• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Batman marry Catwoman during Tom Kings Batman storyline?

• Yes

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Does literally anyone remember that Mephisto is supposed to be in prison and not running around going as normal

It's seems Aaron is the only one to remember probably because he's a Ghost Rider dude so he has to

It's gets ridiculous that there's not even an explanation for all this

In the marvel universe mephisto magic made it so that it was basically a combination of Stark, Strange and Reed using magic technology bullshit to erase everyone's memory

No one should remember it except our mysterious villain
Does Peter not remember it either then? For some reason I thought they both knew about the arrangement.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Is Morrison's New X-Men run COMPLETELY standalone and completely new reader friendly? I am debating whether to get the New X-Men omnibus (despite my dislike for some of the art) or the Thor by Simonson Omnibus, which I've heard is ridiculously dense, but I do love Simonson's art and it's one of the cases where I think the recoloring looks great.

other than being set in Gotham and having the word "monster" in the title they really have nothing in common as books
Oh I know, one just reminded me of the other.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
oh yeah, Most of marvel seems to have totally ignored that mephisto is in Ghost Rider prison guarded by 500 ghost riders.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Is Morrison's New X-Men run COMPLETELY standalone and completely new reader friendly? I am debating whether to get the New X-Men omnibus (despite my dislike for some of the art) or the Thor by Simonson Omnibus, which I've heard is ridiculously dense, but I do love Simonson's art and it's one of the cases where I think the recoloring looks great.

Oh I know, one just reminded me of the other.
Standalone enough
How many Ghost Riders are there?
Enough

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
People say its one of the best starting points for X-Men, along with Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. But the art doesnt get much better after Quietly leaves, and im sure there are plot points that will require some prior knowledge for better payoff. That being said, it is still supposed to be a good starting point nonetheless.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, which comic started to say Mephisto is around and forgot his fate in Damnation? Did Cates say fuck it?
Scarlet spider had the excuse of being a final arc

Chip had him for the defenders but that book involves time travel at least

Champions went fuck it and he's fine

Cates remembers that because he had thanos go to his prison to tell him off in a one off book I can't remember which

Another book did it that really annoyed but can't remember

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Mostly? Morrison ends his arcs. But he really builds out the X-Men in his run so the ending doesn't really feel like a culmination or anything. It makes you want to read more. I'd say it definitely helps having some familiarity with the franchise (especially the Shi'Ar stuff), but Morrison's X-Men is where I started after the cartoon and I wouldn't have it any other way. I do tend to recommend Astonishing to new X-Men readers these days tho. It's a lot more straight forward.

May 24, 2019
Johns said at the announcement that Clock was going to be self contained. I dunno that Snyder's necessarily saying he'll contradict it.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Whoa, dude!
Oh wow, so Doomsday Clock is now basically Elseworlds. That's crazy. I bet everything changed because of its delays.
Dang. I wonder how different things would've played out if Johns was still in his role and there were no delays. I imagine how it worked to introduce a new status quo would be significant.
Between E3 and all this comic news I don't think I'm going to survive to July
Gotta stay alive for July! Hickman X-Men and Fire Emblem: Three Houses!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Johns said at the announcement that it was going to be self contained. I dunno that Snyder's necessarily saying he'll contradict it.
I'm like 99% sure he said Doomsday Clock was the culmination of everything set up by Rebirth #1, and that the DC Universe would catch up to its status quo at the end of the maxiseries. Basically, when it started, it took place one year into the future of the DCU.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm like 99% sure he said Doomsday Clock was the culmination of everything set up by Rebirth #1, and that the DC Universe would catch up to its status quo at the end of the maxiseries. Basically, when it started, it took place one year into the future of the DCU.
Yeah. This is what I recall. I very clearly remember the part about it being one year in the future with other series catching up, which said to me that it would be a new foundation for the continuation of a lot of the line.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
RIBIC

KING THOR #1 (OF 4)
JASON AARON (W) • ESAD RIBIC (A/C)
SUPERSTARS JASON AARON & ESAD RIBIC CONCLUDE THEIR EPIC THOR STORY!
The creators of the legendary THOR: GOD OF THUNDER series that kicked off one of the most epic runs in Marvel history are back together for one last ride with the almighty Lord of Asgard! Seven years ago, Jason and Esad introduced the Thor of the far future, All-Father of a broken realm and a dying universe, as he stood in battle against the Butcher of Gods, wielder of All-Black the Necrosword. Now that nefarious blade has returned, in the hands of Thor's all-time greatest enemy – his brother, Loki – for one final, cataclysmic showdown. Behold the book no comics fan should miss – the celebration of the end of a truly Marvelous era.
32 PGS./RATED T+

scaled.kingthor2019001-cov.jpg

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Consider me cautiously excited. Give me all the Horror themed books.

--

Is there anything from Image I should be reading that I'm not? Here's what I have:

Birthright
Bitter Root
Criminal
Crowded
Deadly Class
East of West
Gideon Falls
Isola
Low
Middlewest
Monstress
Port of Earth
Seven to Eternity
Skyward
Snotgirl
The Wicked + The Divine

Also, if there's anything from Boom besides Coda, By Night, and Giant Days, please let me know.

