• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Batman marry Catwoman during Tom Kings Batman storyline?

• Yes

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2019
We listin'?

ACTION COMICS #1012
ASCENDER #3
AVENGERS #20
CONAN THE BARBARIAN #7
DETECTIVE COMICS #1006
DICK TRACY FOREVER #3
DIAL H FOR HERO #4
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #12
MARILYN MANOR #1
MARTIAN MANHUNTER #6
TERRIFICS #17
THOR #14
WAR OF REALMS #6

Marilyn Manor has art by Shade the Changing Girl's artist, fyi.
edit: Though Mags Visaggio is the writer and I think shes an enemy of the thread atm.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've seen a lot of people talking about it, but not necessarily in a good way? More how weird that it exists, I guess. Definitely a lot of collectors who just want to fill the gap in their respective Captain America/Avengers/Fantastic Four collections tho.
By all means, im not one to tell someone not to buy something. Just wanted to make sure you knew what it was first.

Im reading through a lot of stuff from that era right now, and im skipping only those. Might read the Jim Lee FF, but that actually looks descent.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Action Comics #1012
The Flash #73
Justice League Dark #12

Amazing Spider-Man #24
Avengers #20
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #8
Thor #14
War of the Realms #6

at least 90% of my interest week is for ASM 24 tho

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I am getting Bloodstained too! And probably some trades via the $15 off of 30 deal that CMX should be putting up this week.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
By all means, im not one to tell someone not to buy something. Just wanted to make sure you knew what it was first.

Hahah, nah, nah. Not buying. I'm just curious about it is all. I'm not sure I'll ever collect FF/Cap/Avengers/Iron Man beyond maybe their best runs. And I definitely wouldn't start with Heroes Reborn.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Do y'all like post-Jane Thor? My friend who's loved Aaron's Thor up till now hasn't been enjoying it.

I am getting Bloodstained too! And probably some trades via the $15 off of 30 deal that CMX should be putting up this week.
Enjoy Bloodstained. I played way too much. My map completion is sitting at 99.90%, and I'm done getting all shards, killing all monsters, and all quests. I cut myself off.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I'm surprised any of those New Age of Heroes books made it past #6.
Terrifics had the advantage of featuring a team of already established B and C-Listers (aside from Phantom Girl) who had been out of the spotlight for a while so I'm not surprised it's lasted the longest. Sideways had Rocafort art and Silencer is the best book of the line-up I'd say.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So the way they ran No Mans Land is kind of interesting. Rather than have different writers per book, they chose writers and artists for storylines and spread them across books. Pretty weird. To be honest, if I was buying comics back them I'd be kind of pissed because they were forcing you to buy a ton of books:
Batman
Detective Comics
Shadow of the Bat
Legends of the Dark Night
Batman Chronicles

And those were just the Batman books! Stuff also runs into Azrael, Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman and on and on. Pity the people who were also reading Superman, the Flash or whatever else at this time. Actually it's notable that not a single other superhero bothers to come help out in Gotham.

So question, is there going to be a logical reason for why whoever this new batgirl is has sewn up the face hole on her cowl? It's weird.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Switch. The 60fps of the other ports would be nice, but I like the handheld option for a game like that. I'll still play it on my TV too since I just got a pro controller and love using it lol
I've also heard the visual downgrade is noticeable, so I'm waiting for post-launch impressions. But Switch would be my platform of choice.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I've also heard the visual downgrade is noticeable, so I'm waiting for post-launch impressions. But Switch would be my platform of choice.

Yeah, just watching the Quick Look for it earlier I already have some gripes with the visuals and they were playing that on PS4 Pro. It's not terrible or anything, but it's already so obviously a game made under certain limitations, I can't imagine whatever hit the Switch port took is all that big.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, just watching the Quick Look for it earlier I already have some gripes with the visuals and they were playing that on PS4 Pro. It's not terrible or anything, but it's already so obviously a game made under certain limitations, I can't imagine whatever hit the Switch port took is all that big.
What I really need is a release date for Silksong.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Good week for me. Martian Manhunter and Dr Strange are pretty damn good. And spectre finally appearing again, albeit in a Batman focused book, but still

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Fun page!

22aaf782-d45e-42f8-8xjj1p.jpeg

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished reading Superman Year One. Not gonna lie. I really enjoyed it. I could have done with some things, like the Lana/thugs scene, but I had fun reading it. It's kind of nice actually having fun reading comics.
I thought about the same. It's not great, but was fairly good.
So the way they ran No Mans Land is kind of interesting. Rather than have different writers per book, they chose writers and artists for storylines and spread them across books. Pretty weird. To be honest, if I was buying comics back them I'd be kind of pissed because they were forcing you to buy a ton of books:
Batman
Detective Comics
Shadow of the Bat
Legends of the Dark Night
Batman Chronicles

And those were just the Batman books! Stuff also runs into Azrael, Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman and on and on. Pity the people who were also reading Superman, the Flash or whatever else at this time. Actually it's notable that not a single other superhero bothers to come help out in Gotham.

