• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frank Quietly faces - Potato, Not Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Not Potato

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
The more I read about Marauders, the more I am interested, so hey maybe I will actually jump in on a X-Men book.

This is from this last Uncanny series? JFC that is a lot of deaths lol.

Some is War of Realms, but yes, it was pretty dire.

Oh please, it's trashy, but it's hardly the worst thing outta x-men.

Even this decade.

Death of X. Inhumans vs. X-Men.

Let's put it this way. I looked up "X-Men 2016" in Google. This was the fourth result: Why Are Marvel's X-Men Comics So Terrible Right Now?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for all 12 weeks of Hick-Men to come out so I don't have to read anymore hype tweets about it

unless they're going to start doing that shit for the mainline book

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My wife has been getting into comics for a few months lately (Capt marvel, spider-gwen, faith from Valiant comics), and both sides of my family are big comic fans, so I finally decided to buy my first comic.

Hickman's Secret Wars.

Did I make a mistake? Haha, I have a decent understanding of 90% of the characters and know of the ultimate universe but I'm very lost. Will everything be mostly explained in this? I just got past

Sinister and Braddock's fight infront of god emperor doom.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
My wife has been getting into comics for a few months lately (Capt marvel, spider-gwen, faith from Valiant comics), and both sides of my family are big comic fans, so I finally decided to buy my first comic.

Hickman's Secret Wars.

Did I make a mistake? Haha, I have a decent understanding of 90% of the characters and know of the ultimate universe but I'm very lost. Will everything be mostly explained in this? I just got past

I think it works as a self contained story pretty well.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Mainline X-Men writers of the 2010, ranked:
1. Kieron Gillen
2. Jason Aaron
3. Brian Michael Bendis
4. Matt Fraction
5. Cullen Bunn
6. Jeff Lemire
7. Ed Brisson, Matthew Rosenberg, and Kelly Thompson
8. Marc Guggenheim
9. Matthew Rosenberg

May 24, 2019

Hickman's Secret Wars.

There's a big lead-up to it from Jonathan Hickman's work on Fantastic Four, Ultimates, Avengers and New Avengers, but since SW tells the story of an alternate world, it can be read on it's own terms. You could go back to the previous work afterwards for a bit more insight.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Haha hey he can do as he likes as far as I'm concerned. I just caught up to the Green Arrow team up issue through the SDCC sales but man, that book is great. There's just nothing like a Morrison book. His voice has it's own rhythm that's completely atypical of your regular monthly Cape book, and Sharp is unbelievable. There's a few shots of Oa where I had to stop and think "how do you even make this so detailed" and right after that I wondered "and how on a monthly schedule". It's fantastic, so I'm totally down for what he has in store.

For sure. I trust him completely and I love Sharp's art. It's killing me waiting for a CMX sale on the first trade. The 60% off DC code doesn't work on it.

Oct 25, 2017
For sure. I trust him completely and I love Sharp's art. It's killing me waiting for a CMX sale on the first trade. The 60% off DC code doesn't work on it.

Ah because it was out in the last month, it didn't included July books. I just used it on the single issues. You could still use the BOGO code on them before it times out in a few hours, unless you want the digital trade specifically?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Hickman's Secret Wars.

Fantastic on its own, phenomenal if you read Hickmans FF and Avenger runs before it

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Ah because it was out in the last month, it didn't included July books. I just used it on the single issues. You could still use the BOGO code on them before it times out in a few hours, unless you want the digital trade specifically?

I just checked and buying the singles is still a lot. I've waited this long and I'm pretty broke. Plus all the SDCC sales destroyed me. I ended up getting all of The Dreaming, Spider-Man books, all the recent Justice League trades, the entirety of Lucifer and nearly all of Mike Carey's X-Men so I've got plenty to read lol

....and I've got House/Powers of X and Bad Gateway the next 2 weeks.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I was for a while, but there was a threshold point where I came to the realization "oh, I'm getting played"

Lotta y'all still aint at that point.

Hey, I haven't bought any of this stuff! I've been waiting for Hickman/another writer worth being excited about since Bendis ended his run, literally.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Have marvel unlimited, feel like my subscription is going to waste but I have an iPad now and I want to read a bit more.
I've liked the mark waid daredevil, the funny Hawkeye(guy), and Batman but that's dc.
What else would I like?

I HATED Ultimated Spider-Man because of the hideous art, but I like the character.

Why should I read?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
The art in Middlewest is so good. Jorge Corona and Jean-Francois Beaulieu are doing stellar work. Skottie Youngs writing is much better here than in Deadpool. Reminds me of a less filthy I hate Fairyland.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Lemire's was bad, but at least it wasnt offensively bad lol. I would say the only bad was that it was just boring really. But I would still take it over Rosenberg's run any day of the week.

Yeah, the past few years has been met with a resounding meh, but credit to him, people talked about Rosenberg's run even if it was mostly in a panic, wondering what the fuck this dude is doing lol

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Have marvel unlimited, feel like my subscription is going to waste but I have an iPad now and I want to read a bit more.
I've liked the mark waid daredevil, the funny Hawkeye(guy), and Batman but that's dc.
What else would I like?

I HATED Ultimated Spider-Man because of the hideous art, but I like the character.

Why should I read?
You can always stick with characters you already know you like. The Bendis / Maleev run on Daredevil is fantastic.

Also give Nextwave: Agents of H.a.T.E. by Warren Ellis a try.

May 24, 2019
What else would I like?

Why should I read?

Read Kelly Thompson Hawkeye(girl). You could also read Jeff Lemire's two short runs which bridge Fraction and Thompson.

Last edited:

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say it's weird how on some of the pages of House of M, that it seems like the bottom panels are cut off? I'm reading on Comixology.

1fb8f27a-a8ff-4adf-9417js8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.