• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
That Marvel stream announced a new Nightcrawler book by Hickman

xmengsnightcrawler2020001_cov.jpg
im gonna cry like a baby

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
In certain areas, I've read a ton. But I'm severely outclassed by a lot of people here when it comes to DC of just about any time period.

Y'all read way more new comics than I do. Some of those I'll catch up to some day, others I never will.

It's funny that I actually read fewer comics now that comics have diversified more and have more things that speak to me. But I think it's just that I can find things that are for me with so much less digging now. I'm getting what I want with less work.
the beauty of refined tastes. i'm struggling with that and video games in recent years. knowing i should play all manner of games (and still doing my best to) while knowing in advance how boring or bad it's going to be.

Deleted member 60729

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 20, 2019
the beauty of refined tastes. i'm struggling with that and video games in recent years. knowing i should play all manner of games (and still doing my best to) while knowing in advance how boring or bad it's going to be.
The bigger an investment something is in terms of time and money, the pickier I am about what I get involved with.

I will watch damn near any movie you put in front of me, because they're such a minimal commitment, with unlimited potential for what I can get out of them.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nightcrawler isn't a new book. The giant sized book just changes characters each issue.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nightcrawler isn't a new book. The giant sized book just changes characters each issue.
oh snaps. i didn't even notice it was a giant-size. that makes sense then.

what other characters are missing from ongoing x-men stories that seem likely for a giant-size?

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There are twelve dawn of X ongoings now and planned (if you include giant sized). One of them is ending so if you leave out the one shot series it's ten books.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Barbara Gordon calling Blockbuster, as her own assistant, to bail out Dinah who Blockbuster currently sent to Gorilla City and thinks is Oracle AND Black Canary, is quite possibly one of my favorite things.

I wouldn't have said Metal or Joker's new face

I would've said DC Rebirth and Dawn of X/House of X.

Also, I realize it's just Big Two, but if it was outside of Big Two, The Walking Dead ending should've probably been on there.
This shit is gonna be stupid but fun

EOPuncmUwAIbRH1
I

What?
What's the count of X-books that we're on now? Cause it feels like we're approaching 20.
X-Men
Marauders
Excalibur
X-Force
New Mutants
Wolverine
ThunderXbolts aka Hellions
Cable
X-Factor
The book with X-23, Darwin, and Synch that's using the one last X team name that I can't remember

Cancelled:
Fallen Angels

So no more than 10 at a given time, but Wolverine hasn't dropped yet despite having been announced since the beginning of the Dawn of X stuff.

Deleted member 60729

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 20, 2019
Wasn't there a Coates/Bartel Storm thing that never happened? Or did it happen and I missed it? Or was I high when I thought there was ever a thing in the first place?

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
dangit i can't find the rumor about the new storm comic i saw just recently. did find this cool storm commission tho.

Oct 25, 2017
Barbara Gordon calling Blockbuster, as her own assistant, to bail out Dinah who Blockbuster currently sent to Gorilla City and thinks is Oracle AND Black Canary, is quite possibly one of my favorite things.

I wouldn't have said Metal or Joker's new face

I would've said DC Rebirth and Dawn of X/House of X.

Also, I realize it's just Big Two, but if it was outside of Big Two, The Walking Dead ending should've probably been on there.

I

What?

X-Men
Marauders
Excalibur
X-Force
New Mutants
Wolverine
ThunderXbolts aka Hellions
Cable
X-Factor
The book with X-23, Darwin, and Synch that's using the one last X team name that I can't remember

Cancelled:
Fallen Angels

So no more than 10 at a given time, but Wolverine hasn't dropped yet despite having been announced since the beginning of the Dawn of X stuff.

I don't think Fallen Angels was canceled (based on the sales stuff posted here it seems like it was selling very well), Hill just stepped off the book because of Hollywood stuff and being spread too thin.

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wish DM covers were in my budget but in order to collect I have to go by the standard ones.

But I did get the variant and the standard for HOXPOX.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite comic periods are the second half of the 90s and early 00s. BUT, they are also some of the worst times lol.

Basically everything after Onslaught for Marvel. This period at Marvel has some of their best books imo. Especially with the switch to digital coloring, the art gets a huge improvement.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact: JJ Abrams' Spider-Man outsold every X-book outside of X-Men proper

Irrefutable evidence that JJ Abrams needs to take over the Dawn of X

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
THfl9Im.png

yeah! hype! omnibus day! wait oh god something's gone wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.