• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Batman marry Catwoman during Tom Kings Batman storyline?

• Yes

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's good stuff. Greg Land does not shitty art before Gail arrives too.

Cool. It's quite a long run.

c7up1lti6uoqgdaq6rky.png

I love that anime Jess

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Did they not do an OHC Vol. 4 for Latour's Spider-Gwen? Why do you do this Marvel!?

They did the same shit to Slott's ASM. Why do you do all of the run accept the last book lol. Thats worse than DC and their spines!

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I read that. Why the :( ?

I miss Joelle doing art on things. She's a top 5 artist to me. Bit we have lost her to the writers desk it seems. Unless she's secretly drawing Lady Killer 3. We do know she has it written.

Did they not do an OHC Vol. 4 for Latour's Spider-Gwen? Why do you do this Marvel!?

They did the same shit to Slott's ASM. Why do you do all of the run accept the last book lol. Thats worse than DC and their spines!

It was solicited and cancelled. Didn't sell it seems. Sucks as I own the others.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Can we talk about how Greg Lands art isn't shit on Dixon Birds of Prey. I'd even say some of it is legit good.

Damn, I was hoping there was a chance they just hadnt gotten around to it yet. Thanks though. Got the other 3 in my shopping cart, ill sleep on it and decide if I want to get them tomorrow.

I could see it getting an omni due to the success of the movie just like Miles got.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I miss Joelle doing art on things. She's a top 5 artist to me. Bit we have lost her to the writers desk it seems. Unless she's secretly drawing Lady Killer 3. We do know she has it written.

Oh, I didn't know that. Yeah, I really like her art too. That reminds me I need to read Lady Killer 2.

I recommend Dixon's BoP as well. He created the entire series in the first place and it's good. Just globetrotting spy shit.

Yeah but it doesn't have Huntress ;)

I'll see. That's another 50+ issues. So many comics! It's going to take me forever to get to Final Crisis.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Hell one could say Larroca also wasnt shit before.

Its like rather than getting slower, they decided to just start tracing and reusing poses/faces.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I didn't know that. Yeah, I really like her art too. That reminds me I need to read Lady Killer 2.

I'll see. That's another 50+ issues. So many comics! It's going to take me forever to get to Final Crisis.

Her art is incredible on Lady Killer 2. So much more detailed than vol 1.

LDY_1.png

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah those books and secret six went oop. I hate that they let that happen
BoP shouldn't be out of print because they're releasing them along the Nightwing trades, I thought.

Huntress isn't a mainstay but she and Catwoman pop up here and there. It has your girls Dinah and Barbara.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I won't lie to everyone. After catching up, I fully 100% enjoy Bendis' Superman quite a bit.

I like it and I'm not afraid to say it.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
BoP shouldn't be out of print because they're releasing them along the Nightwing trades, I thought.

Huntress isn't a mainstay but she and Catwoman pop up here and there. It has your girls Dinah and Barbara.

The Dixon Birds books are 3-4 years old. They are oop sadly. Not hugely expensive tho.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Almost 100 issues later, No Man's Land has been completed. I wound up reading almost everything because the Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman and Azrael stories were all entertaining and I was hoping to get more background on those characters anyway. The only things I skipped were some non-essential one-shots and some Batman Chronicles.

As far as the story goes, it was definitely good, but any attempt to have a grand overarching mystery failed for me. A few small mentions here and there and a reveal in the last issue is not enough. But the individual arcs had some very good moments.

The ending was pretty fucked, and while I was finding the joker a lot more bearable for the duration compared to his new 52 magic super assassin character, by the end I was back to totally hating him again, and that no one has put a bullet in his brain is ridiculous.

I am still totally baffled by this, which I posted before
I have clue why there is a sniper rifle, who K - - N is supposed to be or why Bruce seems totally indifferent to the idea of Gordon being killed.
c8171358-3864-49dd-ahskol.jpeg

As I also mentioned before, Bruce is a total dick for most of this, and one issue where they try to explain why really wasn't enough.

Huntress was definitely my MVP of this event, and she has a great character arc.
regardless, Dick suddenly reversing course on Barbara was a little weird.

Going forward I want to read more about Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain (a name she doesn't even have yet!), so I'll be looking into that.

As far as what's next, I'm going to read the Batman/Huntress mini from 2000 and I think the Bruce Wayne murderer/fugitive story. I'd also like to get some background on Flash and Wonder Woman, so I'll look at the reading lists for some guidance on that.