Sunstone

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Gotta stay alive for July! Hickman X-Men and Fire Emblem: Three Houses!
FE looks wack but I'll probably cop it during a sale or something

But I'm SO ready for Samsho and Bloodstained

--

Is there anything from Image I should be reading that I'm not? Here's what I have:

Birthright
Bitter Root
Criminal
Crowded
Deadly Class
East of West
Gideon Falls
Isola
Low
Middlewest
Monstress
Port of Earth
Seven to Eternity
Skyward
Snotgirl
The Wicked + The Divine

Also, if there's anything from Boom besides Coda, By Night, and Giant Days, please let me know.
Little Bird

Porl

Nov 6, 2017

Birthright
Bitter Root
Criminal
Crowded
Deadly Class
East of West
Gideon Falls
Isola
Low
Middlewest
Monstress
Port of Earth
Seven to Eternity
Skyward
Snotgirl
The Wicked + The Divine

Assassin Nation
Curse Words (it's ending soon so maybe wait)
HEAD LOPPER
Lazarus
Paper Girls (ending in like 2 issues)

I actually haven't been following many new Image series for a while

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
You know I read vol 6 already.
FE looks wack but I'll probably cop it during a sale or something

But I'm SO ready for Samsho and Bloodstained
The recent Switch coupons were actually a good deal on the Japanese eshop, so I'm getting FE at a nice discount on release. Bloodstained is the only game I've ever kickstarted, but I think they're giving me a Japanese copy and they just delayed the Japanese version like a week or something.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Dial H for hero more like dial S for Some More because Some More issues of Dial H for Hero and Naomi are what's in the pipeline, it's what's for dinner, it's more Dial H and it's more Naomi, it's the news, there's also more Wonder Twins, it's just More of the stuff

May 24, 2019
Lol. I think every item of DC news has been posted twice today.

I know, I meant he said it would read as a self contained twelve issue story.
I'm sure glad we didn't have to have a year of Superman Theory stuff in the other books, though I would have liked to see Batman use that Doomsday costume.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dial H for hero more like dial S for Some More because Some More issues of Dial H for Hero and Naomi are what's in the pipeline, it's what's for dinner, it's more Dial H and it's more Naomi, it's the news, there's also more Wonder Twins, it's just More of the stuff

I'm a bit behind on Dial H, but have loved Naomi and Wonder Twins, so that was good news all around.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm here for more Wonder Twins.

Wonder how long til Johns gets fed up and bails on DC

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I'm here for more Wonder Twins.

Wonder how long til Johns gets fed up and bails on DC

Dude's a lifer with a whole mess of upcoming projects. Like, unless anything changed, he's gonna run his Killing Zone imprint at some point in the near future, plus the TV projects, plus the movie projects.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm really confused as what Johns will be doing post-Doomsday Clock outside of Shazam.

Three Jokers isn't dated and we haven't heard about his imprint since the reveal and it was supposed to start last month.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Her trauma is valid and so is her choice to prioritize her own health over dealing with the bigger controversy grown from Cain and Megs' own comments. The controversy and criticism are also valid. Hopefully, people can still be respectful even if Megs isn't at a point where she feels safe/comfortable enough to explain her comments.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017

--

Birthright
Bitter Root
Criminal
Crowded
Deadly Class
East of West
Gideon Falls
Isola
Low
Middlewest
Monstress
Port of Earth
Seven to Eternity
Skyward
Snotgirl
The Wicked + The Divine

Assassination Nation is good

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

it's been fairly obvious for a while that that plan wasn't going to work out, and I've guessed for a while that a lot of the book's delays came down to rewrites and redrawing of completed portions due to them no longer fitting with the rest of the DC line, but yeah, that Snyder quote all but confirms it won't have much impact on the broader DC line outside a "Doomsday Clock Aftermath: New Rorschach in the DCU" miniseries or however they follow it up.

trans women can be white feminists too, it turns out. conflating disagreement and criticism with harassment is a pretty typical move

Her trauma is valid and so is her choice to prioritize her own health over dealing with the bigger controversy grown from Cain and Megs' own comments. The controversy and criticism are also valid. Hopefully, people can still be respectful even if Megs isn't at a point where she feels safe/comfortable enough to explain her comments.

I actually don't think presumptively treating everyone's subjective sense of trauma as valid regardless of the context is the right approach, but that's probably a topic for a different thread

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
At this point I'm really confused as what Johns will be doing post-Doomsday Clock outside of Shazam.

Three Jokers isn't dated and we haven't heard about his imprint since the reveal and it was supposed to start last month.
Green Arrow? He's one of the few big name properties he hasn't touched yet.

He's had runs on Superman, Justice League, Flash, Green Lantern, JSA, Legion of Superheroes, Shazam, Teen Titans, and Aquaman. Batman if you count Earth One. Like there are pretty few big names he hasn't had runs on yet, Green Arrow being one of them that's the most likely.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Snyder is making it sound like hes going to be writing a JSA book of some sort after their intro in JLA. But he says "their origin and their first mission" which makes me think its either a mini series or hes just writing the first arc or so on their ongoing and then passing it on to someone else.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Silver Surfer: "One, Poochie needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Poochie's not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking 'Where's Poochie?'"

Status
Not open for further replies.