• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Frank Quietly faces - Potato, Not Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Not Potato

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

If it's "every one" then that also includes Akira, which is already pretty long, and then you have everything going back to the 70s. Will this thing be, like, 4000 pages long and weigh three tons or something?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I am just loving Olivier Coipel's art in The Legion so much.

cNIL53M.png

PGkoGOy.png

Oct 25, 2017
I saw Far From Home and wanted some teenage Spider-Man in my life so I started on Ultimate the other day. About 10 or so issues in and really liking it so far. Not sure if there are better teenage/high school stories out there but I'm digging it so far.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Dang. Finally finished my Blackest Night Omnibus and beyond a few cool moments the ending was more of a disappointment than I remembered. I really enjoyed a lot of the build-up but things moved super fast at the end and left a lot of story elements hanging.

May 24, 2019
Dang. Finally finished my Blackest Night Omnibus and beyond a few cool moments the ending was more of a disappointment than I remembered. I really enjoyed a lot of the build-up but things moved super fast at the end and left a lot of story elements hanging.

Were the GL issues cut in with the main series? It'd be super quick at the end if you weren't reading those.
Brightest Day picks up the revived peeps and White Lantern stuff.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
Far From Home is a good Spider-Man, action is better than Homecoming, but overall I liked Homecoming a bit more.

Also finally something happens in My Hero Academia again. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be Endeavor pandering again.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I don't know what that is. But I've been making more use of the Shonen Jump app. I'm almost caught up on MHA, and I started Demon Slayer and Dr. Stone. Not far enough into the latter two to decide if I like them yet.

Weaponised idols fight evil using song powered armour suits. It's absolutely stupid and amazing, one of my favourite animu of all time.

Demon Slayer is a slow start, but very worth it for some cool designs and fights. Dr Stone is just very refreshing and unique, but Boichi art seems to put off a lot of people. MHA feels like it's taking forever on the current arc, but it's still ironically one of the best despite not touching the main kids for like 20+ chapters.

https://files.catbox.moe/zszkxa.webm

Is it better than Precure?
I like both but yes, it does get sillier later on but the first few seasons were quite grim and the heavy focus on music is sick

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Demon Slayer is a slow start, but very worth it for some cool designs and fights. Dr Stone is just very refreshing and unique, but Boichi art seems to put off a lot of people. MHA feels like it's taking forever on the current arc, but it's still ironically one of the best despite not touching the main kids for like 20+ chapters.
  • I actually like the art in Dr. Stone. It's much more detailed than what's in a lot of books.
  • I don't mind MHA being focused where it is right now. The backstories are interesting and nothing could be as dull as that filler after the Yakuza arc.
  • Demon Slayer has the furthest to go to win me over. It feels pretty generic so far. Samurai. Demons. Got it.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
  • I actually like the art in Dr. Stone. It's much more detailed than what's in a lot of books.
  • I don't mind MHA being focused where it is right now. The backstories are interesting and nothing could be as dull as that filler after the Yakuza arc.
  • Demon Slayer has the furthest to go to win me over. It feels pretty generic so far. Samurai. Demons. Got it.
  • Demon Slayer won't win any awards for originality, it's just got great character designs. It's very much a cookie cutter battle shounen but also I love battle shounen because I'm trash
  • Don't get me wrong I like what MHA is doing right now, I'm probably just burnt out from following at least a year of completely mediocre arcs that just kinda got dropped and forgotten about. Love his character designs, but I don't think Horikoshi is the best writer
  • If you like the art then just go for it, Dr Stone is a treat even if you're not into science

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Everyone listen to this person. They know what they're talking about.

If you haven't seen it btw, go watch Granbelm. It's Symphogear without the songs and with giant robots.
I watched the first ep, it's cute but it feels very average so far.

I'll still watch it but just based on the pilot I don't think it'll be anything special

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I go to watch Dr Stone and Fire Force and y'all post like this?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's pretty dope right?
We tried telling you lol.

Messiah Complex, Messiah War, and Second Coming are like a trilogy too. Some of the best X-book crossovers in a long time.

i am excited to read it all. i don't know how much x-force i will have time for, though.

It's kinda weird that Marvel retroactively sorta made them a lead up to AvX.

while i did not read avx itself, i read gillen's uncanny. seeing cyke bring mutants back made me want to go back and see what drives him to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.