• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Batman marry Catwoman during Tom Kings Batman storyline?

• Yes

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
--

Is there anything from Image I should be reading that I'm not? Here's what I have:

Birthright
Bitter Root
Criminal
Crowded
Deadly Class
East of West
Gideon Falls
Isola
Low
Middlewest
Monstress
Port of Earth
Seven to Eternity
Skyward
Snotgirl
The Wicked + The Divine

Also, if there's anything from Boom besides Coda, By Night, and Giant Days, please let me know.

Curse Words
Rumble

Maestros (and to an extent Sleepless) - Already completed.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I go over to gaming side and I remember that video games are supposed to be fun and that's when I remember I shouldn't be on gaming side.
I never implied the latter.

She's only had 2 ongoings since 2014.
I know. You just said "this is hardly a sea of Black Widow books" and I'm just saying that I don't mean that I feel like there's a LOT of Black Widow books in the sense that I'm describing with a bunch at once, but like a lot of stops and starts.

But really? Just two ongoings and this mini? I could have sworn there was another mini in there somewhere. I think I'm getting it confused with either Black Cat or Red Widow.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I know. You just said "this is hardly a sea of Black Widow books" and I'm just saying that I don't mean that I feel like there's a LOT of Black Widow books in the sense that I'm describing with a bunch at once, but like a lot of stops and starts.

But really? Just two ongoings and this mini? I could have sworn there was another mini in there somewhere. I think I'm getting it confused with either Black Cat or Red Widow.
There was another mini in 2016.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I don't think it's Carly because she wouldn't have any familiarity with the death that's followed Peter over the years. In fact, the only major death that happened while she was a regular was Marla and I dunno, did her dad die? I can't remember. Did she look up everyone who died around Spider-Man while she was in the police station or something? It feels too intimate a statement for someone that wasn't around prior to Brand New Day. It doesn't make sense that her (as Kindred) would say something about "all the others" that died around Peter when she didn't actually know any of them.

Now I think she might be a Red Herring, same as I think that Ned Leeds might be set up as one as well. I like your theory but things just don't quite add up... Not to mention spending 100+ issues dedicated to setting up fuckin Carlie Cooper as the big bad. That deserves maybe 5 issues tops.

Goblin wars stuff (manhattan on fire for weeks, Carlie exposed to goblin serum), clone conspiracy stuff (mass deaths worldwide from a cloned organ plague), parker industries collapsing (worldwide financial ruin, lost livelihoods), its been highly public nonstop disaster around parker and thats just the last year in marvel time.

Parker's reputation is publicly ruined and with good reason. EVERYONE hates him, even the bugle canned him for being too toxic to employ.

It is just a theory and no theory is perfect, but that is DEFINITELY both a woman (note the telegraphed toxic masculinity comment about kraven) and one of Parker's romantic interests. Prior telegraphed jealousy aside, the comment about being finally alone together is blatant as hell.

Nobody else fits here imho.

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
What's she's saying is honestly incredibly common for Twitter in 2019. There's something about the site that brings out the raw id in people, valid criticism or not. That kind of thing can be like sticking yourself with a thousand needles, especially if you're already prone to anxiety. It's why I tweet and look at the site/app much much less than when I first signed up, myself. And I agree with the criticisms of Cain. Heck, I agree with the vast majority of minority/marginalized/representation/leftist rhetoric on Twitter and it can still stress the hell out of me. Because Twitter is "on" all the time and not everybody can be that. Some people need a break. And if/when it's your only outlet to express your frustration, I think that makes it easy to assume the people that get overwhelmed by are saying you're all the same, outrage culture, etc etc, even if that's very literally not what's being said at all. Her response is very "It's not you, it's me" and I think that's fair. She literally sets Cain and the book aside and I really don't think it's fair to twist "this triggered me" into "whoa Mags is a white feminist, calling trans women CGers" That's not what's in that post, on the surface or in the subtext. She even logged off! Like, this an FB post somebody is taking and feeding back into Twitter. Mags isn't even choosing to put this in peoples faces on Twitter herself.
Yeah that's fair I guess, my initial reading felt a bit more hostile but i may have jumped the gun.
Still on the fence about Mags tho

Joe Bennett is absolutely killing it

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017

This is how I feel about it. But I'm just a nobody. But Tamara has experienced that kind of thing.

Yeah, I don't think what I'm saying and what she is are incompatible. It isn't a case of being an extreme on either end. And I would mention again: Someone else took Mags FB post and put it into the ether. That's pretty different from Mags tweeting out "everyone that disagrees with me is part of the hate mob" - and she could've done that. Plenty of people do and show their ass every time.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
So this is the end huh.

