• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frank Quietly faces - Potato, Not Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Not Potato

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Y'know what, we've had two years of "gee whilikers pops, being Superboy sure is the cat's pajamas" kid Superboy, and with Conner graduating to Young Dad Superboy, we need a new Teen Superboy, plus it's the old school Legion thing, you guys should be all about that.
But the point of it was Superboy was young Superman, and the Legion brought him in because he was what inspired the LOSH.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Nah. If I wanted a powerless hero that's somehow better than everyone around him with powers I'd read Batman.

Well, we DID get Old Man Jon in Superboy lol. Also, yes Al Ewing's Avengers was pretty fucking great. And I'd forgotten the Magneto's assassin thing. Man, UXM was awful lol.
We did get Old Man John, but he was like a weird dream or something.

Also people making a big deal about Aaron having Blade join the Avengers but Ewing did it and had him be a legacy with Cage's dad and Blue Marvel in the most 70's blaxploitation shit ever.

Like if you got rid of Land's art, Mighty Avengers would be amazing.

But then every once in awhile you get fill-ins...

4476769-mighty%20avengers%20%282013-%29%20007-011.jpg

Also, the successive runs all had better artists: Captain America and the Mighty Avengers, New Avengers, U.S.Avengers
No, it's Hickman. Nobody is clamouring for Ewing to save comics/their faves every other week.
Ewing does it while no one asks

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
No, it's Hickman. Nobody is clamouring for Ewing to save comics/their faves every other week.

Ewing can't "save" anything. He writes comics that are better than fans deserve, but until Immortal Hulk they didn't sell, so they could be canceled at any moment. Hickman writes good comics that also manage to sell a bunch.

We did get Old Man John, but he was like a weird dream or something.

Also people making a big deal about Aaron having Blade join the Avengers but Ewing did it and had him be a legacy with Cage's dad and Blue Marvel in the most 70's blaxploitation shit ever.

Like if you got rid of Land's art, Mighty Avengers would be amazing.

But then every once in awhile you get fill-ins...

4476769-mighty%20avengers%20%282013-%29%20007-011.jpg

Also, the successive runs all had better artists: Captain America and the Mighty Avengers, New Avengers, U.S.Avengers

I kinda wish we could've gotten more of the Mighty Avengers. That was a good run.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I feel like Bendis is going to handle the Legion roster similarly to how he handled Guardians where he brought in characters like Iron Man, Thing, and Kitty.
The thing with Guardians is that Bendis never really cared about them, and it took editorial practically forcing him onto the book for him to even take up writing duties in the first place. He was very hesitant initially about taking on the book, so he brought some characters over he felt comfortable with to ease in. He claims to be a big Legion fan so we'll see how it plays out here. So far he hasn't put anyone on the team that doesn't make sense, Jon is a natural fit.
I dunno why the expectation is that he'd put popular adult characters in the Legion when has his own Wonder Comics kids to shove in there!
Hey Naomi is on YJ! I'm sure there will be plenty of Bendis OCs for LoSH though.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Black Science Vol 1-

wow. I was sort of blown away by how much I liked this? Loved the art and the worldbuilding, loved how fast paced the storytelling was, I instantly put in requests with my library to get a bunch more
Glad you liked it! It's my favorite Remender Image book
Speaking of Age of X-Man, it looks like its ending next week. Really surprised by how much of a nothing event it actually ended up being lol. I never hear anyone talking about it, besides saying oh yea thats still a thing.
It won't be important in the long run but the minis I've read have been fun so like, whatever

Why on earth was I included? I may love manga, but I honestly know nothing about hentai. You're the one with the idolmaster fetish.
Says the guy who had a job translating hentai :p

Really? Because Kojima seems to have a pretty adolescent take on what female characters are for.
I meant it in the way people idolize him but fair

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Until it became Galactus featuring the Ultimates

At some point Ewing realized no one was paying attention and he had the opportunity to write the ridiculous cosmic story he always wanted to in the six months he had left.

I didn't really enjoy it but I can respect it

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spotlight week list:

BATMAN UNIVERSE #1
EVENT LEVIATHAN #2
WONDER TWINS #6
WONDER WOMAN #74

GIANT SIZE X-STATIX #1

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
At some point Ewing realized no one was paying attention and he had the opportunity to write the ridiculous cosmic story he always wanted to in the six months he had left.

Sure, but I really liked the story he ditched and really didn't care for the story he picked up.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Comics:
Batman #74
Batman and the Outsiders #3
Detective Comics #1007
Event Leviathan #2
Wonder Twins #6
Young Justice #7

Criminal #6

The Amazing Spider-Man #25
Champions #7
Thor #15
Venom #16
Says the guy who had a job translating hentai :p
No! They took me off smut last year! I translate articles with musicians instead of manga now. It wasn't hentai that I translated before; it was ecchi, which is hentai for cowards.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How was the end of the first Young Justice arc? The age world stuff? I stopped reading the book around the third issue, but I've still been picking it up lol.

Gunna miss that Gleason art.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
The first issue of U.S.Avengers had the whole cool "I'm an American citizen and here's why and what that means to me" interviews in it.
0Kz9Yv3ZraBk5hnoDnNzHXGld2nXIcIHxQBZr5as9ldOsoQa8P7MF0i6TfgklcMxkKxso_0D5YfMUSa6gewARseuDHao1HWaNzvY8XXavD4Zar_gAP74vhdnv6NF4WG1Nd3suw=s0

And this one
09.jpg

Wish I could find all of them. Super good book that ended on a bit of a dull final arc but a touching final note.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Then that got ruined and became irrelevant so that Galactus can eat a planet he can easily destroy but status quo after Ewing was done making a fuck status quo story

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The first issue of U.S.Avengers had the whole cool "I'm an American citizen and here's why and what that means to me" interviews in it.
0Kz9Yv3ZraBk5hnoDnNzHXGld2nXIcIHxQBZr5as9ldOsoQa8P7MF0i6TfgklcMxkKxso_0D5YfMUSa6gewARseuDHao1HWaNzvY8XXavD4Zar_gAP74vhdnv6NF4WG1Nd3suw=s0

And this one
09.jpg

Wish I could find all of them. Super good book that ended on a bit of a dull final arc but a touching final note.

Having read so much New Mutants & Gen X lately, I really love the Guthries. What a great family.

when my daughter is old enough to go to the movies, Feige will be making x-men movies again. they really didn't have access to their best women, i can't wait to see what they do with true A listers.

I kinda hope Kitty Pryde is rocking Lockheed again in HoX/PoX. I know hes got a family now.

when did that happen?

KineAg62

May 8, 2018
Bendis is going to have a phenomenal run on LOSH. It shall go down as one of the best LOSH runs of all time. All of you just wait.

I'm sure it'll be an OK run at least.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
All im sayin is Bendis better be putting his all into Legion. If it gets cancelled again, after this long, itll be decades before we get another one lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.