So question, is there going to be a logical reason for why whoever this new batgirl is has sewn up the face hole on her cowl? It's weird.
At one point they explain why other superheroes aren't intervening. Batman basically asked them not to, although it's been a while, so I don't remember if he had a compelling reason (it seems like there would be many fewer people suffering if Superman/GL/Flash, etc... intervened). Superman, IIRC, showed up in one issue where they went through it.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Superman year one was just boring for me. It didn't grab me at all, so I basically checked out after the pen page. The krypton pages are beautiful though, although the scenario is a bit overdone.

May 24, 2019
The narration got hokey a lot of the time, but I appreciated him trying to do this poetic Terrance Mallick type thing.

Edit: I called it a good Christian comic a bit ago and I wasn't really kidding. It's so down-home good-ol-boy American that with a few tweaks, it could be DC's push to get comics into church book stores.

ee: And that's not a total slam. It's oddly compelling next to the usual stuff out there.

Last edited:

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought about the same. It's not great, but was fairly good.

At one point they explain why other superheroes aren't intervening. Batman basically asked them not to, although it's been a while, so I don't remember if he had a compelling reason (it seems like there would be many fewer people suffering if Superman/GL/Flash, etc... intervened). Superman, IIRC, showed up in one issue where they went through it.

It's a long event, so I guess there's lots more time to explain certain mysteries (such as why Batman was missing for so long). I did see a Superman issue coming up.

But seriously, Superman, Flash and Wonder Woman probably could have cleaned up the city and done tons of repairs in like a day, but you know, comics :)

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
It's a long event, so I guess there's lots more time to explain certain mysteries (such as why Batman was missing for so long). I did see a Superman issue coming up.

But seriously, Superman, Flash and Wonder Woman probably could have cleaned up the city and done tons of repairs in like a day, but you know, comics :)
The recent Spider-Man arc blocked all the other heroes out of the area, and they were able to give a good reason. I appreciate when the reader doesn't have to suspend disbelief for that sort of situation. I'm often like, "Why doesn't he just get help?" and I have to tell my brain, "STOP THINKING, DUMMY!"

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019

If the visual downgrade is noticeable I'll go PS4, but the 30fps doesn't bother me. Handhelds are my favorite way to play Metroidvanias. I'm just happy this didn't turn into a Mighty No 9 situation. It's been too long since an Igarashi game.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

The goal was to keep the Justice League out. They had an editorial idea that wasn't adequately explained creatively.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
If the visual downgrade is noticeable I'll go PS4, but the 30fps doesn't bother me. Handhelds are my favorite way to play Metroidvanias. I'm just happy this didn't turn into a Mighty No 9 situation. It's been too long since an Igarashi game.
30fps doesn't bother me at all so long as it's stable. I just need to see more Switch gameplay. There was a video on YT from some Spanish gaming channel the other day but I was watching it on my phone at the time so I didn't get a good look.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Iron Man #13 was alright. The War of the Realms tie-in was more of a prelude than anything. Gail Simone just not giving a shit, it's hilarious.

Daredevil has been strong, still, something that bothers me...did Matt ever go back to see Joey? Like, did he finish out his day?
Do y'all like post-Jane Thor? My friend who's loved Aaron's Thor up till now hasn't been enjoying it.
I do, but it's definitely the weaker part since it's just been set-up for War of the Realms. Thor going from realm to realm, the tons of different hammers, Del Mundo art, all has been pretty great, but given that it's all just been set-up none of it is feeling like it's having any payoff but now that WotR is here, I guess it all paid off... There's also a lot of character stuff that's made it pretty tight. Loki, Odin, and Cul got whole issues. Thor's depression over dealing with his insecurities about the loss of Mjolnir. Old Man Thor. There's a lot in it, but I did enjoy Jane a lot more.

Last edited:

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Current Thor reminds me a lot of that late Mighty Thor/Original Sin/early JaneThor stuff that felt like a downturn in quality. It's not bad by any means, but it's gone from the A-list it was during Godbomb down to just solid. I'm confident he can stick the landing with King Thor, though.

Aaron's had his ups and downs but I'd still buy the Omnibus day one.

KineAg62

May 8, 2018
It'll all be okay when we get back to the Aaron/Ribic King Thor story. WoR has been fun. Like a nice early summer blockbuster.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Isn't the inference that
there are multiple evil Caps running around interacting with Cyclops and Wolverine? The real one might not.
I only read an article that Captain Hydra was again used by someone at Marvel and the Panels made it appear like the good Cap was also meeting with Cyce and Logan at some point of the story, but I lost admittingly the overview which Cap was who.

Status
Not open for further replies.