• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Batman marry Catwoman during Tom Kings Batman storyline?

• Yes

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So in GL Corps(the post-Sinestro Corp War issues where the Alpha Lanterns are introduced), Grant Morrison is credited for coming up with the idea of the Alpha's. Only GLC credits him though, while the main Johns' run doesn't mention him during the credits on the Alpha origin story.

Not sure if anyone is aware of that, but it's something slight I noticed.

NoalleGospell

Dec 3, 2018
Puerto Rico
I can't stand JRjr's art.

I'm still baffled he was the one chosen to draw World War Hulk, I cannot enjoy his action scenes.

Also early access for Shadowbringers starts Friday and I can't wait.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Also early access for Shadowbringers starts Friday and I can't wait.

Yea, I re-subbed last week and have been playing catch-up. Excited and nice to come back to this game(haven't played since late 2017).

Also, I had a moment when I jumped into the first Ivalice Raid and all the FFT music remixes were firing. Really looking forward to seeing the rest.

NoalleGospell

Dec 3, 2018
Puerto Rico
Yea, I re-subbed last week and have been playing catch-up. Excited and nice to come back to this game(haven't played since late 2017).

Also, I had a moment when I jumped into the first Ivalice Raid and all the FFT music remixes were firing. Really looking forward to seeing the rest.
I'm a madman that's been subbed since like a month or 2 after ARR launched even though I don't raid, only time i unsubbed for more than a month was because i literally couldn't play cause of Hurricane Maria making a mess of PR.

And it seems I only have: Amazing Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man, Thor and FF this week.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So in GL Corps(the post-Sinestro Corp War issues where the Alpha Lanterns are introduced), Grant Morrison is credited for coming up with the idea of the Alpha's. Only GLC credits him though, while the main Johns' run doesn't mention him during the credits on the Alpha origin story.

Not sure if anyone is aware of that, but it's something slight I noticed.

IIRC he came up with it during planning of Final Crisis

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
IIRC he came up with it during planning of Final Crisis
Did the Alpha Lanterns show up in Final Crisis first?

Edit: looks like they showed up in GL #27 first. I read the Final Crisis Omni last month and was wondering about them since I remembered them from reading Johns GL.

Depending on which wiki you visit though, there are different created by credits lol.

Last edited:

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Did the Alpha Lanterns show up in Final Crisis first?
Yup,
they investigate the death of Orion and one of them, under the influence of Granny Goodness, frames Hal Jordan for the murder and later abducts Batman. And I think there's something about them using this to take control of the central power battery

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Should I read UCX before Hickman's X-men stuff ?
I wouldnt bother. It just feels like its spinning its wheels, waiting for Hickman's books to start. People here can always just fill you in if you really want to know what all happened, which isnt that much at all.

Age of X-Man is the only current X-book that will probably have any kind of significance for Hickman's stuff. But by that I mean just the act of going to another alt "world", and being presumed dead in the real world. I wouldnt read it either lol.

The only thing I think that would be worth reading before his run, but still not needed, are the "seminal" moments from the past. Mainly New X-Men since it seems like Hickman will be using it for inspiration somewhat.

Speaking of, saw this neat video last night. Will post it in the other thread since its more made for it:

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019

I haven't been subbed since early 2016 and just signed up again to try and work my way up to Shadowbringers and to get the fat chocobo mount. Talk about a game you shouldn't take extended breaks from. Playing on PS4 and I can't remember any of the controls, how any of my moves work, or how to even navigate the menus. At least the soundtrack is still amazing.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been subbed since early 2016 and just signed up again to try and work my way up to Shadowbringers and to get the fat chocobo mount. Talk about a game you shouldn't take extended breaks from. Playing on PS4 and I can't remember any of the controls, how any of my moves work, or how to even navigate the menus. At least the soundtrack is still amazing.

Yea, jumping back in to a high-level character was a bit rough initially for me as well. Muscle memory played a bit of a role in navigating the UI(Oh right, I can hold L1 and use the R-stick to zoom in the map or on my character!), but also combat.

I did spend about an hour on youtube looking at 'rotation' videos for my class. Also found some nice vids on recommended controller settings and layouts for my class, so I also used that time to completely redo my crossbar(and even add in the W-bar stuff for quick access to more skills which I never knew was a thing!).

I do recommend taking the time for that. I now feel like I'm fully in the groove and playing my class even better than before because of that hour or two.

Oh right this is a comics-thread....umm...fuck Batman?

