• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frank Quietly faces - Potato, Not Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Not Potato

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Reading the preview for Captain Marvel. Kelly Thompson's run is probably going to be the seminal run.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Reading the preview for Captain Marvel. Kelly Thompson's run is probably going to be the seminal run.

Dy0OuH6WkAEO9JD.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I pretty much agree with everything you say here about Batman Universe and Doom Patrol, but I'm not gonna lie, I had no idea a new Hellboy one shot came out after BPRD ended. The continued employment of Scott Allie and Mignola's refusal to credit others has pretty much excised all that from my brain.

Yeaaa, I feel you on that man. Honestly I grabbed this one because it's Mignola himself, no real doubt on who is the person needing credit in a circumstance like that but I have been super checked out otherwise. I haven't read anything else from the line since BPRD wrapped up. And it's apparently a three issue mini next by Scott Allie....

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
You people STILL talking Comicbooks in here? Wait, nope, avatar genders lol.

I imagine when people see my Gambit avatar, they just assume im a boss

Last edited:

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez. I was searching all through about 8 pages back in the hangouts section to find this thread. I only want to ask this question.

1762438-bathood25tx.jpg

What comic issue is this from?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Some info about Age of X-Man Omega:

Says its not an AU? I know people were guessing that this was all taking place inside X-Man or Legion's head, rather than an actual AU when it first started. Maybe that wont be too far off. The preview says:
As Nate Grey recalls creating this supposed utopia with the help of a Life Seed, he reveals that the Age of X-Man was, in fact, "a whole new plane of existence."
Whatever the hell that means lol

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
That pretty much just means. It's a pocket dimension and everyone has had their minds reworked by Nate.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That pretty much just means. It's a pocket dimension and everyone has had their minds reworked by Nate.

Yeah, doesn't really matter what they call it when the only question that matters is whether or not it'll exist past the end of the issue.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Doing an image search on art by Norm Breyfogle shows some really good stuff. Was he a big deal back then?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Finally saw Far From Home, and man, keep these awesome Spidey films coming. <3 They did such an awesome job with Mysterio, and well it be interesting to see what they do next for Spidey.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that matters is: will we keep good guy Blob and his romance with Psylocke or is Marvel full of cowards

I personally don't like it as it feels weirdly like, "Hey, comic book nerds, if you obsess over and objectify the attractive women around you, maybe it'll turn out that one of them will be emotionally broken enough to fall for it!"

But, that said, Leah Williams did confirm Age of X-Men Blob is sticking around:

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Re-read Immortal Hulk #20 and there's some stuff mentioned at the end that I don't know if it's teases for future plot-points or references to older stories. Can somebody help me out?
  • The horseman of War in his nightmare armor (maybe the run-in with Nightmare in No Road Home?)
  • The steel throne and hulk's awful decision
  • the beast of myth
  • the hulk-that-was
  • the thing in the tube (ghost gamma dude from issue 2??)
  • the thoughtful man

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Re-read Immortal Hulk #20 and there's some stuff mentioned at the end that I don't know if it's teases for future plot-points or references to older stories. Can somebody help me out?
  • The horseman of War in his nightmare armor (maybe the run-in with Nightmare in No Road Home?)
  • the beast of myth
  • the hulk-that-was
  • the thoughtful man

I was trying to figure that out too. There's a few that rang bells but really I have no idea.

Horseman of War is pretty specific - Hulk was briefly one of Apocalypse's Horsemen back in the day. The Steel Throne makes me think of World War Hulk when he conquered Earth briefly. The rest feel kind of vague, though. Like, thing in the tube made me think of that radioactive dude, too, but like - in the past 50 years there must have been dozens of Hulks in tubes. Like, maybe it's Weapon H or something, who knows. Maybe Maestro is the thoughtful man? Or Professor Hulk, even?

My thought is that they're all past "iterations" of Hulk, or maybe past events that "created" the current Hulk, or bad things that have happened because of Hulk. I definitely think they're past events, not teasers, but that's just gut feeling.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
  • the beast of myth
  • the hulk-that-was
  • the thoughtful man
Ewing confirmed those all refer to upcoming storylines

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Super close to finishing the Age of Apocolypse finally. Theres some rough edges here and there, but it still holds up. One day I need to sit down and take a look at all the different AoA versions of characters that I didnt recognize while reading. Theres some really great takes on characters, like Blink and Angel, then theres characters like Dead Man Wade that I just dont like at all lol.

I really dont like X-Man Nate Grey atm. As much of a Cable fan as I am, this guy just sucks so far. In theory, hes a cool idea, but he has no redeeming qualities yet, but im only 2 or 3 issues in to his story. I really dont see why he was deemed popular enough to bring over to the 616 though. Blink I can understand. She was already cool in the Phalanx story, but died in it. So AoA was a great way to bring her back.

Status
Not open for further replies.