Yeah, I don't think what I'm saying and what she is are incompatible. It isn't a case of being an extreme on either end. And I would mention again: Someone else took Mags FB post and put it into the ether. That's pretty different from Mags tweeting out "everyone that disagrees with me is part of the hate mob" - and she could've done that. Plenty of people do and show their ass every time.

I don't agree with the person posting Mags Facebook. Isn't that from her private Facebook? I know she generally hides her second name in all posts from there so I assume it's a private account.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Web-of-Black-Widow-1-cover.jpg

more stuff
Wow her face looks off. Like a child face put on an adult body. Please tell me I'm not the only one that sees this.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
So this is the end huh.

I don't agree with the person posting Mags Facebook. Isn't that from her private Facebook? I know she generally hides her second name in all posts from there so I assume it's a private account.

I don't know, I hardly even use FB anymore. But yeah, like, that person on Twitter is basically taking someone who actually took a step back (instead of digging themself a whole) and said "this made me feel bad, I'm stepping back" and almost forcing them back into the argument there. They're not holding anyone accountable there, they're just being an asshole.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Jonathon

Hickman

OR

SGM following on from the masterpiece - White Knight

I totally see SGM taking another break and then more White Knight

We are gonna have lots of White Knight to look forward to.

Last edited:

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered an Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #27 to get framed, did not expect it to be the lenticular variant. Pretty cool!

NqGsmZf.png
6YqKm4w.png

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
So yeah, Event Leviathan has shown me I do not like Bendis written Batman... welp looks like I'm taking a break from the main title if he gets it.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Tradd Moore just went absolutely crazy on Silver Surfer damn I love it
The whole beginning sequence was just incredibly imaginative

I got some land of the lustrous vibes at times too

Probably my favorite panel
unknown.png

Ordered an Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #27 to get framed, did not expect it to be the lenticular variant. Pretty cool!

NqGsmZf.png
6YqKm4w.png
This is amazing

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Also I don't get why people said you needed to read everything from Cates to enjoy Silver Surfer? Literally just read GotG #1 and you're good to go, you don't even need to read that one either.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like the ending reveal but I loved everything else. I said a couple pages back that Donny has a real good voice for Surfer IMO. Tradd Moore's art was WILD too, it was outstanding.

I groaned at the final page. But the rest was stellar.

Donnys note at the end about Stan is really touching

Also I don't get why people said you needed to read everything from Cates to enjoy Silver Surfer? Literally just read GotG #1 and you're good to go, you don't even need to read that one either.

It spoils the first issue of Guardians and without
Venom you would have no idea who or what Knull is. That reveal would fall way flatter.

Reading his books aren't required but it really adds to it. Cates is weaving stuff between all his books.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would read a surfer ongoing by cates and tradd moore with nothing more than traveling and narration

I liked silver surfer black 1 a lot. end didn't do much for me but I also don't mind it

but, like, just look at this shit

jiQTkxN.png

this book is going to be a treat to read

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
It spoils the first issue of Guardians and without
Venom you would have no idea who or what Knull is. That reveal would fall way flatter.

Reading his books aren't required but it really adds to it.
The book makes it clear this is a void/darkness god that has a crap ton of power and has managed to capture other gods, he's scary and has venom-like thingies around him. And that's pretty much all you need to know, Venom doesn't really add much to that besides "he created symbiotes"

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
OK so I finished up Green Lantern Emerald Dawn 1 and 2 (Hoopla doesn't mind carrying it <shrug>). This tells the earliest Hal Jordan stories but was written in the early 90s. So, is it a retcon or is it like history changing because of Crisis, or what? I have to assume Hal Jordan's origin and Sinestro's banishment happen in comics in the 1960s or so already.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
The posts from earlier had me worried, but yeah, just read SS and it's fantastic. Tradd's art is gorgeous and man, Cates prose is gorgeous too. I actually have not read any of his GOTG yet, nor am I caught up on Venom, so yeah.

Especially love
the designs of the alien goddesses. Reminds me of the summons in Final Fantasy XII.

If this stays consistent it'll definitely be one of the best cape books this year imo.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else sick of 2018/2019 being event after event after event for DC

Events used to mean something.

Oct 25, 2017
I would read a surfer ongoing by cates and tradd moore with nothing more than traveling and narration

I liked silver surfer black 1 a lot. end didn't do much for me but I also don't mind it

but, like, just look at this shit

jiQTkxN.png

this book is going to be a treat to read

Yeah this was my favorite page too. Just absolutely stellar. Slott/Allred Surfer is one of my 5 favorite runs ever with incredible art and this issue had art that is incredible but also way different from Allred's, so it's a nice companion piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.