• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2019
Literally every Black Label comic since Damned has been good. Most of the kids/teens OGNs too.
Did anyone pick up Green Lantern Legacy? I think it came out physical last week.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Its gonna be Patton Oswald so I'll at least give the pilot a shot.
Yup. I think with him it has the potential for greatness. He loves comics. I wish they'd give Scott Auckerman a show already.
Didn't ya'll like DCEASED, though? I only read the first issue so I don't know much about it.
I can't wait to read it once it's collected. The man managed to make a D.C. edgelord fantasy into a legit great comic so I trust him.

Is Marvel seriously releasing 3 X-Men books on 1/19? I still don't trust Marauders will be out tomorrow yet but that still seems crazy. I just finished Telltale Batman Season 2. I thought it was pretty great and it bums me out that Wolf Among Us is getting a sequel instead of this. I particularly liked how they handled Harley until the very end when she went from being the Joker dom to the sub. Disappointing. Even so, it was a pretty interesting non cannon Batman story.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Actually thanks! I had no idea Amazon Prime was streaming Discovery until you mentioned that! Watching now. No one wants a premium CBS lol

Honestly I'm so over streaming services. Netflix gets Ghibli except for the US that's on HBO Max. Harry Potter isn't gonna be on HBO Max, NBC has that on lock for Peacock. Just a fucking mess. Cable 2.0

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm so over streaming services. Netflix gets Ghibli except for the US that's on HBO Max. Harry Potter isn't gonna be on HBO Max, NBC has that on lock for Peacock. Just a fucking mess. Cable 2.0
Agreed. I don't know why major networks like CBS and NBC need a streaming service of their own. Without Star Trek, no one would give a shit about All-Access. That Twilight Zone reboot was awful.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Bendis's Daredevil in the mail today. This is by far the best thing ive read Bendis write. He doesnt seem to have any of his bad habbits yet lol.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Same. I'll get ad Peacock but all I need is ad Hulu and Netflix. Disney + for now because I need to finish Rebels and new season of Clone Wars soon. I also like watching classic Disney to sleep.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got Bendis's Daredevil in the mail today. This is by far the best thing ive read Bendis write. He doesnt seem to have any of his bad habbits yet lol.

Mine arrived today too finally!

Anyone know how vital Kevin Smiths run is prior to it? I'll gladly jump on CMX if it helps as I know nothing of Daredevil beyond S1 of Netflix.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Silver Surfer: We must warn the Avengers that Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet and is threatening all existence.

Also Silver Surfer: The Rhino is letting animals out of the zoo and a cop shot a tiger!

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
This Summit #1-#4 comic was not bad! The Catalyst Prime 'event' comic seems rather familiar though. I think I've read something that ties into this but for the life of me can't remember what it was.

Edit: I remember! It was the first trade of Astonisher which wasn't bad either. Maybe I should track down the other series in this event.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Mine arrived today too finally!

Anyone know how vital Kevin Smiths run is prior to it? I'll gladly jump on CMX if it helps as I know nothing of Daredevil beyond S1 of Netflix.
Just what happens to Karen (Matt's long time love interest). I wouldnt recomend reading it, even though I really enjoyed it for the most part. Just really wordy.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
So I've heard good things about Yang's run on the Terrifics, but then it turns out the first volume of his releases in May, 10 months after the release of the last issue in the collection. DC pls.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I legit forgot the Hulu Marvel toons wasn't axed once Feige snapped his fingers.

Last edited:

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Infinity Gauntlet! Still one of Marvel's best events. Canucked No Depth, thank you for encouraging me to read the Silver Surfer stuff alongside the main Infinity Gauntlet mini. Was absolutely worth it. Explored Silver Surfer's backstory in a really meaningful way while also dabbling in quite a few other side-stories related to the Infinity Gauntlet. My Starlin experience is pretty limited, but I'm super impressed.

I'm going to finally dive right in to the Infinity War omni. Hopefully, I'm not going to miss too much, skipping the other tie-ins to Infinity Gauntlet that I didn't read. Anything y'all would say is important to know that wasn't in Silver Surfer or the main Infinity Gauntlet mini?

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just starting my omnibus but I gotta quickly mention how awesome it feels to be reading an oversized hardcover instead of a TPB or a digital. No hate, I still read a ton of digital and some TPBs as necessary. Still good stuff. But there really is something magical about reading an oversized book with great quality color, thick pages. There's so much detail and depth. Maybe it's just me.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Infinity Gauntlet! Still one of Marvel's best events. Canucked No Depth, thank you for encouraging me to read the Silver Surfer stuff alongside the main Infinity Gauntlet mini. Was absolutely worth it. Explored Silver Surfer's backstory in a really meaningful way while also dabbling in quite a few other side-stories related to the Infinity Gauntlet. My Starlin experience is pretty limited, but I'm super impressed.

