• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Batman marry Catwoman during Tom Kings Batman storyline?

• Yes

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
But of course "stop Bruce from being Batman for his own good" and Bane's whole plot being "make Bruce give up being Batman by making him suffer as brutally as possible" sort of contradict each other... maybe Thomas sees it as an ends justifying the means sort of thing?

My read, and it's in part based on peeking at the future, is that Bane's plan is kinda over. He's won. Batman is on the outs, he's been broken, we're at the end of Knightfall again. What Thomas is trying to do is getting Bruce to admit it's all over by giving him something nice so he doesn't ever want to be Batman ever again. It's one plan following from another plan.

Obviously this is gonna go to shit and something is gonna get Batman to go back and fight for his own happiness on his own terms, one-on-one against Bane, but that's not for another six months.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Spider-Man #1000

COME ON AKIRA, DO IT, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU
If Marvel did their own version of DC One Million?
Are you reading Martian Manhunter right now? Rossmo's art is out of this world but Orlando's story is super compelling right now and strikes a great balance between wacky and gripping/emotional
I am not. Forgot Orlando was doing that.

My thing with Orlando is this: He handles character extremely well. JLA was amazing with this. The characters alone had me reading the book, but the problem is plot. He does humor and dialogue and the base mechanics of it all just fine. But the plot is just so fucking...boring. And it's not just JLA, because I brought up Supergirl as well. Like, something about that just cause me to detach, and I think in that case his version of Supergirl was good, but it was "babysitter/camp counselor" Supergirl, as I call her. Not the Supergirl that I like, which is the kickass "I'm a Kryptonian let's fucking go!" type that I liked in DCAU and that Bendis wrote in Man of Steel that seems to be in the current ongoing (I only read the first few issues and have yet to catch up, while New 52 was similar, but far too lost and mopey though Soule's Red Lanterns was much closer). And the plot of his Supergirl I just kind of detached from because Kara's struggle wasn't as engaging. Then he contrived it with his backdoor pilot out of nowhere for the finale.

The Midnighter books were fucking bomb though. So, he's very hit or miss. I'm not really into J'onn as a character, and Orlando and Rossmo isn't the team to pull me in, so I probably won't grab the ongoing. I was mostly making a joke about Doom Patrol. I want to like Orlando because I loved Midnighter and I've loved parts of his other stories. When he goes raw, it's fucking great. When he tries to play this soft, long epic. it becomes a boring slog.

May 24, 2019
New issue Batman stuff:
A revived Martha Wayne
just might be the crazy change King was talking about.
I'm thinking Bat-dad pulls it off and she sticks around. Maybe he turns hero and sticks around too. Bruce has his parents back (in some form). That'd definitely be crazy.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
To be clear I'm mostly fucking with you, but you have been banging the "Cates is boring" drum for a few weeks now. And without anything to back up that take, yeah, it's a pretty boring one to keep throwing out there!

I only brought it up when talking about his books, and not even all of them. I don't read venom or ghost rider, cause I don't read either of those characters as a matter of course. And I think his run on Strange was Decent

But if you want a reason, Cates run on Thanos is the most mastabatory the character has ever gotten(yes that includes Starlin), it's a sharp step down from the previous stuff that Lemire?(I think it was lemire) was doing with his whole "Thanos wins" thing that also held the most nothing resolution and that's even accounting for Lemire's rendition of Death.

I also loathe Death of Inhumans. And I've gone on extreme detail on why

And I largely feel like Cates Gaurdians is going nowhere. It's more concerned with filling itself out with "Hey remember these guys?" Than actually attempting to do anything with the guys they're encircling

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
D9dvNJuXoAAWYih

I like this cover.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Batman #73 - This is the sort of dumb that I like. I feel like there's some sort of parallel with "married Batman = no Batman" and "Batman with parents = no Batman" and I'm curious how King is going to articulate why marrying Selena and finding peace that way is better than reuniting with his parents... beyond the obvious "that's not really your dad and also he's trying to bring your mom back from the dead with weird goop." Hoping this plot thread carries through beyond the next issue.

Didn't Alan Brennert already disprove
Batman with parents = no Batman
?

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017

Is that skinny dude with the bubble helmet Prof X?
I'd think they'd want him back in the chair for a jumping on point.

That's him, yes.

I doubt he ever goes back to the chair at this point. If Hickman and the editors aren't bullshitting, they're actually much more likely to outright reject putting him back given they keep reiterating they want to change how people think about the X-Men entirely.

May 24, 2019
The defeat of Bane and his mission has to be Bruce ending the series happy and fulfilled and still able to be Batman.
BM/CW already points to that happening. Flashpoint Dad going good and sticking around in his life
plus ressurected mom, maybe
would hit it home.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
read Guardians 6

I dug it. had a call back to something that bugged me in Thanos Imperative that actually had an explanation this time

also it gets points just for this

oKQNHpC.png

VDfmfYB.png

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Magik's actual outfit motif is Dungeons & Dragons chic.

Which is true even of the bendis run. In that half of her outfit was just armor

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Bruce will always end up a cop? Damn, I'd rather just die if that's my dated existence.

What no. Batman teleports to another dimension where there are no other superheroes and prevents the mugging that would have killed his parents under the assumption that doing so would rob this world of its Batman.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
That was a Bendis thing.

Nope. It's a Bachalo thing.

At least he didn't reuse that one costume on her.

And you can see a similar design in SHIELD and Cyclops' outfit.

Seriously, y'all blaming writers for art decisions? Also, prior Magik didn't really have a costume, outside of the standard New Mutants look, because she freakin' died (EDIT: as a NM) and popped around after that. The only defining feature was the metal arm.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Seriously, y'all blaming writers for art decisions? Also, prior Magik didn't really have a costume, outside of the standard New Mutants look, because she freakin' died (EDIT: as a NM) and popped around after that. The only defining feature was the metal arm.
I did not notice that before.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you're just not gonna deny it?

You see, "so I shouldn't be too surprised you'd leap to that" was what you're asking for right now. The intended reading of this sentence is meant to pass on my dislike of cops. I understand you have zero reading comprehension, so if you ever need help with those big boy words feel free to hit me up.

Christ. "Weiss loves cops confirmed." Of all the things I've been accused of on Era that one is just poisonous.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
You see, "so I shouldn't be too surprised you'd leap to that" was what you're asking for right now. The intended reading of this sentence is meant to pass on my dislike of cops. I understand you have zero reading comprehension, so if you ever need help with those big boy words feel free to hit me up.
That's a lot of words to say "I love cops".

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yall admitting to liking a Ramos cover!? In 2019?

Yea its a pretty sweet cover. I guess some stores are going to be handing out Krakoa seeds on the release date. Not sure what they are lol, but I kinda want some to see what grows lol. Glad to see they are bringing Krokoa with them where ever they end up going though. Really liked how they used it in Aaron's X-Men.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Thread getting heated today.

But tomorrow we'll be at peace when Marvel announces that Howard Mackie is back to write a new Spider-Man book.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Has anyone ever asked him how these ladies keep their tops up lol? Do they just use lots of tape or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.