• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Batman marry Catwoman during Tom Kings Batman storyline?

• Yes

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
They should release comics in a book like Shonen Jump. I'd buy that.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything worth reading involving the X-Men from the last 3-4 years outside of X-Men Red? I mostly read back issue stuff on DCU and MU, so I'm generally behind current issues by a couple years...but I think I'm gonna say fuck it and buy into House and Powers of X when that starts next month. Feels like the next big shift/storyline for them since at least Astonishing X-Men.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

Deep breath, True Believers—Al Ewing, Nick Spencer, G. Willow Wilson, Scott Aukerman, ACO, Brian Posehn, Howard Chaykin, Vita Ayala, Humberto Ramos, Audrey Loeb, Dario Brizuela, Ann Nocenti, Kim Jacinto, Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, Declan Shalvey, Kaare Andrews, Amy Reeder, Natacha Bustos, Frank Tieri, Dan Panosian, André Lima Araújo, Bill Morrison, Trina Robbins, Marc Guggenheim, and more are set to contribute to one of the most momentous individual issues in the history of the hallowed halls of the House of Ideas! Phew!

We finally got an official announcement.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It's amazing how in every piece of art Uncle Aaron exudes the strong aura of ain't shit.

Yeah the way he goes about explaining his clean slate to Miles leaves enough wiggle room that he could be bullshitting the entire time. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and him to suit up in his Prowler gear again.

Issue #7 of Miles was really good. I think the art during Miles' dinner date with his parents was a little wonky, but I loved the spotlight on his supporting cast and the new villain introduced in the end.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the way he goes about explaining his clean slate to Miles leaves enough wiggle room that he could be bullshitting the entire time. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and him to suit up in his Prowler gear again.

Issue #7 of Miles was really good. I think the art during Miles' dinner date with his parents was a little wonky, but I loved the spotlight on his supporting cast and the new villain introduced in the end.
Tbh this issue really proved to me that Ahmed should write Bombshell more. I vastly prefer where he took her over Bendis' inching her towards being a stalker.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

Deep breath, True Believers—Al Ewing, Nick Spencer, G. Willow Wilson, Scott Aukerman, ACO, Brian Posehn, Howard Chaykin, Vita Ayala, Humberto Ramos, Audrey Loeb, Dario Brizuela, Ann Nocenti, Kim Jacinto, Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, Declan Shalvey, Kaare Andrews, Amy Reeder, Natacha Bustos, Frank Tieri, Dan Panosian, André Lima Araújo, Bill Morrison, Trina Robbins, Marc Guggenheim, and more are set to contribute to one of the most momentous individual issues in the history of the hallowed halls of the House of Ideas! Phew!

We finally got an official announcement.

Anne Nocenti. Boyz.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Damn. American Carnage was intense today. Things are really moving ahead, and that hitman is still terrifying. I wonder if what's under the mask is really anything interesting, or it isn't someone 23 know.

Who else is reading this?

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
yo let's not pretend that The Seeds, whenever that book comes out, is Hot As Hell, it's a Primo quality book, Ann Nocenti is cool now

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, Cates's Guardians has been great. The art and roster is probably the biggest draw for me, but it's still good enough to read without it. I wouldn't describe any of the issues so far as dull. Plus it's just getting started, it's been mostly setup so far.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Batman #73 - This is the sort of dumb that I like. I feel like there's some sort of parallel with "married Batman = no Batman" and "Batman with parents = no Batman" and I'm curious how King is going to articulate why marrying Selena and finding peace that way is better than reuniting with his parents... beyond the obvious "that's not really your dad and also he's trying to bring your mom back from the dead with weird goop." Hoping this plot thread carries through beyond the next issue.

Captain America #11 - Still not a landmark Captain America run or anything but I'm still enjoying it. Daughters of Liberty are a cool team.

Guardians of the Galaxy #6 - Say what you will, but the sheer amount of content packed into each GOTG issue under Cates is great. Tons of characters, tons of action, tons of plot. In general I really like where the team left off, too - and glad CGR seems like he was mostly a "first act guest star" and not a central presence in the book. Now let's see what's up with Rocket...

Oct 25, 2017
Like Waid's Champions wasn't good, but I caught some feels from adult Cyclops teaming up with Kamala to fight some trolls and them reuniting and having that friendship from young Scott's memories. Zub knows what he's doing and I appreciate it on every level.

You sure? Are you really sure? Like on the one hand, after Midnighter and Midnighter and Apollo, I really like Steve Orlando.

But then there's JLA and Supergirl. And whatever that book was that he backdoor piloted out of the ending of Supergirl to bullshit the ending of Supergirl. I dropped that a couple issues in.

Are you reading Martian Manhunter right now? Rossmo's art is out of this world but Orlando's story is super compelling right now and strikes a great balance between wacky and gripping/emotional

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Flash season 5 on Netflix-whose idea was it to hire Chris Klein doing this awful Batman voice as a major villain?

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like Thomas' motivations are still pretty nebulous. I'm curious to see what happens in that regard. He still seems to have no problem working with Bane, and outside of knocking out Bruce and putting him in the Knightmare machine, he hasn't really... done anything for Bane yet. Still think this is a ploy.

If we go back to the end of "The Button", it's actually crystal clear. Thomas doesn't want Bruce to be Batman. He outright says "Don't be Batman". I feel like he's been saying it a lot.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
If we go back to the end of "The Button", it's actually crystal clear. Thomas doesn't want Bruce to be Batman. He outright says "Don't be Batman". I feel like he's been saying it a lot.

It's more than that. Especially the way he interacts with Bruce. Almost like he's still a child (and he kinda is I guess..) and his proclamations he's the real Batman. Idk something more seems to be going on but idk what yet.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Tbh this issue really proved to me that Ahmed should write Bombshell more. I vastly prefer where he took her over Bendis' inching her towards being a stalker.

For real. I've been seeing some complaining online of this intro arc moving to slow and I'm like, this is Ahmed addressing a lot of the issues that plagued Bendis' run before he starts going to larger scope arcs.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's more than that. Especially the way he interacts with Bruce. Almost like he's still a child (and he kinda is I guess..) and his proclamations he's the real Batman. Idk something more seems to be going on but idk what yet.

My read is that Thomas doesn't want to be Batman because he's miserable, and he sees a Bruce that doesn't want to be Batman because HE'S miserable, and he realizes they're both Batman because of that one fucked up night. So if he somehow manages to "undo" that traumatic event, everything fixes itself. Alternatively - based on that one upcoming cover with him and Gotham Girl as Batman and Robin, he might be trying to replace Bruce as Batman for his own good.

But of course "stop Bruce from being Batman for his own good" and Bane's whole plot being "make Bruce give up being Batman by making him suffer as brutally as possible" sort of contradict each other... maybe Thomas sees it as an ends justifying the means sort of thing?

May 24, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.