Nice write up. Almost read this last year myself, but decided to hold off. I plan to one day get through it myself. Seems like a fun story.

Do enjoy Bruce Wayne Fugitive though. Outside of a few obvious complaints won't spoil, it's a good run. Infinite Crisis lead in stories follow it up and Rucka's Checkmate as well. All good stuff.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I just finished Berserk Deluxe vol 1 and the Golden Age arc is already significantly better than the arcs before it sans Puck. Now I'm conflicted on vol 2. Kid Guts isn't a piece of shit yet.

Let's just say Guts goes through a lot, so it's understandable. His character growth is incredible.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Whew, just notice that JL issue 1-22, plus the annual and drowned earth special for almost $24 right now on CMX. That is so damn tempting.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Hello y'all, looking for some recommendations if someone would be inclined. So far I've enjoyed:
  • Kirkman's Astounding Wolf-Man
  • Gaiman's The Sandman
  • Guarnido's Blacksad
  • Jill Thompson's Beasts of Burden
  • Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Hello y'all, looking for some recommendations if someone would be inclined. So far I've enjoyed:
  • Kirkman's Astounding Wolf-Man
  • Gaiman's The Sandman
  • Guarnido's Blacksad
  • Jill Thompson's Beasts of Burden
  • Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run
You could try something else by Kirkman, particularly Invincible if you want to stay in the superhero genre.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I read Pretty Deadly #1 for the first time in years, that's way more coherent than I remember it being. Beautiful art.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Almost 100 issues later, No Man's Land has been completed. I wound up reading almost everything because the Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman and Azrael stories were all entertaining and I was hoping to get more background on those characters anyway. The only things I skipped were some non-essential one-shots and some Batman Chronicles.

As far as the story goes, it was definitely good, but any attempt to have a grand overarching mystery failed for me. A few small mentions here and there and a reveal in the last issue is not enough. But the individual arcs had some very good moments.

The ending was pretty fucked, and while I was finding the joker a lot more bearable for the duration compared to his new 52 magic super assassin character, by the end I was back to totally hating him again, and that no one has put a bullet in his brain is ridiculous.

I am still totally baffled by this, which I posted before
I have clue why there is a sniper rifle, who K - - N is supposed to be or why Bruce seems totally indifferent to the idea of Gordon being killed.
c8171358-3864-49dd-ahskol.jpeg

As I also mentioned before, Bruce is a total dick for most of this, and one issue where they try to explain why really wasn't enough.

Huntress was definitely my MVP of this event, and she has a great character arc.
regardless, Dick suddenly reversing course on Barbara was a little weird.

Going forward I want to read more about Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain (a name she doesn't even have yet!), so I'll be looking into that.

As far as what's next, I'm going to read the Batman/Huntress mini from 2000 and I think the Bruce Wayne murderer/fugitive story. I'd also like to get some background on Flash and Wonder Woman, so I'll look at the reading lists for some guidance on that.
I think that he's
reading lips and it's Cain, so he misreads a bit and he looks very worried about Gordon being at risk.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The one part I love about the No Mans Land prologue was the pages, where he and Batgirl are meeting for the first time (?) and wanderin and he tells her that he is a fan of her look lol

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I think that he's
reading lips and it's Cain, so he misreads a bit and he looks very worried about Gordon being at risk.

OK, that would actually make sense. I thought his shocked look was because
he spotted Cain. He's not holding binoculars in the 2nd panel, but is in the 3rd.

Could have been done in a lot less confusing way.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So, Huntress Cry for Blood explains this whole 5 families structure of the Gotham mob. But it doesn't include the Falcones. Is this another thing that was wiped out by Zero Hour or something?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Think the Falcones were more of a Year One/Long Halloween/Dark Victory thing. Dont think they were a big thing again until New 52's Batman Eternal.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Think the Falcones were more of a Year One/Long Halloween/Dark Victory thing. Dont think they were a big thing again until New 52's Batman Eternal.

Interesting - Falcone was even in Batman Begins and the telltale game so I had assumed he was a classic part of Gotham.

Actually tho, since this Huntress stuff happens in 2000 I guess the families were never really well developed.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
We don't deserve Rian Gonzales

I've been setting up two commissions with her recently (Uraraka and Himiko Toga 😁) and she couldn't be nicer.

Huntress deserves a great run.

Status
Not open for further replies.