-Superhero Graphic Novels" List "Delightful and VERY not-safe-for-work." —NPR "A precision-tuned screwball comedy on its surface, and that surface is gorgeous, thanks to ZDARSKY's ace sense of design and inventive color technique." —TIME Magazine "An honest, heartfelt story about relationships that was more John Hughes than John Holmes." —USA Today "ZDARSKY's fluid, brightly hued artwork is dense with smutty gags, but this is a deeper, more understated comedy than it initially seems." —The New York Times "Wildly imaginative, randy and true…ZDARSKY's staging, storytelling, and character designs make this even crazier. Great fun!" —Miami Herald

banner71jbv.png

VgvltNJ.jpg

Demon Slayer Vol 10 By Koyoharu Gotouge - Despite some comic misunderstandings that almost blow their cover, Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu smoke out Daki, a demon that has been devouring the residents of the entertainment district for years. The Hashira Tengen Uzui and his ninja companions engage Daki, but if they cannot handle her, will Tanjiro and his friends be able to take on one of Kibutsuji's Upper-Ranked demons by themselves?
Dr Stone Vol 9 By Inagaki, Boichi - It's the final showdown between the Kingdom of Science and the Tsukasa Empire! Senku and his allies are ready to steal back the miracle cave, but the entire operation hinges on the first 20 seconds of battle! Which will lead humanity into the future-science or strength? The fateful countdown starts now!
Kaguya Sama : Love is War Vol 12 By Aka Akasaka - Will Shirogane ever admit to his insignificant but seemingly infinite lack of nonacademic talents? And what of the other student council members? Are any of them willing to see themselves objectively? Then it's time for the school culture festival, which harkens back to a legend of ancient personal sacrifice that inspires the present-day students...symbolically, at least. Plus, a student council arm wrestling competition, balloon animals and a flashback episode to Shirogane's first awkward weeks as an outsider at Shuchiin High. Cosplay makes the woman.
The Promised Neverland Vol 13 By Shirai, Demizu - Emma, Ray and her large new family find themselves up against a new enemy, fellow humans. Armed intruders have ambushed the shelter and driven the children back out into the dangerous wilderness. Yugo and Lucas have stepped up to fight, but will it be enough?
Beastars Vol 4 By Paru Itagaki - As gray wolf Legoshi continues to grapple with his feelings for dwarf rabbit Haru, he discovers another member of the Drama Club is friendly with her too. But just how friendly...? Meanwhile, someone else is developing feelings for Legoshi. And Bengal tiger Bill is threatening to reveal some disturbing truths about someone's past...
No Guns Life Vol 3 By Tasuku Karasuma - When his investigation into the Gondry murders hints at the possibility of another killer, Juzo faces some uncomfortable questions. What is the emotional and psychological cost of having most of your body replaced with cybernetic Extensions? What does it mean to be a living weapon? What if the people who created you realized they had made a mistake? The answer is different for every Extended, including Juzo. As his medication wears off and his control begins to slip, he closes in on the truth. Facing the ugly reality may require suppressed power Juzo would rather not have.

YhnAhvs.png

-If you must post a spoilery panel or a page from a manga (recent or otherwise), please link to them with a proper spoiler warning.
-Please at least allow one week before posting unmarked spoilers.
- Use common sense when it comes to older spoilers. Its easy to use a spoiler tag and has the same effect.
-Announcements/Solicitations are not spoiler worthy, no need to tag
- Don't spoiler tag images, it doesn't work on mobile so its not reliable.
-MARK YOUR SPOILERS

Last edited:

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
The Birds of Prey one shot got pushed out to March. So a month after the movie. Clearly a well thought out project.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This must have been in my blind spot when reading the solicits, wth is this?

iLpl0YG.png

As is the whole ranking system. They should have some real stakes with prmotion/relegation.

Is immortal hulk a one shot or a continuation of the on going?

Lots of things to get this week interested in all The End one shots and Star and the usual X-Men stuff.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Don't sleep on Dr Strange : The End #1. It's reuniting Leah Williams and Filipe Andrade who did that Dr Strange and Magik one shot where she became Sorcerer Supreme

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
8:25 PM here and I'm home sick. Hope all of yall have a safe one, but party extra hard for your pal SpaceSong. Love you nerds. <3

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
So many #1s! Maybe I'll warm up to reading DC even though outside of Batman and I suppose Wonder Woman, I have no idea where to branch out to. I suppose Shazam, the stuff Mark Russel, and Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen. But Lieber being on that hurts as a fan of The Fix which is on hiatus. That series isn't coming back for a while on account of Nick Spencer being busy with The Amazing Spider-Man. I've been surprised by Marvel so I'll be keeping a close eye on anything Cates writes.

I'll have to see what small publishers have in the pipeline like Boom, Dark Horse, Oni Press/Lion Forge, and IDW. But I've been pleased with their output. Any way, I'm hyped to see Monstress return even though the current arc has been frustrating to follow pacing wise. But in Liu, Takeda, and Wooton I trust.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Have a happy New Year, everyone! I'll try and get the Top 10 out tomorrow!

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
3 hours till the decade ends here

I think the first book of 2020 I read will be.... Thor. I'm going to try to keep better track of the media/art I consume this year to actually be able to put together a "best of the year" list this time.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I thought 2020 would finally be a year without comics.

I started Witcher 3 on Switch. I have no time for comics.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Happy New Year. Happy new thread.

thanks TeenFanSub and Messi.

also how did you people rave about JL so much and it is low in votes. And Daredevil too.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I hope to read more comics in 2020. I really fell behind on reading in the last half of 2019, and I hate that.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realise there was a CMX sale on for image... Bought the books to catch up on...

Wicked + the Divine
Paper Girls
Monstress
Sex Criminals
Lazarus
Deadly Class
East of West
Middlewest
Isola
Criminal
Rumble
Die

Wanted to buy.. Post Wiebe Rat Queens the art looks great... Anyone reading this still? I love those characters even if I can't ever forget the other stuff. Should I buy?

Just a few issues into catching up on these books and it hits me how much I love reading good image books. I dropped image almost completely for a good while as I burnt out from reading so much marvel and DC. I just never wanted to read anything else. I cut loads of books from the other two and I'm trying again with image. I forgot how good some of those classic image books are.

East of West is magic. McKelvie and Wilson need to be praised for Wicked Div even if I don't understand what's going on at all in these final 20 issues. Every Laura and or Sakhmet panel is magic.

Also did I miss any of the good shit.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
JL peaked at the Sixth Dimension. I've enjoyed it but everyone since then has been an obvious extended prelude to his next event. I rolled my eyes when one or two of the "Forces" just happened to get unlocked off-panel to set up this last arc lol

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
JL peaked at the Sixth Dimension. I've enjoyed it but everyone since then has been an obvious extended prelude to his next event. I rolled my eyes when one or two of the "Forces" just happened to get unlocked off-panel to set up this last arc lol
Which force? I dont remember.

Yea this latest arc hasnt been that great. Just feels like its been dragging its feet for too long, which has also made the ending feel like its taking forever while also not doing much.

BUT, Sixth Dimension and the Lex/Martain Manhunter one off were some of the best issues ive read all year.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Horikoshi-san wishes everyone a happy new year. Only the best Shonen Jump master

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Image doesn't really publish many big titles anymore do they? A lot of their stuff ended and they couldn't replace those books.

I like how Indy books just got straight-up replaced with Shonen Jumps now. At least Beastars made the cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.