• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Batman marry Catwoman during Tom Kings Batman storyline?

• Yes

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like when most people talk about Doom Patrol it's either about Morrison or Way's run and gloss over everything else. I loved Giffen's run, he made the Doom Patrol a lot more competent in fights and revamped Elasti-woman who was kinda a nothing character for a while. I liked it so much I bought all the singular issues cause I don't think DC has ever thought about collecting his run.

the best Doom Patrol run is the original Silver Age.

May 24, 2019
I feel like when most people talk about Doom Patrol it's either about Morrison or Way's run and gloss over everything else. I loved Giffen's run, he made the Doom Patrol a lot more competent in fights and revamped Elasti-woman who was kinda a nothing character for a while. I liked it so much I bought all the singular issues cause I don't think DC has ever thought about collecting his run.

The original comic is well worth reading. I have the Rachel Pollack issues to get to on Comixology. I've heard they're massively underrated.

edit: And just heard it again!

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Oh cool, should be an interesting read. Haven't seen any of Siciliano's works before but looks like a great art style for the material.

Should be great! I saw Judith Slaying Holofernes at the Uffizi Gallery in April, and I so happy. It's one of my favorite paintings of all time (and the story that goes along with it is intense). Caravaggio and those he inspired were so fucking good (and I like Artemisia more than Caravaggio, actually)!

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Can we just send Derington back and let him redraw all of Morrison Doom Patrol.

Messi pls.

Gnd0KuH.png

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
whatsinaname, what upcoming releases are you looking forward to, and how do you keep track of them all?

Ooh, Rachel Thorn translated more Moto Hagio with the upcoming release of The Poe Clan. I don't read many manga in translation anymore, but Thorn is one of the best. I used to email back and forth with her near the end of her work on Wandering Son. She changed her name a bit after that was all finished, so her work on that book must have had quite an impact. It has one of the most personal touches I've ever witnessed in translation.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
So I was thinking, what are some times in comics where the gulf in quality between consecutive runs is absolutely massive, like complete trash to 10/10 amazing and vice versa. Like Mackie to Straczynski.

And I'm pre-empting one of you saying Rosenberg to Hickman cause I know someone's going to do it.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm glad Derington's art is back on track in Batman Universe. It took a big hit in #10, so I was worried.
And I'm pre-empting one of you saying Rosenberg to Hickman cause I know someone's going to do it.
Obviously, we don't know just yet 100%, but I think it's safe to say that will be a pretty big one.
I like his older art, but his new stuff is too inconsistent to rely on.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
whatsinaname, what upcoming releases are you looking forward to, and how do you keep track of them all?

I am waiting, hoping for a box set of Tardi's Stalag IIB books.

Also been waiting ages for My Favourite Thing is Monsters v2.

Most of my books I am essentially trusting my local library to curate. I have about a 100+ books on frozen holds, I just unfreeze when I want something new.

Nothing much that I am really excited about enough to track from Marvel, DC or Image.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I just don't like old art man.
Is it mostly the coloring? The phrase "old art" seems like a huge generalization, still. A lot of the older greats in black and white look timeless to me (but I like a lot of it in color).
I am waiting, hoping for a box set of Tardi's Stalag IIB books.
That looks like a dark read.

I'm also excited for Grass by Keum Suk Gendry-Kim, King of King Court by Travis Dandro, and Palimpsest: Documents From a Korean Adoption by Lisa Wool-Rim Sjöblom. Hot Comb just came out, but I'm waiting on my library to take my purchase request.

Edit: That request was a while back. I'm just gonna get a inter-library loan.

Last edited:

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
So I was thinking, what are some times in comics where the gulf in quality between consecutive runs is absolutely massive, like complete trash to 10/10 amazing and vice versa. Like Mackie to Straczynski.

Whoever was on Hulk before Ewing. The entire 2010s have been really bad for Hulk imo.

Johns Justice League to Hitch Rebirth Justice League caused Justice League to go from being the flagship book alongside Batman to being utterly irrelevant and a sideshow with terrible plot lines.

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
I think the most recent thing I actually enjoyed JRJR on was Remender's Captain America.

But that's probably because of Dean White.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I think the most recent thing I actually enjoyed JRJR on was Remender's Captain America.

But that's probably because of Dean White.

Dean White improves everything. He even made Phillip Tan art look decent in Uncanny X-Force. As for JRJR, I legit like his work on The Eternals and X-Men.

DapperGoop

Jan 14, 2018
Most of my exposure to Captain America has been him popping up in other things I've been reading. Never read anything with him as the main character, he's a cool dude when he does pop up tho

Porl

Nov 6, 2017

Tomasi superman to Bendis superman

HickmanVengers to Waid Avengers

Both went to worse

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

It'll be a bigger gap than that. X-Men is shaky because so many books come out. Uncanny? Bendis to Hickman, assuming that Hickman is writing Uncanny after House/Powers of X. I haven't read Rosenberg, but assuming it's that bad, you also have Bunn in there as well which was quite bad. Then you have the "color" books + Astonishing where Uncanny didn't exist. Blue/Gold (which may as well have been Uncanny)/Red/Black. And that's assuming Hickman does in fact stick the landing. I know people are preempting it because of Hickman's track record, but let's be real, it could bomb easily.

EDIT: Oh never mind I got your post now. I thought you meant the biggest period of time between good runs on a book for some reason.

I mean Bendis to Bunn on Uncanny was a rough dip.

DapperGoop

Jan 14, 2018
It's so weird to me that Carnage still gets exposure, he's like a holdover from the "Extreme" 90s. Do people actually like him? The only thing worse to me are his dumb Mad Libs offspring

Status
Not open for further replies.