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
house-of-x-original-five-x-men-teaser.jpg

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
look, I've had my disagreements with Hickman (Ape Beast is better than Cat Beast and I will not hear opinions to the contrary), but this fat Beast is straight out of New X-Men and I'm taking this as a gesture of goodwill, there might be hope yet

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Yea, jumping back in to a high-level character was a bit rough initially for me as well. Muscle memory played a bit of a role in navigating the UI(Oh right, I can hold L1 and use the R-stick to zoom in the map or on my character!), but also combat.

I did spend about an hour on youtube looking at 'rotation' videos for my class. Also found some nice vids on recommended controller settings and layouts for my class, so I also used that time to completely redo my crossbar(and even add in the W-bar stuff for quick access to more skills which I never knew was a thing!).

I do recommend taking the time for that. I now feel like I'm fully in the groove and playing my class even better than before because of that hour or two.

Oh right this is a comics-thread....umm...fuck Batman?

I didn't even think of watching YT videos, but thats a great idea. Before I quit I had a great rotation and I was able to run through multiple dungeons and bosses no problem.

And to stay on topic, I finished Avengers No Road Home last night. So good. I hope Marvel continues the "No" series, this and Surrender were some of the best books they've done for awhile. I loved seeing Immortal Hulk interacting with Hawkeye and the Conan/Scarlet Witch teamup.

Cat Beast was the best Beast!!?

Beast.jpg

This is a fact.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Read over the weekend-

Sticks Angelica, Folk Hero/Very Casual/Big Kids:

All DeForge stuff that were breezy reads. Well in terms of art and humor because Big Kids was sort of soul crushing. I'm really enjoying his stuff though and I have a few other books of his checked out from the library that I'll get through this week

Thor, God of Thunder Vol. 1 and 2:

HOLY HELL. Glad I got around to this. Such an awesome arc, and man did it get dark. I loved Gorr as a character, this sort of egomaniac who has to be right, but who irreversibly changes Thor nonetheless. I've heard that this is the peak of Aaron's run but I'll definitely stick with him for a while.

The Green Lantern #1-8:

I'm not a big Morrison guy (at all) but I figured I would start reading a few DC books since I'm only really reading Marvel stuff right now. I really didn't love how it kicked off (the whole dirty cop storyline felt super half baked) but the last two issues have been pretty fun! Green Arrow is my all time childhood favorite so I'll appreciate him in pretty much any situation, especially silver age homage-y teamup bullshit. I'll stick with it for now.

Excellence #1-2:

I hate a lot of the YA magic shit in this vein but there's just enough cool touches to keep me in it for now. There's definitely a lot of *THIS IS ABOUT RACE* flashing signs everywhere which I'm all for, I guess I just care more about that stuff and less about magic wands.

Hawkman #1:

The other ongoing DC series I picked up, cool first volume. I know virtually nothing about Hawkman so all this stuff is new to me. Excited to get caught up this week.

X-Men Grand Design:

This fucking ruled? I'm pretty familiar with most of the big picture X-Men lore and this still reminded me of a lot of the little details and moments I had forgotten. Nostalgic and exciting all at once. Definitely gonna read the other two volumes this week.

Daredevil #1-7:

This took a bit to click with me and we'll see how it goes, but I'm enjoying it for now. I paired this with a lot of the more wild fantasy/cosmic stuff I've been reading and it's worked as a fine change of pace.

Now I have to figure out what to do next. I'm waiting on getting the Hickman Avengers Vol 1, so I can go through that and New Avengers and then on through Infinity. From what I can tell, Infinity takes place between Thor God of Thunder vol 2 and 3? So I figured I should just hold off on Thor until I get to and finish Infinity stuff. And then I guess it looks like Thor leads into War of the Realms, so I'll probably pick up the Aaron avengers stuff and try to atleast get the highlights of that.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Informing this thread that you too can own the 4400+ pages of life-changing Spider-Man content known as "The Clone Saga" for a mere $40 on CMX right at this exact moment.

