• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Frank Quietly faces - Potato, Not Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Not Potato

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KineAg62

May 8, 2018
This been posted yet?

It's about damn time. Missed them more than the legion.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, love me some Jorge Jimenez

Fuckin Bendis man.

Last edited:

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I just saw some of the new LSH character designs on Bleeding Cool. I love them. Isn't this new LSH supposed to be set 100 years after the one we know? That could easily mean it's a brand new team with the same/similar powers to the originals but all new looks. Would make sense they hook up with Jon rather than Clark at that point.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Cant believe you guys got Psychbat banned lol. Cant see the gif, so dont know how bad it was.

Man, I am just loving Olivier Coipel's art in The Legion so much.

cNIL53M.png

PGkoGOy.png
Its so good.

i am excited to read it all. i don't know how much x-force i will have time for, though.
Thats ok. Its a great run, but you can totally go back to it at any point. Messiah War will catch you up, but if you are pressed for time, War is the only one out of the three that can be skipped if need be.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Damn. X-Men really is the best soap opera comics. I'm really glad I read The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix before Messiah Complex, it really made that ending hit hard as hell.

I guess having an infant daughter makes me super emotional about these things, too.

Thats ok. Its a great run, but you can totally go back to it at any point. Messiah War will catch you up, but if you are pressed for time, War is the only one out of the three that can be skipped if need be.

Thanks. I need to take inventory of what my next few weeks look like. I kind of want to finish Second Coming before HoX/PoX drop.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
All caught up on Venom and the Web of Venom stuff, ready for Absolute Carnage. Considered skipping the War of the Realms tie-in stuff but honestly it didn't need a ton of knowledge to read and the issues with the dream crystal thing were actually sort of fun! It does feel like the pacing of the series grinded to a halt a bit though. Loved the first arc but it really does feel like spinning wheels in some respects.

I think reading mainly in trades when I was a wee lad sort of obfuscated the issues with massive crossover events and the effects they have on storytelling. It does seem like there are more events now than there were in the past though........ or is that just nostalgia goggles?

Hickman X-Men will be the Death Stranding of comic books.

X-Men is gonna be awesome but I don't think it will be the greatest piece of art ever created by humankind so no

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

Never heard of it, y'all ever read it? Some of the panels I saw off Google make it seem pretty interesting.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Need a shift away from manga. Can anyone recommend some fantasy and sci-fi graphic novels that are non-cape stories?

No Saga, No Sex Criminals. Quirk is good too.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Metal Gear Solid V is the second best game of the series, behind only MGS2. Facts only

anyway are there any good comics podcasts?

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Need a shift away from manga. Can anyone recommend some fantasy and sci-fi graphic novels that are non-cape stories?

No Saga, No Sex Criminals. Quirk is good too.

I read a bit of Red Sonja by Gail Simone and enjoyed the first arc so much I went back and started reading the earlier Dynamite runs(grabbed a bunch of the trades on a CMX sale) though only read a few issues, its good fantasy adventure.

Same for the Dark Horse Conan run by Busiek. Still need to read through it all, but the early issues impressed me. Marvel is re-issuing this run as epic collections now, so that is currently the only way to get them on CMX I think.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't snitch, but we are in the spotlight and I warned him about the gifs before and y'all mocked me

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
"Mild NSFW content" got him a ban? I thought the gif was funny. Somebody snitched.

We are in the spotlight, mods must be paying closer attention.

I thought we were done with those painfully unfunny FilthyFrank gifs, apparently not.

I didn't snitch, but we are in the spotlight and I warned him about the gifs before and y'all mocked me

I remember writing a script at the old place so I could block gifs in comicgaf threads...

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
We are in the spotlight, mods must be paying closer attention.

I thought we were done with those painfully unfunny FilthyFrank gifs, apparently not.

I remember writing a script at the old place so I could block gifs in comicgaf threads...

Can you write a script that blocks comic talk? It'd be fairly useless in here but it'd be nice to have

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Did he have a history of bad gifs or something? I mean a cyclops avatar says it all.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Dini's Heart of Hush. That was awesome. If your a fan of the Bruce and Selina relationship its really worth checking out. Just know that it takes places right before Morrion's RIP. Onto Streets of Gotham next.

Did he have a history of bad gifs or something? I mean a cyclops avatar says it all.
Not really, at least not since the last spotlight lol.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

i already own x-force so i was like 'let me read one issue while i have downtime between meetings'

damn i might be in it 100%. love religious cult nonsense.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Were the GL issues cut in with the main series? It'd be super quick at the end if you weren't reading those.
Brightest Day picks up the revived peeps and White Lantern stuff.

Yeah, they were included. The omnibus features everything related to the event, as far as I know. And the mapping is excellent. I'm guessing I was just jarred by so many of the tie-ins being written early in the timeline. So when it came to actually dealing with Nekron, the lanterns burned through it in just a few issues and the characters from the tie-ins mostly disappeared into the background.

The first time I read Blackest Night I definitely didn't read the tie-ins, so the pacing probably felt a lot stronger since it was just GL, GLC, and Blackest Night.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I read the Raven GN that released last week. I've always been a fan of Raven, so reading Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans to the very end of its run is a painful thing. I feel like she's never been properly utilized. So many stories just rehash the same themes of Trigon, uncontrolled emotions, evil within, etc. I thought this new GN had nothing really terrible (though you can make a case that I feel unfit for regarding stereotypes and voodoo, but that seemed mostly tasteful to my untrained eye), and I bet new readers will like it. I just kinda felt unimpressed. Hopefully it leads to something worthwhile as the team is assembled.
I think we can agree that these are some good gifs.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic Four Grand Design by Scioli is probably the most interested I've ever been in F4

X-cellent should be fun too if only for Allred. Cautiously optimistic on that.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
X-statix was the first revealed series for the marvel 80th project

and that turned into X-cellent

Now lets see if we get a

So there's a possibility of a Claremont/Sienkiewicz New mutants run
Roger Stern/Ron Lim Avengers run
Jim Zub Alpha Flight run

Status
Not open for further replies.