• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Batman marry Catwoman during Tom Kings Batman storyline?

• Yes

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Reading uncanny has me in a constant state of "If you just changed these few things this would bd sensible.

Dark beast is still evil? No fucking duh.

Emma bring an "I can fix this villain" doesn't work when she's THE DIRECT CAUSE if most of the problems.

Jesus christ, Magik. I mean, yeah that is the appropriate response... but jesus christ.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
A few more library pickups.

jCw0elx.png

Not sure why I keep punishing myself by picking up Lemrie and Tamaki works again and again when I haven't really enjoyed them much. (I guess the set-ups just sound interesting).

And he has plenty of fans. On the omnibus Facebook group, practically everyone there always gives super high praise to White Knight. Which is why awhile back it surprised me that it's looked at as one of the worst books ever here.

Be honest VanWinkle. Would you really trust the comic opinions of people collecting omnibuses in 2019?

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When did people turn on King's Batman? After the non-wedding? For a long time I only saw praise.
A lot of people were disappointed with the wedding not happening, but were still on board for a while. The Mr. Freeze jury arc was fairly well received as was the KGBeast one. The dreams stuff dragged on and on with little real sense of forward momentum or payoff, so that was where a lot of people lost faith.

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
Batman was better today. A lot better.

If this is King showing his hand for the massive change he has coming, holy shit that's ballsy and opens up a lot of story opportunities for other writers.

It's blasphemous as hell to resurrect his parents but I'm on board for this ride. Plus you have to ask which Martha Wayne is in that coffin. Is it Bruce's mother or Thomas' wife from his Earth. If it's the latter, holy shit.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
BTW nows a good time as any or remind y'all Frank Miller is writing a Carry Kelly book for DC with Ben Caldwell

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Knight Strikes Again is the ugliest comic book I've ever seen. I had seen panels and stuff around but I (being morbidly curious) decided to flip through it since it's on DCU. Just horrifying.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Batman was better today. A lot better.

If this is King showing his hand for the massive change he has coming, holy shit that's ballsy and opens up a lot of story opportunities for other writers.

It's blasphemous as hell to resurrect his parents but I'm on board for this ride. Plus you have to ask which Martha Wayne is in that coffin. Is it Bruce's mother or Thomas' wife from his Earth. If it's the latter, holy shit.
I read the other night that whatever massive change King had planned might've started in this issue. So you could be right. If what you put in the Spoiler tags is the big change thing though I think that would be pretty dumb, but thats just me.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I read an article this morning about Superman YO. Miller says that hes changing the origin so that Superman would be more relatable to this generation or something lol. To do that he makes it so Superman isnt afraid to use his powers to win over girls, or get ahead.

And about the Seals, Miller wanted him to join the Navy and JRJR took it one step further and said he should join the Seals.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
It's just been completely spinning it's wheels since the wedding. This one finally has a narrative with no flashbacks or dreams or nothing.
It's Flashpoint Batdad carrying Bruce around a desert on a horse, dragging a coffin behind them, fighting desert ninjas while singing Home on the Range. It was fun, and King has totally watched El Topo.
Bellaire is amazing this ish too.
ZrHRGMV.jpg
Wow. This reminds me so much of the latest arc in Berserk.
I have Laura Dean on order, too. I'm excited for that one.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
So apparently baby Clark mind controls Jon Kent into taking him in Miller's Superman?
What the hell

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
Starting Superman Year One.

First reaction? Alex Sinclair and Danny Miki are probably the best thing about this book. It's pretty.

I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as this makes it out to be. It's definitely rough subject matter and handled with the expected grace of Frank Miller but hardly "extended." It's about four panels of dialogue followed by three pages of Clark beating the guys up. For a DC "Black Label" book, I think that's tame.

It's even more tame when you consider that this is Frank "Yellow Bastard" Miller.

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why I keep punishing myself by picking up Lemrie and Tamaki works again and again when I haven't really enjoyed them much. (I guess the set-ups just sound interesting).
Black Hammer post origin stories has grown a little long in the tooth for me, but Quantum Age is probably my favorite of the side stories. Let me know how Laura Dean turns out, I've almost bought it a few times now.

Also, y'all are a whole shed full of tool people.

jjpOIWD.png

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
COMICS!!!|OT| July 2019 | A whole shed full of tool people

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

jCw0elx.png

Be honest VanWinkle. Would you really trust the comic opinions of people collecting omnibuses in 2019?

Quantum Age was my least favorite of the Black Hammer spin offs, and I ended up dropping all those books right around the time that wrapped up.

eldar101

May 12, 2019
The new Superman Year one issue was boring and redundant.
The only books today I can say that I look forward to are MMPR, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Uncanny x-men (yeah, I like Rosenberg) and Life Story.
Daredevil today was boring. the book has no direction.
Iron Man is too goofy for me, but I'm looking forward for the rumored Iron Man 2020.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You dropped all the Black hammer books? I thought you loved that series

I did until the big reveal in Age of Doom as to what the farm was and it turning into a Morrison pastiche. Completely killed all interest I had because it's a concept I've read many times before.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Should I pick up Venom? Heard lots of good things but I've been iffy on going with anything with War of the Realms tie-ins because i knew I'd be too lazy to open that can of worms

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Should I pick up Venom? Heard lots of good things but I've been iffy on going with anything with War of the Realms tie-ins because i knew I'd be too lazy to open that can of worms
This is one of those cases where you can just skip the tie-ins, they're even written by a different person

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I read more of Faithless and every time I'm just like

"What did I just read?"

And then i read more faithless.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
The new Superman Year one issue was boring and redundant.
The only books today I can say that I look forward to are MMPR, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Uncanny x-men (yeah, I like Rosenberg) and Life Story.
Daredevil today was boring. the book has no direction.
Iron Man is too goofy for me, but I'm looking forward for the rumored Iron Man 2020.
Huh? I'd say daredevil has a clear direction. As more people start being injured playing daredevil/being hurt by daredevil cosplayers. Matt is forced to step back in . I would be surprised if it didn't end that way

Status
Not open for further replies.