DapperGoop

Jan 14, 2018
I just finished reading the entirety of the Young Animal line, Doom Patrol and Shade the Changing Girl were the only standouts tbh. Eternity Girl was nice to look at and reminded me of Black Hammer for some reason. What sucks is the last time I checked Shade the Changing Man hasn't been collected so that's kinda impossible to read

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I just finished reading the entirety of the Young Animal line, Doom Patrol and Shade the Changing Girl were the only standouts tbh. Eternity Girl was nice to look at and reminded me of Black Hammer for some reason. What sucks is the last time I checked Shade the Changing Man hasn't been collected so that's kinda impossible to read
Yeah, I'm with you. Did you read Milk Wars??? I remember going to a comic shop a couple months before it released and asking them what upcoming comics they were excited for. Then I said, "Are you excited for Milk Wars???" And one of the guys replied, "What... on earth is 'Milk Wars?' " while looking at me like I'm insane hahaha. I actually liked Milk Wars, for the record. I'd buy a hardcover.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I believe it ended yesterday? The code was MARVEL2019.
Blah! Oh well, dont need any of the Spider-Man books anyway. Would have bought Spider-Girl if she was in the sale though.

I dont know if the $15 off $30 would be better than a regular sale or not. They really need to do some better X-Men sales asap.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
Read League of Extraordinary Men last week. Wasn't a fan of the first 2 issues. Came across as racist and wasn't a fan of the dominatrix school and girls being raped. But then it got a hell of a lot better after that. Great even. The scale multiplies and it has some of the finest steampunk setting in any medium.

Had a discussion about a friend about my criticisms of the first two issues and he said that it was trying to resemble something of that era. But I disagree. It could have done a much better job avoiding negative stereotypes and it's depiction of rape. Which came across as a cheap attempt at humor.

DapperGoop

Jan 14, 2018
I actually liked Milk Wars, for the record. I'd buy a hardcover.
I really liked Milk Wars too, the art was really good and seeing a clean, homogenized version of the Justice League was fun. I'm happy Doom Patrol survived the Young Animal purge, but I wish they would have saved Shade too cause it got rushed like everything else. I'm excited for that new Young Animal Green Lantern thing tho

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I really liked Milk Wars too, the art was really good and seeing a clean, homogenized version of the Justice League was fun. I'm happy Doom Patrol survived the Young Animal purge, but I wish they would have saved Shade too cause it got rushed like everything else. I'm excited for that new Young Animal Green Lantern thing tho
I didn't love Mother Panic, but I'd actually be kinda sad if she's gone forever. I met Jody Houser when all the Young Animal series were announced to be ending. She seemed so sad, and I bought a cool little keychain of Paige that she made herself with recycled materials. I get sad when I think about Mother Panic because of that experience. Even though I don't think it's great, I have a connection to it because of her.

I loved Shade, so that's sad, too!

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
Been reading Bendis and Brubaker's Daredevil omni's and damn this is some great stuff. Not fully done with Brubaker, but both Bendis and Brubakers stories have really put Matt through some shit. And both artists, Michael Lark and Alex Maleev have been on point with the art throughout the run and gives it such a great gritty atmospheric vibe. Picked up both Omni's for Waid's run as well, so I do have that to look forward too.

Also was wondering if World War Hulk or the Wolverine Goes to Hell Omnibus were any good?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't love Mother Panic, but I'd actually be kinda sad if she's gone forever. I met Jody Houser when all the Young Animal series were announced to be ending. She seemed so sad, and I bought a cool little keychain of Paige that she made herself with recycled materials. I get sad when I think about Mother Panic because of that experience. Even though I don't think it's great, I have a connection to it because of her.

One thing Paige was right about.

BVessqr.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Last good JRJR art was Remender's Captain America. But even that only had a few moments that really stood out. His work on All Star Batman was similar but had even less good moments.

I was a big fan of his work in the 90s and early 00s though. His art on Millar's Wolverine was some of my favorite of his. I just don't think he can still put out the same quality on a regular schedule.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
whatsinaname, I just found out about Fantagraphics' upcoming I Know What I Am, and I exclaimed "Hoooolly shit!" When I saw it. Oh my god. I want it so bad. Artemisia Gentileschi is one of my favorite painters of all time ;___;

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017

Jody is super nice. I only got to talk to her briefly but she seemed really friendly and easy to talk to. She's from the area here too, which is pretty cool.

Most of the YA creators seem like good people from my interactions on Twitter. Marley, Derington, and Bonvillain are great follows especially. I'm looking forward to that new book by Visaggio and Marley.

DapperGoop

Jan 14, 2018
I feel like when most people talk about Doom Patrol it's either about Morrison or Way's run and gloss over everything else. I loved Giffen's run, he made the Doom Patrol a lot more competent in fights and revamped Elasti-woman who was kinda a nothing character for a while. I liked it so much I bought all the singular issues cause I don't think DC has ever thought about collecting his run.

Status
Not open for further replies.