• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frank Quietly faces - Potato, Not Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Not Potato

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
What's the final list of dead people?
Blindfold
Chamber
Velocidad
Wolfsbane
Strong Guy
That one magneto Clone
Maybe Juggernaut(but not really)
Dark Beast
The Maurauders
Havok
Multiple Man
Banshee*
Sunspot
Vanisher

* = Was an undead zombie so it's really whatever

Bunch of nobodies and a few New Mutants

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Blindfold
Chamber
Velocidad
Wolfsbane
Strong Guy
That one magneto Clone
Dark Beast
The Maurauders
Havok
Multiple Man
Banshee*
Sunspot
Vanisher

WTF?

They killed Havok and Sunspot!?

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen was a blast, it's pretty much everything I wanted the book to be.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Blindfold
Chamber
Velocidad
Wolfsbane
Strong Guy
That one magneto Clone
Dark Beast
The Maurauders
Havok
Multiple Man
Banshee*
Sunspot
Vanisher

Wait did he
re-kill Multiple Man or was it just some dupes?

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Blindfold
Chamber
Velocidad
Wolfsbane
Strong Guy
That one magneto Clone
Dark Beast
The Maurauders
Havok
Multiple Man
Banshee*
Sunspot
Vanisher

also missing

Warlock (kinda) and Fabian Cortez

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wouldn't the final list of X_X just be added to the list of X_X from Disassembled?

Don't answer that, I am going to read the end of AoX-Man.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The first one, sure. But the 2nd just came outta nowhere lol.

Also, the new preview for HoX and PoX has
Banshee and it looks like Warlock back already so.....
Warlock's not dead, just not sentient.

the preview has a Not zombie Banshee, Zombie banshee died. I doubt that means much of anything

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Blindfold
Chamber
Velocidad
Wolfsbane
Strong Guy
That one magneto Clone
Dark Beast
The Maurauders
Havok
Multiple Man
Banshee*
Sunspot
Vanisher

what the fuck
Sunspot??? He's not gonna be dead for long, if Hickman doesn't bring him back, Ewing will

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Saw some pages from today's Batman on BC.
We really are going to be getting some sort of Crisis soon aren't we. Thought it was way too soon, but I guess they kinda need one to fix the pre/post crisis continuity, and which one people remember.

The BC article guesses that King and Gerards upcoming 12 issue maxi might be it lol. I dunno after how well HiC went over. But if it's not Snyder and Capullo, they would be my next guess.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Hickman instantly bringing back Sunspot is exactly what I was thinking. Obviously he likes the character
Which is why killing him makes no sense to me. If these deaths get fixed pretty much right away, the WTF was the point!?

You finally get to write Uncanny X-Men, with pretty much free reign, and this is what you do?

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hickman is going to

Grow all the currently dead mutants using the plants that have been teased in the previews

But I'm actually not reading all the previews. I'm just being flippant.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
City of Bane is off to a good start after the last few slow issues.

Bane recreating No Man's Land is something I did not expect but is a smart way to deal with other heroes coming in to fuck him up.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Warlock's not dead, just not sentient.

the preview has a Not zombie Banshee, Zombie banshee died. I doubt that means much of anything

Zombie Banshee wasn't his own separate character, though. He was still Banshee, and now he's suddenly alive again.

I really wouldn't expect Hickman to follow up on much from Rosenberg's run, including deaths; Rosenberg did say Hickman didn't give him any instructions, after all. It's already looking like the deaths are going to be undone.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I really wonder if you guys know Hickman, cause that's not his style and yet 'all keep acting like it is.

May 24, 2019
Saw some pages from today's Batman on BC.
We really are going to be getting some sort of Crisis soon aren't we. Thought it was way too soon, but I guess they kinda need one to fix the pre/post crisis continuity, and which one people remember.

The BC article guesses that King and Gerards upcoming 12 issue maxi might be it lol. I dunno after how well HiC went over. But if it's not Snyder and Capullo, they would be my next guess.

Why would we need that? He just has to beat Bane, and that's sure to happen before Batman/Catwoman.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'm waiting on the explanation on why

Mystique, Sabertooth and FUCKING SINISTER are accepted on Hickman's island.

Given you know, they're all irredeemable monsters with no moral compass or code

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Huh. So it looks like Linkara has been doing stuff after all. He just finished a retrospective on Cassandra Cain. It still has a bit of the typical range, but it's far more informative than past videos.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Who will replace Lupacchino 2 1/2 issues into the Birds run. Guillem March would be awesome

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #1:

I really enjoyed this! Very much in line with Fraction's "look at this piece of shit, isn't he great" thing but with a lot of fun pomp and this really over the top presentation that makes it all feel ridiculous. I was dying at the "Superman's Long Distance BFF" header.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanna know what the point of Rosenberg even was. It really feels like they just needed to have an X-book on the shelves.

Banshee comes on to Krakoa in the HOX preview, so the issue has already been either retcon'd or contradicted lol

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Was this posted?

"I think one of the big mistakes that some people make at Marvel Comics is that we are reactive to what they're doing in the Marvel films," Hickman says. "We should not be taking our creative cues from the direction they're taking things in the movies. That kind of defeats the point. They have a billion dollars to play with, and we don't. You can't compete in that matter, and you shouldn't. My argument has been [that] I should always be way out in front of that stuff. All of that stuff is being drawn from source material. It goes back to, are you being destructive or are you being additive? If you're being additive and you're on the big books, it's inevitable that some of that stuff is going to get used. When Marvel films gets around to the X-Men and we've done interesting stuff and they want to use it, that's awesome. If they don't, then they don't. One makes your job expendable, the other one makes you priceless. I like having value to my work."

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanna know what the point of Rosenberg even was. It really feels like they just needed to have an X-book on the shelves.

Banshee comes on to Krakoa in the HOX preview, so the issue has already been either retcon'd or contradicted lol

Money and keeping an X-men book out there. He was a hired hand and put out shit work.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Can we honestly get Guillem March an ongoing. Put him on Harley and move Otto Schmidt to Catwoman. Otto should have been on Birds btw

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I am an X-Men nut and I am a little sick of X-Men. I'm trying to avoid reading about it so I only hear about it here.

Anyway, everyone pick up the Silver Surfer Parable Anniversary Edition!

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
OK, am I getting this right about Hickman's Fantastic Four?

the bit where Reed's father shows up and explains he fought some unnamed machine man for some unknown reason, met near infinite versions of himself and then was forced to play Highlander by some dude called Immortus (who may or may not be Kang, but I only got that through google) is not a recap of other comics? But is explained over the course of two pages?

This is the sort of thing that turns me off about Hickman.

Status
Not open for further replies.