• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Frank Quietly faces - Potato, Not Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Not Potato

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Giant-Size X-Statix was a great trip down memory lane. I guess Milligan may still got it. Writing felt sharp like the old series and it was really great seeing some of the old cast again. Allreds killed it as always too, it looked incredible.

I'm really excited to see what they do for X-Cellent. Shame it's so far out though. I can't wait to read it.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Last edited:

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
I know I'm a few pages late but Gurihiru drawing Superman is a bigger deal than Hickman writing the X-men.

My heart is happy.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Reading that thread on The Amazing Spider-Man, I was wondering what you guys thought of Maguire's Peter/Spider-Man. Though I liked those movies a lot when they came out (I was quite young), after rewatching them recently I can't say I enjoyed them too much, and I feel a big part of it is that I don't find Maguire to be a really good Peter nor Spider-Man. Except for the making ends meet part, I think his behaviour and personality don't really fit with his comic book version.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
My biggest takeaway from WOTR Omega is that Valkyrie is gonna have some damn good art

KineAg62

May 8, 2018
Nothing turns me away from an "event" book more than seeing that every issue has a different artist. No thanks.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Micheal Walsh does his own colors in Hammer of Justice and it makes the art even better than normal. The shading he uses is really top notch and creates some wonderful facial expressions. The story was pretty bland in this first issue but I'm all in for the art.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
In hindsight, it was pretty stupid of me to assume no one would have a problem with Superman smashes the Klan

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
I picked up the first issue of Die by Gillen and Hans. I really liked it, the mix of fantasy, mystery and light Horror elements. I'm not sure about the coloring yet, I thought it was at times a bit overdone. I wonder if the book can keep up and the atmosphere of the first issue was an exception like that Millar & Capullo book which turned into pretty standard fantasy after the first issue.

One of the people working at my LCS recommended the first volume, so I probably going to buy it.

Last edited:

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Aizō

Physical editions for Saint Young Men have been announced! Digital are already out.

LLDaZSj.png

jbwqP5L.png

If Cafu is half the artist he was as a footballer it will be gorgeous.

Oh shit, same Cafu?!

I'm sorry it's not the real Cafu.

YsFaEJz.png

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone pick up the Black Hammer/Justice League crossover issue?
Yeah, it's just a sort of set-up issue. Not much happens, but what comes next will hopefully be more interesting. Art's just OK. No spoilers for anything in Black Hammer, so it'll be interesting to see if this is meant to be a new start-off point for new readers.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How does the guided view work for digital comics? Is there some computer system that does it automatically? Does someone go through and check each issue to make sure it's working properly?

Last edited:

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Loki: Agent of Asgard is real silly and dumb but I'm enjoying it. Decided to read it during my lead up to Original Sin and it's definitely a little rough trying to wrap my head around the whole reincarnation thing but it's such a light read. The issue where Loki goes back in time and is blowing up fish with a rocket launcher? That's the good shit

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
How does the guided view work for digital comics? Is there some computer system that does it automatically? Does someone go through and check each issue to make sure it's working properly?

Who knows if its editors from every publisher or just CMX staff, but it's definitely not automatic. You can tell because GV works with books that break from the usual box/grid paneling and books that don't even have defined panels at all.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine it's the former
Who knows if its editors from every publisher or just CMX staff, but it's definitely not automatic. You can tell because GV works with books that break from the usual box/grid paneling and books that don't even have defined panels at all.
Did some googleing lol. Guess CMX came up with the technology, and lets other publishers use it who sell their books on the storefront. Its probably up to them to make sure it reads correctly too.

Wonder if artists had to change things a bit just to make sure it reads properly in guided view. Like not having too crazy of panel layouts, or having to rotate the book as you read like in that infamous New 52 Batman issue.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Funny find. In the new Young Guns Sketchbook #1, they've got a drawing from Mr. Dauterman. "Russell Dauterman draws Storm, one of his favorite heroes, and conceives his own personal design for her." So that's Dauterman's design, eh? How weird, it feels like we've seen it before...

IMG_8598.jpeg
powerofx2019001_cassara_character-decades-var.jpg

Oh, it just happens to be Storm's new costume for Hickman's X-Men.

Last edited:

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's just a sort of set-up issue. Not much happens, but what comes next will hopefully be more interesting. Art's just OK. No spoilers for anything in Black Hammer, so it'll be interesting to see if this is meant to be a new start-off point for new readers.

Where was it set,
back on the farm?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
that Superman Nazi book
Let's not call it that, because it could easily be misconstrued. hahaha. Also, it's KKK—not nazis.
@Aizō

Physical editions for Saint Young Men have been announced! Digital are already out.
You've read it already, yeah? Such a fun book. I'm always glad when something good. becomes obtainable for Western audiences.
Yeah and our Messi is also the famous soccer player
/fraud

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Venom #16: This is what I was sort of worried about with the War of the Realms tie-ins. This storyline with the symbiote gone and the whole Eddie/Dylan relationship feels super rushed with Carnage literally coming next issue. It would've been nice to give this some room to breathe.

Hawkman #14: Figured we would go right into the villain focused stuff here (which really doesn't match the book's overall feel up to this point) but who knows maybe this new blood will jolt up the run a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.