I'm going to finally dive right in to the Infinity War omni. Hopefully, I'm not going to miss too much, skipping the other tie-ins to Infinity Gauntlet that I didn't read. Anything y'all would say is important to know that wasn't in Silver Surfer or the main Infinity Gauntlet mini?

Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did!

I do recall reading the Infinity Gauntlet Aftermath trade next, which notably bridges 'Gauntlet' with 'War'. At minimum it includes the first issues of 'Warlock and the Infinity Watch', which is literally a continuation to the event. I know the middle portion of that run is part of the War Omni, but you may want to read the first 6 or 7 issues the Omni doesn't include but are collected in Gauntlet Aftermath(or an Infinity Watch trade).

I don't recall anything else parrallel that is worth checking out. The War Omni is chock full of tie-ins, a LOT of which don't feel that additive, but the core stuff is fun. Not quite as strong as what you already read, but I still had a good time and am still hoping a Crusade Omni gets announced to finish out that epic.

Oh and IIRC, the War Omni is collected weird. In that it throws the whole event at you upfront in its first pages, and THEN provides all the tie-ins in chronological order. So you already know what happens and are then filling in the gaps with added detail. I was back and forth on that decision while reading. On the one hand, I disliked already knowing the story and getting a few scraps of bonus story beats after the fact(like a thousand pages of it!). On the other hand, there are SO MANY tie-ins included that you can literally drown yourself in a bunch of nonsense between each core chapter of the actual event that would ruin the pacing had they spaced out the actual event issues. So they probably did the right thing.

Last edited:

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did!

I do recall reading the Infinity Gauntlet Aftermath trade next, which notably bridges 'Gauntlet' with 'War'. At minimum it includes the first issues of 'Warlock and the Infinity Watch', which is literally a continuation to the event. I know the middle portion of that run is part of the War Omni, but you may want to read the first 6 or 7 issues the Omni doesn't include but are collected in Gauntlet Aftermath(or an Infinity Watch trade).

I don't recall anything else parrallel that is worth checking out. The War Omni is chock full of tie-ins, a LOT of which don't feel that additive, but the core stuff is fun. Not quite as strong as what you already read, but I still had a good time and am still hoping a Crusade Omni gets announced to finish out that epic.

Oh and IIRC, the War Omni is collected weird. In that it throws the whole event at you upfront in its first pages, and THEN provides all the tie-ins in chronological order. So you already know what happens and are then filling in the gaps with added detail. I was back and forth on that decision while reading. On the one hand, I disliked already knowing the story and getting a few scraps of bonus story beats after the fact(like a thousand pages of it!). On the other hand, there are SO MANY tie-ins included that you can literally drown yourself in a bunch of nonsense between each core chapter of the actual event that would ruin the pacing had they spaced out the actual event issues. So they probably did the right thing.
ahh, cool cool. thanks for the heads up about the warlock leads-ins and teh infinity war ordering. i'll def have to look into it tomorrow. cheers!

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
You know what's a really good movie that still holds up? Atlantis The Lost Empire. How was that a critical and box office failure? I don't understand. Anywways, Ewing's Guardians dropping tomorrow, I feel like I should burn through his Rocket Raccoon series right quick.
Please, if I can't have kyle and wally give me alan and jay
Jay Garrick: The best Flash.

Yeah I said it.

Yo! That U.S. Agent costume looks soooo good. Which movie is this for?

EDIT: Oh, its for the Falcon and Winter Soldier series. This is going to be good.

Man they need to do John Walker real right.
When are are getting zero Jokers? That's what I'm waiting on.
Joker Corps War
Bendis' best work for me will always be his Jessica Jones stuff. Jessica Jones is a great cap to the trilogy with her character development and the tone. Some genuinely chilling stuff with the Return of the Purple Man arc. The Pulse was a great concept for a series within the Marvel universe and came at a time where Marvel seemed to be doing some very experimental stuff. I mean, it's basically a Daily Bugle series, which is why Action Comics is as good as it is since that's basically a Daily Planet series. Then you have Alias which I think is just a phenomenal work of character driven arc-to-arc story telling.

Daredevil is fantastic, but it's a fantastic superhero story, whereas those other stories are something else all together. I also loved his Defenders series. That was a great action series.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
You know what's a really good movie that still holds up? Atlantis The Lost Empire.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.