• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Batman marry Catwoman during Tom Kings Batman storyline?

• Yes

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I just started reading my Black Magick book and I'm really enjoying it so far. Thanks for talking me into it PinchaUvas.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
anyone know any more details about the first Kabuki omnibus coming at the year's end? i know most of the library editions are stupid expensive, but wondering about page size/quality etc in the newer softcover volumes. this is one of the few books i'd rather save & get the best format.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
anyone know any more details about the first Kabuki omnibus coming at the year's end? i know most of the library editions are stupid expensive, but wondering about page size/quality etc in the newer softcover volumes. this is one of the few books i'd rather save & get the best format.
Damn. I never ended up picking up Library Edition vol.4... I have the first three, though.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
What the heck happened to Armor after Secret Wars? I haven't seen her in ages. I love her design because she looks like a big marshmallow person.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Damn. I never ended up picking up Library Edition vol.4... I have the first three, though.

yeah, good luck - looks like 2-4 go for $100-150 each. i hate OOP shit.
really love the big pages & sewing (i adore the hellboy library editions for this) but an amazon review of 2 shows the art is kinda stretched (think 4:3 content on a 16:9 display) and that's a bit off-putting

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
IMG_1334.png

There's gotta be an edit of this where she says "I'm so gay" instead. 100%.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WW as a whole is an experiment to prove that crossover events are the only things that destroy readership.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Kitty is sexualized a *lot* in Claremont's run to the point i wonder if he forgot she was 14 for most of it

Claremont is horny on main, I remember all the weird Storm stuff particularly well

Man remember that guy who left this community cuz zendaya was too black to be MJ

I don't like Homecoming but I legit laughed out loud with the whole "call me MJ" shit they pulled. The whole character is just some hilarious zoomer bullshit I love it

Godbless Ellis

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Very sad. Reading the Spider-Man by JMS omnibus and the lettering went from classic lettering style that I love:

48084466506_17ef418695_z.jpg

to this abominable style that I hate:

48084466416_3519edd168_z.jpg

I've read a lot of Marvel books that have this style, and you never see it in DC books. I don't like it at all. To me it's harder to read and makes it feel like there's so many words to read.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Very sad. Reading the Spider-Man by JMS omnibus and the lettering went from classic lettering style that I love:

48084466506_17ef418695_z.jpg

to this abominable style that I hate:

48084466416_3519edd168_z.jpg

I've read a lot of Marvel books that have this style, and you never see it in DC books. I don't like it at all. To me it's harder to read and makes it feel like there's so many words to read.
The text in that first image is way better, but it is also TOTALLY IN CAPS.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so Action Comics is good, Superman can be ignored? Do the books intersect like some of Bendis Marvel books did?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so Action Comics is good, Superman can be ignored? Do the books intersect like some of Bendis Marvel books did?
As far as I seen nope

I've just been reading Action comics after dropping superman and I've been fine

Remember to read Man of steel book bendis did it sets up the status quo

And yeah Action is way better than Superman

May 24, 2019
Getting Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. in the BOGO. Does the Infinity one-shot go between the two series?

edit: I got a place for another $1.99 comic in my BOGO checkout. Tell me ONE comic to buy.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
I got that already!

edit: Randomly clicked on What If? Infinity Inhumans and it has Riley Rossmo art. We have a wiener.
edit edit: or X-Men Black: Mojo for Scott Auckerman.
Hrmmmm.

Last edited:

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
If you try to figure out how time passes in Marvel you will drive yourself crazy. There is no passage of time. It is static and re-shapes itself to fit the era and the story. It's pretty fucked up if you think about it for a while.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
If you try to figure out how time passes in Marvel you will drive yourself crazy. There is no passage of time. It is static and re-shapes itself to fit the era and the story. It's pretty fucked up if you think about it for a while.

My man Chuck Austen knew this. Nightcrawler? 20 years old. Why? 'Cause fuck you. How? Who cares.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
1bb467b5-crazy_001_cov-1068x1643.jpg

MARVEL'S GREATEST…ER…MOST DEMENTED COMIC MAGAZINE
OBNOXIO THE CLOWN is back and so is one of MARVEL'S most hilarious titles thanks to a momentary lapse in sanity on the part of a few over-worked editors and a gang of writers and artists ready to take advantage of it. No super hero is safe! No comic book event is sacred! Will the Marvel Universe ever be the same? Will we want it to?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Sliding timescales are fun when it's stuff like it's technically the late 2000s but all the pop culture, tech, and fashion is straight out of the 60s and lame when it's doing things like Peter Parker in high school but they now have cell phones and iPods.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

Ultimates2 had the wildest theory ever about Marvel Time....annnd it's canon. Don't have scans of that one handy though, I'm at work.

KineAg62

May 8, 2018
Getting Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. in the BOGO. Does the Infinity one-shot go between the two series?

edit: I got a place for another $1.99 comic in my BOGO checkout. Tell me ONE comic to buy.
S.H.I.E.L.D. Inifinity's placement is kinda tricky, but reading it between the two series is best, which was how it was released. Go for that. I need to do a full re-read of that now that it's complete. Hickman and Weaver made a great team.
edit: bad, bad grammar.

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon put up a "Best comics and graphic novels of 2019 so far" thing. Keep in mind they only sell collections. Interesting list!

Bloom
Life is Strange Vol 1: Dust
Good Talk: A Memoir in Conversations
East of West Vol. 9
The Adventures of Alexander Von Humboldt
In Waves
Gender Queer: A Memoir
Komi Can't Communicate Vol. 1
Bitter Root Vol. 1
Coda Vol. 1
Skyward Vol. 2: Here There Be Dragonflies
Crowded Vol. 1
The Magic Order Vol. 1
Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider Vol. 1
Submerged Vol. 1
Man-Eaters Vol. 1
Mister Miracle by King & Gerads
Through a Life
Bone Parish Vol. 1
The Underfoot Vol. 1: The Mighty Deep

Link

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Binged all of Immortal Hulk last night. It's getting a LITTLE wacky but I think the constant new forms of body horror and spiritual posturing is keeping it fun. There is definitely a lot of lore in here I wasn't ready for (I had to look up literally all of these alternative Hulk personalities so it's getting a bit confusing) but I'm still so hype for the next issue.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Holy shit. I've never kickstarted any other game besides Bloodstained. I never stopped believing in Iga. It's everything I ever wanted so far. So happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.