• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Catwoman and Batman tie the knot?

• Yes

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Catwoman absconds with Harley and Ivy

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
If they ever do decide to do lunch be-action Spider-Gwen, they should really cast Lili Reinhart.

ATTENTION: There's a Rogue and Gambit CMX sale

it's hard to go wrong here but I think i'm gonna get the last volume of the 2012 series. I never finished it but it was a pretty good run when Clay Mann was drawing it

Liu's whole Astonidhing X-Men run is on sale here, since Gambit is in that. It's honestly a really great run (with a FANTASTIC Iceman story. Huge recommend from me.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So Amazing Spider-Man #1 is gonna he reboot and new jumpin on point? Does Nick Spencer have a good history with the character? I mean, just the premise of another alien invasion turns me off hard but then I'm on board with a new villain, new room mate, new love interests and anything going back to basics, like a new start.

Liu's whole Astonidhing X-Men run is on sale here, since Gambit is in that. It's honestly a really great run (with a FANTASTIC Iceman story. Huge recommend from me.
Astonishing X-Men is the one I pre-ordered but never got delivered for some reason, so I'm gonna have to buy that one again. Thanks to Serpentine for notifying us on the sale!

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
Lololol.

Was that 2012 Gambit run pretty good? Think I read the first few issues, but don't remember much.
It's decent. Clay Mann elevates it a lot
If they ever do decide to do lunch be-action Spider-Gwen, they should really cast Lili Reinhart.

oh nice, I also didn't finish that! I read up to the wedding and mostly enjoyed it. Didn't know Walta drew the last volume, that should be dope

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So Amazing Spider-Man #1 is gonna he reboot and new jumpin on point? Does Nick Spencer have a good history with the character? I mean, just the premise of another alien invasion turns me off hard but then I'm on board with a new villain, new room mate, new love interests and anything going back to basics, like a new start.

Astonishing X-Men is the one I pre-ordered but never got delivered for some reason, so I'm gonna have to buy that one again. Thanks to Serpentine for notifying us on the sale!
I don't think Nick Spencer has every written a comic with Peter Parker before this.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't be like DC to delay Doom Patrol though.
giphy.gif

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017

You could read Superior Foes of Spider-Man, it's a pretty fun book they'll definitely show up in his run (especially Boomerang). Otherwise you could read the Free Comic Book Day issue which is the first preview of his run.

And I think the Alien Invasion is going to be a one-off thing going by the solicits.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Superior Foes and Spider-man spoilers

the joke is that Boomerang may be telling this whole story to Peter Parker at a bar. Not sure if Peter knew Boomerangs identity before them but he sure does now

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I unironically like the Bendis one the most but I guess it's Ironheart's armor now. Tbh since Slott ain't using it RiRi should get the shapeshifting armor gimmick.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I just read Extremis a week or two ago. I didn't realize people knowing Tony Stark was Iron Man and the technologically advanced Iron Man suits were a relatively recent development. He's having his suit shipped around so it's nearby and all kinds of crazy stuff.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I just read Extremis a week or two ago. I didn't realize people knowing Tony Stark was Iron Man and the technologically advanced Iron Man suits were a relatively recent development. He's having his suit shipped around so it's nearby and all kinds of crazy stuff.

That's why the original IM movie made a reference to the cover story that Iron Man was his bodyguard. I'm not super knowledgable about the comics, but I know that was the case in the cartoon

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Slott's one issue reminded me that I need to finish Busiek's run because of the Stark Solutions drop.
I unironically like the Bendis one the most but I guess it's Ironheart's armor now. Tbh since Slott ain't using it RiRi should get the shapeshifting armor gimmick.
I haven't read much of Riri, but making it a scenario of Tony having a bunch of shit for all the situations, and Riri having one thing for all situations would be a pretty great contrast.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best possible outcome.

I'm still waiting on the other shoe to drop with Bendis' MoS. I'm not sure how I feel about "This guy actually destroyed Krypton", but he's great at nailing the characterization of everyone so far.

I feel like Bendis is doing more then I expected, but this Villian could easily drop the ball since his back story is so weak and so easy to lose my interest.

I'm still pissed about kandor

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

At first I thought, "there's nothing wrong with that dialogue". Then I saw the dab. Whoever wrote that gotta get tf out the writer's room.

I feel like Bendis is doing more then I expected, but this Villian could easily drop the ball since his back story is so weak and so easy to lose my interest.

I'm still pissed about kandor

This villain can't be made sympathetic. It seems like that's a direction he wants to go in, but he's committed genocide and is pretty determined to keep working at that. Zod should punt him into a red sun.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed the X-Men Legacy series is on sale during the Rogue and Gambit cmx sale. Thats one run I really want to read sometime. Loved Age of X and the Messiah Complex-Second Coming events that all happen pretty much while this series is going on. Really been wanting to pick it up. Might have to spend some of my Amazon credit finally lol.

Been thinking about buying the Legion Lost hardcover though damnit....

Did we ever figure out if you can use Amazon credit/gift cards to buy digital comics from Amazon? I know ive asked in the past, just cant remember if anyone was able too. The last time I tried, it always uses my credit card when doing the 1 click buy option (which cant be turned off).

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Finished off Mutant Massacre in my Claremont era readthrough. Actually haven't read any of their series, really, but feels like an... interesting choice... to have Power Pack of all things tie in, haha.

Also, crazy thought: how insane would tackling all the X junk that has been pumped out post-Claremont up to present be? And would Marvel Unlimited be decently equipped for that, or are the gaps gonna be pretty bad? (Like, if some minis and odds and ends are missing, then whatever, but big gaps in any of the main runs would be problematic, I'd imagine.) Not something I'd want to tackle as directly as this Claremont stuff, more something I'd maybe peck at over a long period of time. But going through all this is kind of making me want to keep on rolling through the X-continuity once I finally hit the end. But we'll see how I feel when I'm done, I guess, as I still have a lot to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.